Maurice Ross ?

Kylie

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

First natural right back in many years. If he can get his fitness up to scratch, his distribution and positional sense could be a major boost to the development of Chris Humphrey.

Really, really good point that. As much as I rate Saunders, he's not a natural there, Ross getting up and down the wing behind Humphrey should help him big time.

Yes, he a had a sound, if not spectacular, debut and I was impressed..

Yes I thought he played pretty well. Good to see he was capable of lasting the full 90 minutes, although you'd think the original plan would be to bring him off before the end but Gunning's injury forced him to play on.

There was a couple of occasions where Humphrey would have the ball and looked as though he was waiting for the overlap and it just didn't come, but the longer they play together the less that kind of thing will happen.

thought he had a very good game

very impressed with his distribution - always looked for a pass rather than "launch" it up the line and ((5 his pass rate was successful

as mentioned earlier - looks more natural there and expect him to certainly make that slot his own from now until the end of the season

experienced player and certainly a good and valuable addition to the team

Yeah Saunders is a fantastic prospect but is not a natural right back. My ideal future line up in defence would be:

Ross - Hutchinson - Saunders - Hammell.

Gunning will be gone next season, unless we can extend his loan deal and I think this may be Craigans final season and we will see him maybe move to a coaching role or into the media circut.

The question is where does this leave Hateley? Has had a few shots in the midfield, but just doesn't look comfortable. Good right back, but doubt he would like being backup to Ross, but then again maybe the competition for places will improve his game even more and he could become an even better right back than he already is.

Good problems to have I suppose!

I think Maurice Ross staying past the summer will depend on who we get to replace Jennings and if their wage demands means someone else has to be let go. I think the club will persevere with Hateley as he still has 2 years to run and is young. It also surprises me that many forget he mainly won his young player of the year awarded last season for his performances sitting in front of the back four as a defensive midfielder. Craig's formation and tactics didn't suit his game as much as Gannon's so when he was drafted into right back he ultimately improved.

It also surprises me that many forget he mainly won his young player of the year awarded last season for his performances sitting in front of the back four as a defensive midfielder. Craig's formation and tactics didn't suit his game as much as Gannon's so when he was drafted into right back he ultimately improved.

i agree that when he played that anchor role - he looked good, but that was part of a midfield three and anytime we play two central midfielders, i dont think he looks as comfortable

all will depend on who stays / goes in the summer and who he brings in. i think he himself, wants to play CM, however we, the fans, think he is better at RB!

• 6 months later...