Chris Porter Signs For Derby County

Motherwell Fan

• Replies 263
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

good luck to the big man. class act. sorry to see him go but he has done so well since bein here and deserves a big move. kept his head down, got on with the job (in some style), so he leaves with my best wishes. hope he does really well.

hope he boots that wee whore mccormack in the baws!

I reckon he'll turn down Championship football and sign a new 4 year deal at the Ark..

You heard it here first.

I think you could be right. £400,000 is too good an offer for us to turn down but i believe the club will be doing everything they can to keep a hold of him to the end of the season at least.

Not too surprised to be honest, if a suitable offer came in he'd be away, and £400K is decent business. As others have said, we'll miss his link-up play as Sutton is more a penalty box player, but I reckon if he gets the service he'll score. Gutted to see him go though, as he's the best 'big' striker we've had at the club in years, great pace, feet, link-up play as well as arial ability and scoring rate.

What is the best way to boost the squad with £400K now? Interesting, almost a new thread....

People on the Cardiff boards are saying that the Welsh media is reporting that Porter was on his way down but has received word of other interest and has turned around to come back up and consider other offers.

that'll do me. at the very least it increases his chances of being in the starting line up for saturday.

However it turns out, and whoever he ends up with, I am just glad to see our gamble with taking on Porter has actually paid off (most likely). Great to be getting that sort of money for him in this financial climate and considering how little of his contract is left to go. Now, if other clubs are interested as reported above, maybe we can get the price hiked up a bit too?

that'll do me. at the very least it increases his chances of being in the starting line up for saturday.

If the game had went ahead last night porter was not going to play according to the papers?? so maybe they knew about it and if he is to go then i dont think mfc will risk a bad injury and play him on sat

People on the Cardiff boards are saying that the Welsh media is reporting that Porter was on his way down but has received word of other interest and has turned around to come back up and consider other offers.

Might bump his price tag up a bit if a few folk are interested?

McGhee says

Setanta.com. “We’ve accepted an offer from Cardiff and have handed it over to Porter who is away speaking with family and whoever else he speaks to and he will make a decision as to whether he thinks it’s the right thing for him. “So we’re actually waiting as we speak for him to come back to us and say 'yes I’m interested and I will go and speak to Cardiff.'

“So, at this moment in time it is not a done deal.

“He knows he has to give us an answer today because he knows we have options with regard to who we can bring in to strengthen a little bit if we lose him.

“Maybe not a direct replacement, but we can certainly invest some of the wages we will save on Chris to bring in a loan player and we want to do that quickly.”

http://www.walesonline.co.uk/footballnatio...91466-22810420/

Bluebirds' quest for Chris Porter on hold

Jan 29 2009 By Mark Bloom, Media Wales

Cardiff City's bid to sign Motherwell striker Chris Porter has been on hold until after the weekend.

The 24-year-old was on his way for a medical with the Bluebirds earlier today, but turned back to consider other options before commiting himself to a move to South Wales.

The Bluebirds remain interested in Porter and could yet complete the deal on Monday, but for now it is delayed.

Porter has netted nine goals in 21 starts this season for the Scottish Premier League club and has a fine career scoring record having claimed 31 goals in 66 starts for Oldham before moving to Motherwell.