Chris Porter Signs For Derby County

Motherwell Fan

With regards to McDonald, I remember when we knocked back the bid from Rnagers he talked about how we had wasted his dreams to play for his "boyhood heros!" Yet when he signed for the Smellic, he declared it as joining the club he had always supported! Basically put, he is a we fat arsed whore and despite him being excellent for us over his time at the club, I can't stand him now!

bullsh*t mcdonald was always a celtic fan & was a great motherwell player

• Replies 263
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm hugely disappointed to be losing big Ports, if this turns out to be true. The money is good for sure, and if McGhee can use it to bring in two or three players now and keep the likes of Buzz, Shug and Maros beyond the summer then all well and good.

Good luck in Cardiff Ports, and thanks for everything.

bullsh*t mcdonald was always a celtic fan & was a great motherwell player

Maybe he was - didn't stop him hoaring himself to Rangers and spitting oot the dummy when we knocked back their pathetic bid? And all that from a life-long diehard kiss the badge when a score and taunt the fans of my former club Smellic fan?!!

Aye-Right!!!

Can only echo the sentiments of everyone else. Absolutely gutted but was always on the cards. I'll be astonished if the fee is re-invested in the squad though. But that is a decent fee.

Throughout all the transfer speculation Porter conducted himself very proffesionally and leaves with my best wishes.

(As for Scott McDonald. A fantastic Motherwell player. Easily one of the best I've seen in my lifetime but he showed himself for what he was on his return to Fir Park by pointing at the mhanky Celtic badge on his strip to the East Stand after he scored. He has also managed to successfully ignore the fact he ever played for Motherwell)

Maybe he was - didn't stop him hoaring himself to Rangers and spitting oot the dummy when we knocked back their pathetic bid? And all that from a life-long diehard kiss the badge when a score and taunt the fans of my former club Smellic fan?!!

Aye-Right!!!

Well said! Slimey wee c*nt he is.

Back to the original subject, good offer from Cardiff that we can't really afford to reject. Ports has conducted himself brilliantly throughout (unlike some) and he has earned his move.

P.s. Extra happy he said "no" to the Jambo scum!! Wanks

I think even leaving aside McDonald's off the field attitude, there is a world of difference between Porter and McDonald on the field. McDonald was all about Scott McDonald, not really a team player. I remember at the time some people said "Well, can you blame him? Would you give the ball to Clarkson??". Porter seemed to have no problem with doing so and it didn't work out too badly. As I've said in this thread earlier, Porter and Clarkson were a great partnership. I don't recall McDonald combining that well with anyone...

To be fair, if he's only going down for a medical today then they can't really publish anything. That's where 'Flows hands are tied - I'm sure he knows what's happening but can't run the risk of looking like a tit if red tape stalls the deal or even kills it.

On the subject of the transfer itself, I'll be sorry to see Porter go, of course, but it is a good bit of business and if it helps to secure Klimpl on a permanent deal, gets the guy Webster signed up and maybe one more signing then it's been more than good value.

On top of that, if we manage to swap Malcolm for Cowie then we'd be in much better shape for the second half of the season than we were for the first, especially now that McLean is almost back in contention. I might need to buy another sombrero...

Frazzle

Maybe im the only one, but I'de much rather keep him and his goals till the end of the season and then let him walk away for nowt! :(

I would rather keep him as well but if the fee quoted is correct I think it can be put to much better use by securing some of the other players on new deals (Buzz, Shug, Klimpl) as well as possibly brining in one or two others.

From a business perspective, selling him now is really the only option.

Think echoing the general sentiment, it a good move for Porter and for a player out of contract it a not to much of a shitty fee. I just hope some of that money at least does help us say tie down, Hughes, Klimpl and a new face or two if we lucky. Bearing in mind the wages freed from Porter are also meant to be on the hefty side for us.

Been wondering about Sutton not even being coming off the bench in recent weeks, wondering if there any problems with him and the manager. Hopefully not and if there are were now it time to bury them and for Sutton to step up and take his chance. Yeah he might not be as good as Porter in many ways but he always done fairly well up in Scotland and showed he knows where the goal is. I sure he can fit in without to much disruption and do us a turn.

Can only echo the thoughts of everyone else. Gutted to see him go , but we have held out for a reasonable offer.

Has given us all some brilliant moments over his season and a half here and recently has been a major factor in our improved run of form.

Time for John Sutton to step it up.

Chrissy Porter Motherwell's number 9! :(

Totally agree, but since when did a football fans brain work in a business perspective.

Sad to see the big man go, we always knew it was coming. Best of luck

I know mate, and I would have liked him to stay too but it was always likely to happen and I really don't think any of us can deny him a move. He's done a great job for us and I'm happy to have seen him play for the Well.

Yep tremendous player for us and agree with what someone said before that he's probably the best front man we've had since TC.

Sounds like a good deal for all concerned, let's hope Cardiff gain promotion to the Premiership to show everyone just how good Ports and Rossco really are.

A couple of new faces before Feb 3rd and I'm pretty confident we'll finish the season strongly.

Do they want Clarkson aswell? Sheep shagging bastards.....

But on a serious note, gutted to see Porter go if this turns out to be true, which, with Devlin reporting it, I expect it to be, but he goes, like everyone else has said, with my best wishes and thanks.

He done a tremendous job for us and 425k at this stage of his deal, considering we got him for nowt is a good move for everyone involved.

Only wish he'd have scored that header on Saturday now...