Inverurie Pitch

WellMartyn

• Replies 277
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I am one of Mitches 3 seats for the bus - where's it leaving from? I might end up missing it as I've to drive back to the 'Well from Newton Mearns and it's mental weather through here.

If I'd known... :evilgrin:

2pm from the War Office, keep the wee man posted and we'll see what we can do.

What if its a case of no being late but actually not getting there?

Thats what I am thinking, I remember a Scotland tie when we were awarded the tie as the other team didn't turn up because either they or we were at the wrong stadium or on a protest about the ground !!! :evilgrin::lol:

Thats what I am thinking, I remember a Scotland tie when we were awarded the tie as the other team didn't turn up because either they or we were at the wrong stadium or on a protest about the ground !!! :evilgrin::lol:

Aye but then we had to play a replay in Monaco didn't we??

Has the snow made any difference ?

:evilgrin:

Was shocked at how there was absolutely nothing in the way of snow in Glasgow, was sunny compared to the ridiculous snow in Lanarkshire. A wee text to my boss and he thought I was bullshitting him, a picture message sorted that. Although it's pretty bad here now!! I definitely won't be travelling up tonight.

anyone from Stirling, Perth, Dundee, Stonehaven got an update what its like up there so i know what to expect for travelling conditions??

Been a few heavy showers here, south side of Aberdeen, but it isn't lying...YET

A word of warning though..if your coming wear your thermals. The temps may be positive (just) but with the wind chill factor this feels like the coldest of the days so far that the match could have been played on.

Radio Scotland still going with game on but indicate it'll be reviewed as the day goes on with Aberdeenshire on the radar for snow as the day goes on.

Falkirk area is getting well plastered just now, and staying up the top of the Slammanan Rd (up from the High Station), if it keeps up, I could be struggling to get out of our estate :wallbash:

Any Central Scotland cooncil worker out there who fancies doing a homer with his spreader truck - all the way to Inverurie :rolleyes:

MON RA DOSSERS

I'm now starting to doubt the sanity of driving to Inverurie!

I doubt my work would expect me to travel in this weather, yet I am willing to do it on my day off??

I can't believe they can call the game off 4 times, then on a day when it would be crazy (or LOCO) to drive up, they put it on, meaning all those half days, shift swaps etc have been a waste of time for us all. The game will go ahead, and most of the 'well fans won't make it!

Arsenal v Cardiff tomorrow has been postponed.

Different country I know , just seems strange Inverurie have managed to get a game on today of all days.

I know it's the refs decision and the pitch itself is fine etc, but I cant help thinking you've got McGhee to blame for this game not being called off. At some stage soon someone somewhere will have to make a call on road conditions.

I know it's the refs decision and the pitch itself is fine etc, but I cant help thinking you've got McGhee to blame for this game not being called off. At some stage soon someone somewhere will have to make a call on road conditions.

Andy J whats the weather like up in Inverurie just now? Aberdeen is just snow showers but nothing lying. It si a bit worse out in Drumoak where it has started lying.

Kinda know where you're coming from - some of our posters have given Loco's pelters for the previous games being off, and many (myself included) are now questioning the sanity of driving up and hoping the game's off :wallbash:

MON RA DOSSERS

Andy J whats the weather like up in Inverurie just now? Aberdeen is just snow showers but nothing lying. It si a bit worse out in Drumoak where it has started lying.

I'm in Kemnay at the moment (5 miles from Inverurie) and we've got a dusting of snow and thats all. Its been lying all morning and not really melting so must be just a fraction above freezing. Two brief snow showers earlier this morning but thats it. Not sure what that BBC article about road conditions up here is on about?

Radio Scotland still going with game on but indicate it'll be reviewed as the day goes on with Aberdeenshire on the radar for snow as the day goes on.

Falkirk area is getting well plastered just now, and staying up the top of the Slammanan Rd (up from the High Station), if it keeps up, I could be struggling to get out of our estate :wallbash:

Any Central Scotland cooncil worker out there who fancies doing a homer with his spreader truck - all the way to Inverurie :rolleyes:

MON RA DOSSERS

You in a wee micro-climate up Slammanan Road?? It's sunny just off the High Street!!! :lol:

Willie Collum's the ref I'm sure.....

Not sure where he's from, but I don't think he'd have inspected the pitch this morning.

Willie Collum stays in Carfin (or at least he did a year ago). He teaches at Cardinal Newman high so it's somewhere around the motherwell area.