Boyle Fined By S.f.a

postiejim

John Boyle, the Motherwell chairman, has been disciplined by the SFA for his part in a clash with Craig Brown on April 2nd.

The Fir Park chairman, who did not appear at the hearing, has been fined £2,500 and severely censured for "behaving in an inappropriate and inflammatory manner towards opposing team's club officials".

Following Motherwell's 2-1 victory, Boyle was seen to make a comment to his former employee, Craig Brown , which the latter took exception to.

Brown was censured earlier today for his part in the confrontation, but escaped further sanctions because the SFA board "acknowledged the level of provocation" to which he was subjected.

Motherwell have admitted that they are surprised by the decision, and intend to appeal the verdict.

Unbelieveable. Only Brown and Boyle know what was actually said, and it could have been anything. Brown's reaction should have seen HIM as the one fined or worse, not Boyle. FFS.

Shocking, cant understand how the person who says something, no matter what was said, gets the fine whilst the one trying to attack (in the loosest possible definition of attack) the other gets no real punishment. How can what Boyle said merit this, bar it being a racist or sectarian comment which i would doubt very highly, it would have merely been around the lines of get it up ye ya judas, or your no getting a penny the tax i pay for your state pension will cover it,

Surely the precedent has been set with the Lennon and McCoist incident? Would like to see the verdict in full, sounds a bit iffy to me.

When a football player retaliates its always he who retaliates who gets punished. Surely this incident should follow the same logic?

Shocking, cant understand how the person who says something, no matter what was said, gets the fine whilst the one trying to attack (in the loosest possible definition of attack) the other gets no real punishment.

Exactly. And, as Special AKA syas how come Archie Knox escapes completely despite the fact he grabbed JB?

The SFA have a lot of questions to answer.

Motherwell Football Club today (Tuesday 10th May 2011) issued the following statement in relation to the SFA Disciplinary Hearing.

“The club can confirm that it has received notification from the Scottish Football Association (SFA) that Chairman John Boyle has been fined £2,500 and severely censured after being found guilty of ‘behaving in an inappropriate and inflammatory manner towards the opposing team’s club official’ at a hearing in Glasgow this afternoon.

“Motherwell FC is surprised at this outcome and fully intend to appeal the decision at the earliest possible opportunity.”

as much as i would like to defend Boyle, he provoked the situation.. if tables were turned and brown walked up and made comments in boyles ear and boyle reacted then that would be right too... Boyle obviously said something in his ear that made him react that way and he gets what he deserved

as much as i would like to defend Boyle, he provoked the situation.. if tables were turned and brown walked up and made comments in boyles ear and boyle reacted then that would be right too... Boyle obviously said something in his ear that made him react that way and he gets what he deserved

I think you're missing the point that a precedent had already been set a few weeks earlier with the McCoist/Lennon incident.