Tom Boyd

steelboy

Why bother about him? Most of us agree he is one of the last people we think about when thinking back to hero's of 91 even though he was our captain. He is history, we have the good guys around Fir Park. He was our captain who lifted the Scottish Cup and that's all he is remembered for down Fir Park road, because he feels closer to another club, does that give us the right to abuse him? I think not.

• Like 1

He was our captain who lifted the Scottish Cup and that's all he is remembered for down Fir Park road, because he feels closer to another club, does that give us the right to abuse him? I think not.

Thats not the point. I have no problem with Tom Boyd feeling closer to Celtic than us, none whatsoever. However given that he played for both contestants who were meeting each other in the final, he should not have been asked to represent Celtic officially on Saturday and if he had been he should have declined. If he had been at Hampden in a personal capacity supporting Celtic I could have lived with that.

I was sitting in the hospitality on Saturday, when Celtic scored there first goal I heard loud cheering, I turned round and to my shock Tom Boyd was cheering as if he was the Celtic manager. I understand the guy is a Celtic fan which is fair enough but his celebration was disrespectful to the team and fans that made him the player he ended up being.

Overall I feel he could have shown a bit more respect considering he was sitting in the area meant for Motherwell fans and this was our first Scottish cup final since he lifted the trophy for us, I hope he never gets invited to another

Motherwell function which is sad as he was once a hero to so many of us.

I’m all for a democratically ran club but lets make sure we spend our time deciding what’s best for Motherwell Football Club and not arguing over shit like this!

If we’re going to start making petty lists like this then god help our future!

Watch whit yir sayin Stuwell you might end up on the list . :whistling:

I haven't read what he has said with regards to Saturday's game but it saddens that he never seems to cherish the achievement of '91 in the same light as the rest of the team.

My sister ran into him at the opening of a youth centre and did the starry eyed thing of telling him that he was one of her biggest heroes as a wean. He couldn't have been more delighted and although he at the opening in the capacity as a member of Celtic FC, had all the time in the world to chat about the cup win, she only had good words to say about how good he'd been about it, just my two cents.

We were pretty poor in the final and I don't have a problem with a winner steaming into losers and telling them they weren't good enough.

However, I lost a lot of respect for Tom Boyd when I saw the Team Captain of the last Motherwell team to win the trophy parading about in a Celtic scarf. I know he is a Celtic man but I felt given the occassion it was disrespectful to the club and supporters.

My sister ran into him at the opening of a youth centre and did the starry eyed thing of telling him that he was one of her biggest heroes as a wean. He couldn't have been more delighted and although he at the opening in the capacity as a member of Celtic FC, had all the time in the world to chat about the cup win, she only had good words to say about how good he'd been about it, just my two cents.

he was after his sausage roll

However, I lost a lot of respect for Tom Boyd when I saw the Team Captain of the last Motherwell team to win the trophy parading about in a Celtic scarf. I know he is a Celtic man but I felt given the occassion it was disrespectful to the club and supporters.

The thinking, I suppose, was that he'd be a Celtic representative that the Motherwell fans might not boo, and might even applaud. The reality might have been different, couldn't tell from where I was sitting (round in section P, where the pair of them never came past anyway).

I was talking to Psycho on Cup Final eve (before he was proper melted) and he said that the '91 team would be at the final but without McCart. He said McCart hadn't been invited as it would have put him in a bit of a position given he is currently employed by the smellies . I'm guessing if this is correct then a wee phone call must have taken place with McCart.....

And Tom Boyd is a banger....