Community Ownership

Spiderpig

Certainly since Ms Dempster came on board things seem to have been going well, howver I would like to know how we will fund player transfers

Frees, loans and Bosmans, I expect. Boyle has done a good job of eliminating the 'hands in pocket' funded wages in readiness for the handover to the Community.

Norwich had a massive home support in the English 1st Division Lip not just an increase due to Promotion so what your saying is wrong.

Man City broke records at nearly every away game when they were in the 1st Division and there home crowds were'nt much lower than usual, but their season ticket sales were less than half what it was in the Premiership. It's apparently a pretty common phenomenon it seems people are less than willing to pay up front for what they perceive as poorer fare but it doesn't seem to stop them going along. However get back to the top flight and they want to make sure they've got a seat.

I'm pretty sure Blackpools season ticket holders increased by a similarly massive amount last season.

I would figure the 20,000 figure was for championship season 2010-11 as there wouldn't be any totals for next years premiership tickets as the sale is ongoing.

Don't let common sense get in the way of your madman ramblings.

The sale is ongoing and already they've sold 21,883 for 2011-12, which is 800 odd up on last year. I was actually speaking about the First Division as opposed to the Championship anyway, mentioning Norwich's two promotions and Man City's time down there as examples. I used the analogy of Norwich playing against the best in the EPL as a contrast to what Motherwell face in the top flight up here. However it still stands the further you drop the lower your ST sales go.

As long as the club doesn't try to make one giant leap for all Well fan kind. This has got to be a long term plan. Lots of little steps to reach our final destination. The Norwich example is a bit optimistic we have all followed the mighty well for long enough to know that. Sometimes you have to go backwards to go forward (simo Valikari) football used to be about the local community and I think this is Leeanns thinking. It would be really nice if this pays off. Do we have enough fans to make it work? I have my doubts but we have to try something new. We don't really have much choice.

I posted the article from the Herald without making any comment on it,my first reaction to the article when i saw it was why the first details on probably the most important project for the club in decades were given in an interview with a newspaper,you would have thought these details might have gone up on say the official site first so that the people who are going to be asked to actually buy into this project were given the information first,or is it that no details have been finalised in which case why is a club offical giving an interview to a newspaper on the subject at all!

I posted the article from the Herald without making any comment on it,my first reaction to the article when i saw it was why the first details on probably the most important project for the club in decades were given in an interview with a newspaper,you would have thought these details might have gone up on say the official site first so that the people who are going to be asked to actually buy into this project were given the information first,or is it that no details have been finalised in which case why is a club offical giving an interview to a newspaper on the subject at all!

Agreed read the article about how St Mirren are planning to do the same by raising £2,000,000. They've just about got the funding in place and 700 fans on board paying an annual fee of £120 along with local businesses who are stumping up a lot more. Looking at it, it seems that Motherwell don't have a clear path of how they are going to achieve their strategy. It's all a bit vague and fans should of been consulted, first you would of thought, before going to the papers branding figures that may turn out to be not enough.

It was an interview with The Herald not a filing with the Stock Exchange. I imagine the actual details will be announced when the plan has been finalised.

Still, at least it was another chance to keep your Dempster vendetta running.

• Like 1

I like Leanne Dempster. A lot more transparency has occurred since her arrival.

Definitely worried about this Community Ownership though. I'm as fervent a Motherwell fan as you'll find, but, being a student, finding the money for the season ticket is hard enough, so the £300 is out the window.

Same with my dad, but for different reasons.

Do we have enough fans, with enough money for this to be feasible in the short, or indeed long term?

Do we have enough fans, with enough money for this to be feasible in the short, or indeed long term?

With small businesses struggling and folk getting made redundant all over the place, I very much doubt it. I imagine that a significant proportion of our support go out on a limb to secure a Season Ticket.

I'm in favour of the concept but I don't see it being feasible for a washed out community like North Lanarkshire that will never take a huge interest in Motherwell FC.

• Like 2

It was an interview with The Herald not a filing with the Stock Exchange. I imagine the actual details will be announced when the plan has been finalised.

Precisely, she should have kept her trap buttoned until there was something concrete to talk about.

It's called a teaser you muppet, its to stimulate interest and debate.

I guess you're the sort of guy who hates watching the trailers when you go to the cinema? How dare those evil movie exec's let us see 3 minutes of the next summer blockbuster.

Don't know why you are agreeing with Weeyin, his opinion is the opposite of your own.

This isn't something we should be issuing teasers about, this is a huge undertaking and needs a lot of research and consultations both with the fans and with local businesses. Only once that has been done can we start bandying figures about. If we dont know how many levels there are how can we know what sort of figure we'lll be charging at the lower level, or what sort of income we should be looking at?

My problem is not with Ms Dempster herself it's with the way she does things, she did the exact same thing with the sponsorship saga at the beginning of the season remember the infamous comment " every other clubs fans will be envious once we unveil our new sponsor" that obviously fell through and we started out without a fecking sponsor for our European ties. She shouldn't be mentioning figures until the whole thing is complete it's appalling business practice. I aint gonna chill because this is my club she's fucking about with.

This is a huge undertaking and needs a lot of research and consultations both with the fans and with local businesses.

Agreed. I'm very surprised there's been so little debate about it on the Boards. This is the future of our club we're talking about here.

nothing to talk about is there?

we know nothing about this, do we?

(much like the lack of debate on SPL 10 as it the very future of what we see as a club, but our community club decided not to consult with us, then got views through a fans survey and decided it wasnt a priority)

The proposed scheme is not Leeann dempsters idea its a board decision, and i dont think that they will be rushing into any half baked ideas with the finances of the club. The one member 1 vote at whatever level of financial commitment you choose is a great idea, it will generate income but i dont think that the board are naive enought to think that it will solve all their financial worries.

There will still be major inputs from sponsors, corporate clients, merchandising, TV money, advertising, gate receipts and ticket sales this is where the bulk of the funding will come from. The community ownership will give the ordinary fans a voice in return for a financial commitment which will be a bonus to the club in addition to their existing income streams, so how can that be a bad thing.

If it works we may have a greater say in how the club is run, not in the normal day to day stuff or major decisions but in the decisions that directly affect the fans, ie ticket costs, club catering, stewarding, etc

The proposed scheme is not Leeann dempsters idea its a board decision, and i dont think that they will be rushing into any half baked ideas with the finances of the club. The one member 1 vote at whatever level of financial commitment you choose is a great idea, it will generate income but i dont think that the board are naive enought to think that it will solve all their financial worries.

There will still be major inputs from sponsors, corporate clients, merchandising, TV money, advertising, gate receipts and ticket sales this is where the bulk of the funding will come from. The community ownership will give the ordinary fans a voice in return for a financial commitment which will be a bonus to the club in addition to their existing income streams, so how can that be a bad thing.

If it works we may have a greater say in how the club is run, not in the normal day to day stuff or major decisions but in the decisions that directly affect the fans, ie ticket costs, club catering, stewarding, etc

Ach ye've wasted it now by going back to sensible talk. Shame on you. :rolleyes: