Atmosphere At Fir Park

Dee

4vmiqq.jpg

Was sitting down the front of the second section on saturday on the end of the row. That supervisor guy in the picture next to the police in the corner is an absolute bell end. Even the stewards were rolling their eyes when he gave them instructions.thinks he's head of security for the feckin Olympics.Twat!

Im very proud of the effort to create a better atmosphere which i was remarking to my partner after an away game. However i feel a right tosser after the recent pelters and booing from the east stand. My ST is for the cooper, itcan be very quite and i have loved the fact that even they have got involved in the singing but sadly the piss poor reaction to ONE OF OUR OWN PLAYERS has again succeeded in alienating the cooper stand. East stand may say fook them but surely they want all fans united. 3rd in the Leauge behind the old firm who have massive resources compared to us

WHAT THE FUK DO THESES IDIOTS WANT??????????

Im very proud of the effort to create a better atmosphere which i was remarking to my partner after an away game. However i feel a right tosser after the recent pelters and booing from the east stand. My ST is for the cooper, itcan be very quite and i have loved the fact that even they have got involved in the singing but sadly the piss poor reaction to ONE OF OUR OWN PLAYERS has again succeeded in alienating the cooper stand. East stand may say fook them but surely they want all fans united. 3rd in the Leauge behind the old firm who have massive resources compared to us

I would like to point out that the guys aiming to improve the atmosphere at Fir Park are completely against the booing of our own players!

• Like 1

Dare I say some of them actually revel in misery, nothing has changed over decades. I don't think it ever will but it should, bang out of order. That said to blame the entire East Stand for it is way off the mark, there were plenty fans in there applauding Murphy off in recognition of his efforts. The boo boys were even at it when the half time whistle went cos we weren't scudding Aberdeen, we don't always get our own way as we know but it astounds me that some folk still think we have a God given right to win matches against anyone. Some think we should expect perfection from every player at all times as well, we are Motherwell FFS. If we had a perfect player he widnae be here long, and when our fans can claim to be perfect then we can maybe criticise players for falling below the mark.

Modernist repeated an oft uttered phrase last week, some folk need a relegation to wake them up to our situation and appreciate what we currently have but it's been like that longer than I care to remember. Ideas above their station, as my auld Nana used to say, would describe it accurately methinks.

Even more important that the Bois up the far end are successful in their efforts with far reaching effect cos without them the boo boys are the only thing we'll hear in future.

• Like 3

The guys down the end of the east have been doing a great job so far this year getting an atmosphere into the place. Some of the new songs (Humphrey one and Keith chant especially) are great, and the colour added by the flags etc. is brilliant.

One thing I would say - and don't anybody take this as criticism - is that I'd prefer if every now and then they could start some of the classic well songs as the only ones that the majority of the ground will join in with are:

Well Well super Well...

Motherwell Motherwell Motherwell...

We are the Motherwell FC...

Might be a bit basic in comparison to the new stuff going on, but surely there's time during the 90 mins to get a couple of renditions in!

The only way we're going to have a chance to drown out all the miserable barstewards is to get more folk singing/cheering/supporting the team.

:woop:

• Like 3

One thing I would say - and don't anybody take this as criticism - is that I'd prefer if every now and then they could start some of the classic well songs as the only ones that the majority of the ground will join in with are:

Well Well super Well...

Motherwell Motherwell Motherwell...

We are the Motherwell FC...

Might be a bit basic in comparison to the new stuff going on, but surely there's time during the 90 mins to get a couple of renditions in!

Another old codger who agrees with this. But will gladly sit at the south end of the East Stand to join in the increasingly popular efforts of these fans.

Also delighted with the votes of confidence from the younger members of the Fir Park board for the fan's support and displays.

We have a singing section of sorts albeit unofficila, how about an officila boo boy / moany bastard section ? We could locate it on that wee island in the middle osf the Strathy Park Loch !

F....s sake Al, the board moved me to accomodate the bigot brothers, now you want me to move to Strathy Park just because I'm a grumpy/moany bastard

You've taken that too far angry.giflaugh1.gif

Just noticed your location - take it your on Missionary work along with AndyP notworthy.gif

Are you joking? The Cooper is every bit as bad for it as the East.

Would definitely disagree with you there, sat in the Cooper for fifteen years until this season and although the Cooper was dull and lifeless at times, I never at any point experienced anything like the booing I have heard at certain points in the East Stand this season, the abuse of Higdon on Saturday in particular.

Could section F not be moved to the bottom of the east stand and we move these guys and those likeminded souls into the centre.

Sounds a bit like an idealism Bucs, you would always get someone showing objection and causing an argument!

Anyway, back on topic the boys at the far end of the stand are doing a fantastic job and even if there had been a boo down that end on Saturday it would have been drowned out by Craig Brown bashing, which is perfectly fine by me!

• Like 1

Thought I'd add my tuppence worth....

I have been around the halfway line at the East Stand since well before the seats. Like many, I’ve noticed the atmosphere steadily getting quieter over the years, and the number of games where it stays lively reduced to an occasional cup-tie, or an old firm game. There is still the occasional song, but most of the noise in recent past has been shouting, and a lot of that has been less than positive. I must confess that some of it has been me, especially when the ‘Well are at their most frustrating.

My son asked the other week if we could move from our season ticket seats and sit with the “singing section”, as he thought it would be better. I asked if he wanted to go on his own, (he’s a small-ish 12) and he said he’d prefer if I went too. So we were in the end section for the Aberdeen game. Him, slightly younger than the majority, and me, bringing the average age up a fair bit :blush:

The game itself was OK in spells, but there were many passages of play which could hardly be described as enthralling. HOWEVER, up at our end, the match itself wasn’t the only thing going on, and we were able to contribute some volume. Despite a few of the players putting in what I can only say were sub-standard performances, and on occasions, sub-standard effort, there was no temptation to get involved in shouting abuse. Had I been in my normal seat, I might have been tempted. But not in the end section. I guess it’s a mind-set that I need to get into more often. While we don’t want the players thinking that any standard of effort and/or skill is acceptable (as we’ll be all happy-clappy regardless) positive support from the terracing (I wish !) will still do more good than harm. I think that’s what’s important here.

I asked my son if he’s enjoyed it more or less than his season ticket seat, and he said he’d like to move his seat ! Now maybe some of that was down to getting a late winner, and putting one over the old codgers, but I think it’s more what he got from the day. What I now need to do is scrape up the £50 to head up to Tannadeechee, and add my not inconsiderable volume to the songs. I guess he won’t enjoy it as much if we get pumped, but I know he’ll enjoy it more with the drums and noise, than he would with a grumpy old geezer of a dad

Thought I'd add my tuppence worth....

I have been around the halfway line at the East Stand since well before the seats. Like many, I've noticed the atmosphere steadily getting quieter over the years, and the number of games where it stays lively reduced to an occasional cup-tie, or an old firm game. There is still the occasional song, but most of the noise in recent past has been shouting, and a lot of that has been less than positive. I must confess that some of it has been me, especially when the 'Well are at their most frustrating.

My son asked the other week if we could move from our season ticket seats and sit with the "singing section", as he thought it would be better. I asked if he wanted to go on his own, (he's a small-ish 12) and he said he'd prefer if I went too. So we were in the end section for the Aberdeen game. Him, slightly younger than the majority, and me, bringing the average age up a fair bit :blush:

The game itself was OK in spells, but there were many passages of play which could hardly be described as enthralling. HOWEVER, up at our end, the match itself wasn't the only thing going on, and we were able to contribute some volume. Despite a few of the players putting in what I can only say were sub-standard performances, and on occasions, sub-standard effort, there was no temptation to get involved in shouting abuse. Had I been in my normal seat, I might have been tempted. But not in the end section. I guess it's a mind-set that I need to get into more often. While we don't want the players thinking that any standard of effort and/or skill is acceptable (as we'll be all happy-clappy regardless) positive support from the terracing (I wish !) will still do more good than harm. I think that's what's important here.

I asked my son if he's enjoyed it more or less than his season ticket seat, and he said he'd like to move his seat ! Now maybe some of that was down to getting a late winner, and putting one over the old codgers, but I think it's more what he got from the day. What I now need to do is scrape up the £50 to head up to Tannadeechee, and add my not inconsiderable volume to the songs. I guess he won't enjoy it as much if we get pumped, but I know he'll enjoy it more with the drums and noise, than he would with a grumpy old geezer of a dad

A convert to positive thinking, now if we can just convert the rest what an atmosphere we could have.

Roll on tomorrow and Tannadice :woop:

Looking forward to it Dundee Utd game, I'm heading up on the train.

Can you switch season ticket seats?

I sit in the Davie Cooper, have done for years and I love where I sit.

However, my point is,I think the singing section is great.

I would like to go back to my young days, (middle of the shed and singing like feck all through the game) and join in with the singing section.

In my opinion, that is what football is all about, not the constant moaning and getting on some players' back

I am 50 though and would be slightly drunk and wanting to sing all the old 70's classics as well as the new ones, (I'm sure there are more of us out there).

Why don't the guys of my generation move to the section beside the singing section and take our kids with us, 3 generations of Well fans belting out Well songs for 90

minutes, we would have the best atmosphere in Scotland.

• Like 7

Gordy, that has always been one of our aims! To get the older school shed choir involved and bring back some of the old classic terrace songs so it would be fantastic if you, and many of your generation would get involved.

When you look at other teams both in the UK and Europe its certainly not just young lads, there is a very wide age range and it would be great to replicate this at Fir Park. Not only would it be good in terms of atmosphere but I think it would also result in less hassle from the police and stewards, I may be wrong but I think the authorities think its easier to pick on the younger generations.

• Like 1