The Michael Higdon Thread

DEWELL

Delighted to hear his name getting chanted by most of the stadium last night, and the 'lets all do the higgy' getting an airing as well.

Some of us have knew all along that he provided 'something' to the team, others seemed unwilling from the start to give him a chance.

I think we can all agree now that anyone who still continues to give Higdon grief undoubtedly does so for reasons outwith football (or because they know the square root of fuck all about football).

• Like 2

He's starting to show good form and seeing him interviewed he seem a decent big guy. Im delighted he's bagged a hat trick and hopefully he can get more goals for us.But 'brilliant' all season?? I must be a bawbag then! :rolleyes::whistling:

He's certainly not been deserving of the abuse he'd been getting, that much is true. The guy has scored some valuable goals earlier in the season, and now he's come onto a game on top of that.

In short, he's a key reason why we're sitting where we are.

Eddie, you forgot my personal favourties.

you'll be laughing out the other side of your face when we end up bottom six because we're relying on this lardarse.

he is fat. maybe not for your average punter in the pub but in the context of a professional athlete he is fat.

what the fuck do you know about my football knowledge? you were on here last midweek calling him a brilliant player then come saturday we'd have been better with douglas bader up front. not the standard definition of a great player.

and hopefully you mind a great deal but i won't be shutting up. two years ago i had people telling me i was wrong about gannon, last year it was gow that was the player so good 'you can't see his contribution to the team'. i'm fairly certain i'll make it a hat trick of falling on the right side of the debate here.

sick_1442297a.jpg

• Like 5

if he keeps the good performances coming then i'll admit i was wrong.

however one swallow doesn't make a summer and playing well last night doesn't change his performances earier on in the season. he's benefitting from us being less reliant on using him as an outball and teams playing deeper because of ojamaa's pace.

fair play bumping this thread up just now but i could have bumped it up after his poor performances against morton, st mirren and united recently or after he missed an empty net again on saturday.

let's come back to this when the good performances outweight the stinkers.

Duke looked pants for the fist 4mths when he came and took time to settle in . Hopefully its the same with Higgy and Ojamaa has came in at the right time to let him play to his strengths which seems to be lay offs and getting in about big defenders . He's playing better every game now .Glad i seem to have been proved wrong about him ........Higdon , overhead kiick , hat tick , fans chanting his name .....would you have belived it 8 games ago........ be honest now !

however one swallow doesn't make a summer and playing well last night doesn't change his performances earier on in the season. he's benefitting from us being less reliant on using him as an outball and teams playing deeper because of ojamaa's pace.

fair play bumping this thread up just now but i could have bumped it up after his poor performances against morton, st mirren and united recently or after he missed an empty net again on saturday.

I've thought higdon has been essential to us this season, his link up play fits in well with how we play and his hold up play means we can go down the middle as well as down the wings. You seem to be focusing too much on the goals. I'd say his finishing hasn't been that great at times this season, which has been a bit frustrating, but he's still our top scorer.

You're digging yourself into a deeper hole.

Away and boil your head and stop talking pish.

Fuck sake

• 3 weeks later...

I recall a St Mirren fan commenting when we signed Higdon that we'd see him conceding a lot of fouls and getting virtually none. I see exactly what he meant now.

How many times has Higdon been fouled by opposition defenders and got absolutely f*ck all from the referee? It seems to happen virtually every home game.

Is it simply a case of claret & amber glasses on my part?