The Michael Higdon Thread

DEWELL

If we had an out-and-out goalscorer or a poacher, the nature of the game means that he would be out of it for long periods....he'd get absolutely crucified by the crowd for not working hard enough. If he then did work harder and drop off to win the ball...he then wouldn't be in the right places when it drops for a "poacher", and he'd get crucified by the crowd for not getting into the right places.

Then folk would still be calling for a poacher type player, and if we got one he'd be out of the game for long periods and he'd get crucified by the crowd for not working hard enough, so he'd put in more of a shift and as a result, not be on the 6 yard line when the ball drops and the crowd would be on his back for not being on the end of things.

Then......

Or "Michael Higdon", as it's more commonly called round Fir Park way.

• Like 2

Attended my first game of the season on Saturday as I now live in England. I thought it was crying out for someone to play off Higdon. I think he would be extremely useful for us if we had a 'Dougie Arnott' buzzing around just off him. In other news I thought both teams were decent on Saturday and tried to play football in the right way.

• 2 weeks later...

This thread is just going to go back and forth all season and probably ultimately prove little. I'm not sure what he will need to do to convince those that don't rate him he is a decent player.

He'll have to finish the season as the top scorer in a Motherwell team that clinches a top four finish.

Even that may not be enough for some though.

I missed the game today because of work but I put the radio on when stopped for a tea break just at half time and the first thing I heard was them talking about Higdon giving Majstorovic a hard time and Humphry giving his marker problems and stopping him from going forward - were they right?

Anyway off now to watch the recorded game to make up my own mind.

he done well today must admit that but he IS slow to be our main striker and am afraid to say my old granny can probably hit a harder shot in the box.His passback to the celtic goalie in the first half was bad but mostly frustrating ......we need a striker in the box who can take a chance

Passenger..? Fuck off he was outstanding today. Won everything in the air, link up play was great, worked his arse off and buries his chance.

That performance should shut some of the fucking idiots up.

Yup....I'll be one of them idiots - but outstanding today.

I completely agree, but at that point the proof will be in the pudding, so to speak.

:dash2:

[rant]

Please don't introduce the American style slaughtering of the English language on here!!

The proof is not in the pudding. The proof of the pudding is in the eating.

[/rant]

There are a couple of sports talk guys on my local radio station that say that all the time. Drives me nuts.

I like Higgy, btw :)