The Michael Higdon Thread

DEWELL

Obviously i don't get to see many of the games ( even strugglin to see highlights posted by yabba.......... won't load them all ) but my impression from reading on here throughout the season is that so far .............

The centre of our defence is pish

1 of our central midfielders has been pish

Humphrey ( even I can get that right so why can't the press? ) has been mostly pish

Murphy has been pish

higdon is pish

against the old firm they are all pish ( got to agree with that one )

So apparently 6 of our players are pish but there we are in second place. So either pish is the way to go or maybe our players are not as pish as they are made out to be????

Obviously i don't get to see many of the games ( even strugglin to see highlights posted by yabba.......... won't load them all ) but my impression from reading on here throughout the season is that so far .............

Humphrey ( even I can get that right so why can't the press? ) has been mostly pish

Murphy has been pish

higdon is pish

So apparently 6 of our players are pish but there we are in second place. So either pish is the way to go or maybe our players are not as pish as they are made out to be????

you missed the main one : Some of our so called supporters are PISH

• Like 1

Murphy has been pish

higdon is pish

Quick sell it and make some money tae rebuild the East Stand

...A wee section of the MFC support recommend Pish...Get a load o Pish.....Get yer Pish here...:evilgrin::doh:

2 goals is good for anyone in a match but he was lucky with the first and the second was a penalty. Still like him though, good player.

This IS true but he certainly has one or two 'raspers' in him this season I think. Still to score with a heider as well. Plenty to come. 15+ for the season if he stays injury free.

I don't have much of an opinion on Higdon's ability or lack of, but that was some finish for the second goal. Tight angle from a difficult position in the penalty box. Had it been Jeffers we would have been proclaiming the second coming.

Hopefully my positivity on the guy has now earned me the right to celebrate Motherwell's next victory should we win. Could one of the people who judge these things let me know so that I know where I stand. Cheers.

Aye you'll be OK mate - you had a bit of a wobble and spoke some shite - but that shouldn't stop you coming to the next match.

Aye you'll be OK mate - you had a bit of a wobble and spoke some shite - but that shouldn't stop you coming to the next match.

:thumbup: Cheers!

I am going to show some real ignorance here but who is Steve Diggle? I don't mean who are you but who is Steve Diggle? Was it The Buzzcocks lead singer? I suppose that is what google was invented for. I'm gonna have a look.

:thumbup: Cheers!

I am going to show some real ignorance here but who is Steve Diggle? I don't mean who are you but who is Steve Diggle? Was it The Buzzcocks lead singer? I suppose that is what google was invented for. I'm gonna have a look.

Yeah Buzzcocks. Remember them from when I was a boy. Nothing to do with football but have meant to ask.

Higdon got similar treatment from a section of our support. (Still is getting it on our forum) His "lazy" style makes it look as though he's not interested. It comes down to what you want, a forward who scores goals or a forward who runs about a lot. :whistling:

His 15 goals for us last season, and that's a team who were 2nd bottom, shows he knows where the net is and WILL score goals for you guys.

Unfortunately some people will never accept him, I'd have him back in a second.

Hope your current decent form continues.

At lasf some sense. all be it from a saint but yer right. jamie murphy is fast and bursts his arse. he's been shite for months but no one says anything. he's "one of ours" though. higdon will be great for us this year. and i've no doubt he'll get 20 goals this season.

• Like 1

2 goals is good for anyone in a match but he was lucky with the first and the second was a penalty. Still like him though, good player.

While the keeper was poor, I don't think he was particularly lucky. How many Motherwell players now or in the recent past would be comfortable slotting away a chance like that from a narrow angle with his "wrong" foot.

The vast majority would have wasted time getting the ball back onto their "good" foot, allowing the defense time to get back. Higdon has more than once this season already calmly taken a chance on his weaker side.

(PS. this doesn't apply only to Motherwell players, Fernando Torres cost £50 million and only uses 1 foot.)

While the keeper was poor, I don't think he was particularly lucky. How many Motherwell players now or in the recent past would be comfortable slotting away a chance like that from a narrow angle with his "wrong" foot.

The vast majority would have wasted time getting the ball back onto their "good" foot. Higdon has more than once this season already calmly taken a chance on his weaker side.

(PS. this doesn't apply only to Motherwell players, Fernando Torres cost £50 million and only uses 1 foot.)

I dont even think he should have been on his weaker foot though, a better striker would have collected the ball, turned quickly and slotted it past the keeper on his strong side. Higdon took an absolute eternity after his first touch before he even moved and was forced to shoot on his left side because the defender got back goal side. He was lucky the goalie made a hash of it or he would have (and should have) got dogs abuse from his team mates for wasting such a good chance.

• Like 1

All of it - it's pish.

His teammates were delighted he scored as were most of the fans.

Maybe his teammates wouldn't have been on his case what information do you have to support this theory that they'd have been raging or do you have info that secretly the other 10 players are east stand knuckle draggers as well?

Higdon himself took advantage of a slip up in their defence and converted it (he didn't latch onto a pass from one of his own players and no-one was there in support)He wouldn't have let anyone down.

How do you know his teammates wil have given him pelters?? What planet does this made up pish come from??

This ulta aggressive scrutiny of everything the guy does is perverse.

All this "he might have scored two but one was a penalty and one wasn't world class" nonsense is just fuckin wrong.

I'll say it again - see you c***s - gonny fuck off and 'support' someone else

You're an embarrassment!

• Like 2

The fact there's a 17 page thread about this on October 2nd is a farce, but believable from some of our support.

This time last season (ten league games in), in all competitions Sutton had played 16 games, scoring 3 goals. Higdon has played 11 games, scoring 6 goals. I know which I'd rather have. I don't doubt the effort of either of them, but there were plenty of times in his Motherwell career that Sutton when not scoring was very ineffective and there seemed to be a love in with him. I think it was in this thread also that it was pointed out Higdon had a far better goals to games ratio than Sutton last year, also taking into account he was playing for the team who were second bottom.

• Like 2

I dont even think he should have been on his weaker foot though, a better striker would have collected the ball, turned quickly and slotted it past the keeper on his strong side. Higdon took an absolute eternity after his first touch before he even moved and was forced to shoot on his left side because the defender got back goal side. He was lucky the goalie made a hash of it or he would have (and should have) got dogs abuse from his team mates for wasting such a good chance.

Bop - come on. maybe he should have got it on to his stronger side, and maybe it would have allowed him more of the goal to aim at - but who cares! He scored!

Can you not even say - "what a great first touch he took, the GK has just skelped the ball and he has stopped it dead" - how many other players would not have had the chance, as their control woul;d have let them down

stop scrutising the big man and back him

if he was really really really that good - he wouldn't be at Motherwell

Whats your point? What part of what I said is incorrect?

None of it is incorrect, but your post is pretty much invalid because all of what you said is irrelevant.

The man stuck the ball in the net. That's all that matters. Be it a 30 yard screamer or a deflection that ricocheted off his left arse cheek, they all count.