Motherwell Vs Dundee United Discussion Thread

David

The first of two consecutive away games for us. Following a good win today, despite a less than great performance I think we should be looking for at least a point from this game.

Anyone see any changes to the team? McHugh has to start next weekend. He'll likely replace Murphy, and rightfully so. Jamie has looked out of sorts recently and a wee spell on the bench could do wonders for him, with him coming on for the last 20 minutes or so.

I don't see McCall making any other changes to be honest, apart from maybe swapping Daley for Humphrey? I'd like to see Omar given a full 90 minutes.

Anyway, I'll go with a prediction of 1-1. Higdon getting our goal.

Anyone see any changes to the team?

I think it's pretty obvious now that the only changes are going to come due to injuries.

No home game for a whole month so I might go to one of these away games but I think I'm more inclined to go to the Hibs match although I seem to remember Hibs having obscene admission prices unless I'm getting confused.

The debut of the Silver away kit.

Think McCall will go with the same starting line up as today but I'd pick Bob McHugh ahead of Jamie Murphy.

Would be happy with a point from this. Dundee United aren't the best at the moment so there could be a few goals in it.

2-2 draw (Law and Higdon).

I think it is safe to say Craigan and Clancy will get a real stern test at Tannadice next Saturday. They have a lot of players who are quick and possess trickery. We will have to play incredibly well at the back to even think about coming back down the road with anything. However United are less organised than Aberdeen and St Johnstone and at home they will go for it which might leave us some space. However I'm not sure our forward players are playing well enough to capitalise fully on it. However I have only been to one away game this season and I am looking forward to it. Just hope we can do the business.

This one. We'll not win But can see us retaining Third Spot. Possibly 1-1 or 1-0 to united. The Silver Kit to make its first appearance with Bob McHugh, Higdon and Murphy up front with Humphrey dropping to the bench. We'd need to be right up for it with no (NO) cock ups in defence to take a win out of this game If we do that, we could win it comfortably so, with the optimistic belief that we will put out a performance and do play half decent, Link up football like the first day of the season, I'll go for 2-0 'Well!!! thumbup.gif

(Warning-Written during War of the world so might make no sense)

Am I the only one that has doubts over Daley?

No. I have many. I think the one asset he has that the Hump doesn't is a turn of pace. Humphrey seems to have one speed = friggin quick but the other night Daley seemed to be going like a whippet then upped it again. We've not seen enough of him to make a cast iron judgement yet. However the thing with wingers is that they are inconsistent and that is Humprhey's problem and I'm sure Omar will be the same. However having one of those two in reserve to throw on if we are struggling will be a blessing. However I don't think swapping one for the other will change games as teams can just set up the same. I think the knack will be is if its 0-0 or 1-0 to throw the other one on as well.

Randolph

Hateley Clancy Craigan Hammell

Law Lasley (Page or Forbes) Daley

Higdon McHugh

Two up top away from home against a free-scoring Dundee United? We might see Murphy dropped to the bench right enough but no guarantee that Bob McHugh will take his place. Bring Ross Forbes into a more creative five-man midfield perhaps? Or young Carswell for a more defensive line-up? I can see it being 4-5-1 anyway.

I see goals in this game. People may worry about our defence but they have Gunning and Kenneth as a centre back pairing. Those two are an accident waiting to happen. Then again you could sat the same about the Craigan & Clancy partnership...:evilgrin:

I think playing away from home will suit us. When teams like Saints and Aberdeen come and defend we struggle to break them down. However United will come out and attack and leave much more space for the likes of Humphrey and Murphy to cause damage. They have lost Goodwillie and Conway but they will still pose a threat. Swanson and Russell are both very good players.

-----------------------Randolph----------

Hateley-------Clancy----Craigan----Hammell

Humphrey------Lasley-----Forbes-----Law--

------------Higdon----------Murphy---------

I would only make one change. Would drop Jenno for Forbes as he was poor again yesterday. I wouldn't start McHugh for the reasons I gave in the McHugh thread. I would start Murphy up front WITH Higdon and not having Murphy about 20 yards away from him.

I imagine McCall will go with the same team as usual which is essentially my team but with Jennings in. But please don't play Higdon up top on his own. It won't work. We've looked so much better in recent times when McHugh came on to play alongside Higdon. Play Murphy there up top through the middle and stop having him 30 yards back into his own half!!! If Murphy still fails to perform then hook him and give McHugh another run out.

Think if we play well we can create chances and we were fairly succesful against them last season hopefully it continues. I will go for a 2-2 draw with Higdon at the double.

Starting 11 wil be ..........hmm let me think ...............oh aye

Randolph Hammell Craigan Clancy Law Hateley Humphrey Jennings Lasley Higdon Murphy

We all know where the weaknesses are however we're 3rd in the league by playing more or less that team so it's tough to argue with it.

At least most of the boo boys tend not to go to away games.

Might even go to this one loving the atmosphere at away games it seems more people get involved.

• Like 1

Starting 11 wil be ..........hmm let me think ...............oh aye

Randolph Hammell Craigan Clancy Law Hateley Humphrey Jennings Lasley Higdon Murphy

We all know where the weaknesses are however we're 3rd in the league by playing more or less that team so it's tough to argue with it.

At least most of the boo boys tend not to go to away games.

Might even go to this one loving the atmosphere at away games it seems more people get involved.

Pretty much agree with the Starting 11. McCALL will not change his team unless injuries hit us, like East Stand said the team seems to be working at present so why change it. A few have become frustrated with Higdon, but McCALL has stated he is used for all the set pieces and corners, so i can agree with him on that front. Playing away from home will work in our favour, prob not a better team in the league at quick breaks, just need the final touches to fall our way. Dundee Utd will fancy there chances and will be pushing up at every opportunity, whcih in turn will leave them open at the back.

The team selection for this match is tricky to say the least, Higdon, Murphy, Jennings,Humphrey have all been highlighted as players that we could do without next Sat, and bringing in players like Forbes, McHugh,Page and Daley, not sure that will happen if im honest, the game will be very tight and will open up late on, if we can keep the score down first 70 minutes we will have a chance. Higdon must play, set pieces etc, Murphy although not playing great will start for the just incase factor(meaning in case he returns to form) The choices we have will be Jennings, Humphrey, do we drop Humphrey to play Daley one for one like swap with no suprises from the bench late on.... or do we drop Jennings for McHugh or Forbes to give us some attacking threat? How about playing both Humphrey and Daley out Left and Right respectively, with Lasley and Law through the middle, With Murphy or McHugh sat behind Higdon up front. We are sat 3rd in the league let Dundee Utd be thinking they would be happy with a point not the other way round, i say go with the attacking intent and see what happends. We can do it im sure of it.