Motherwell Vs Dundee United Discussion Thread

David

I think Albi does have a point, that it's not too far a leap (rightly or wrongly) for over zealus security to link 'young guys with flags and drum' with last seasons 'young guys with smoke bombs.'

It would certainly be a reasonably defendable position for the security guard in question to put forward.

Not if the police had already indicated that they approved of their entry. I imagine if they had any misgivings about disturbances or smoke-bombs etc. they would have supported the security guard's position.

Not if the police had already indicated that they approved of their entry. I imagine if they had any misgivings about disturbances or smoke-bombs etc. they would have supported the security guard's position.

Im not saying its right, infact I think its shocking whats happened, Im just saying that if the security guard was present with the smoke bombs last season, then its reasonable to think she might possibly associate the two!

Im not saying its right, infact I think its shocking whats happened, Im just saying that if the security guard was present with the smoke bombs last season, then its reasonable to think she might possibly associate the two!

Even so, surely her decision of not allowing over 50 paying punters into the game because they displayed "attitude" must be called into question.

Also, her actions of barring the lads way to the main office tells me that she wasn't too keen on her paymasters hearing about what was going on.

Dundee United have lost over a grand thanks to this. Over 50 Motherwell fans have been denied watching their team. All over an "ifs, buts, maybes" pile of pish. Can't imagine their Chairman, given their debt, is pleased to lose one entry fee never mind that many.

Even so, surely her decision of not allowing over 50 paying punters into the game because they displayed "attitude" must be called into question.

Also, her actions of barring the lads way to the main office tells me that she wasn't too keen on her paymasters hearing about what was going on.

Totally agree with you. I was just pointing out that Albi's point might not be as unreasonable as posters first believed.

Albi has a point, to a certain extent.

This season though, the young lads are going through all the proper channels to ensure that flags & drums are allowed in whichever ground they visit.

To be turned away by some jobsworth must have been really sickening.

Albi has a point, a shite one but its a point. No proof of weather it is the group(its not) that has let off smoke bombs. If they could prove it is us(its not) I could see there point. Since we're being considered as the guilty party in this(we're not) it seems ridiculous that they can reject us. I personally was dragged down the street by the arm by a police officer after the chief steward accused me of telling her to "piss off" so the woman in question was lying about us, considering us as the people who set off smoke bombs(we're not).

After explaining one banner read "never mind the boo boys lets make some real noise" we were told "Dundee United are not a political club and will not have these messages displayed in their stadium. We offered to return the flags and drums to the bus and just go in, they then said no. The police were concerned at this point that the stewards were causing a scene and making it worse than it was. At this point the 3 of us went to the home end. One steward out side the stand, no police, and we seen one steward inside. The banner was rolled out with no concern from police or stewards. One rule for them one rule for us 'cos we've set off smoke bombs?(we've not)

As someone who deals with complaints every day I think that is a tough letter to answer which from the point of view of the customer is what you are looking for. Though I think someone said before it sounds a bit of a witchhunt against the member of staff - your gripe is with the situation not the person; the person just caused the situation. I think the other tactic is to be a pain in the arse. If you get no reply or a sort of reply that tells you nothing keep at it.

It was Professor Plum in the Main Stand with the Smoke Bomb case closed. :thankyou:

Not sure going to the office would work anyway tbh if it was us at home against the OF do you honestly think a bunch of they manky bastards would get into out office on a matchday to make a complaint?

It was Professor Plum in the Main Stand with the Smoke Bomb case closed. :thankyou:

Not sure going to the office would work anyway tbh if it was us at home against the OF do you honestly think a bunch of they manky bastards would get into out office on a matchday to make a complaint?

Are you saying our away support are manky bastards? :blink:

I think the other tactic is to be a pain in the arse. If you get no reply or a sort of reply that tells you nothing keep at it.

Yes, I'd keep at it if you don't get any early success. Its the kind of situation that will gather more and more support if its handled in the correct way. The first step though is an unpublicised letter to the club. If the organisation I work for received a letter like that all hell would break loose.

In terms of the stewards suggesting or insinuating that the group has "previous" I think the onus would be on them to prove that.

The smoke bomb is irrelevent.

if someone brings it in then the authorities deal with that using the regs that are in place for that.

There shouldn't be ad hoc / knitted rules in place to stop people bringing flags into the ground when they've sought approval and it's been granted.

So the folk were entitled to enter the ground yes?

So the folk had gained prior approval for displays etc. yes?

So they shouldv'e got in - pretty simple

So anybody bringin a smoke bomb will get chucked oot yes? Aye, I think everybody gets that.

you can't make the rules up as you go along and the two things aren't related.

I'm pretty sure the boys would have offered up their displays for inspection after having taken the trouble to gain approval

Are you saying our away support are manky bastards? :blink:

Not at all im saying the OF are manky bastards. Although to be fair i reckon most home supporters consider the away fans to be manky bastards therefore the Utd stewards probably did consider our mob to be manky bastards.

I just think for security reasons as much as anything i don't think any away supporter would be able to gain access to the club's main office.

I just think for security reasons as much as anything i don't think any away supporter would be able to gain access to the club's main office.

You're probably right. However this situation is ludicrous. Clubs are asking fans to hand over £21 or whatever but are not willing to entertain any feedback/complaints. Now I'm not suggesting for one minute that if a supporter turns up without warning at a club's main office they should have the right to meet the Chairman or whoever on request, but clubs should have some mechanism in place to receive complaints in person. Even if the Head Steward was not willing to give a paying customer the opportunity to lodge a complaint in person then the least they should have done was to take the complainants phone number/email address and promise them a representative of United would call them back to discuss their gripe.

What United must realise is that now, the perceptions that quite a few Well fans have of their club is based solely or largely on the behaviour of one steward, albeit a supervisor. In a large organisation, its well recognised the enormous damage that one unsympathetic or rude receptionist or telephone operator can cause.

Still we must be patient and wait to see what reply the lads receive from United.