Motherwell Vs Dundee United Discussion Thread

David

We won and deservedly so. Far the better team, playing and pressing at pace and snuffed out their threat comfortably. The spine of the team was immense. Lasley brilliant again and Jennings back to his best. Controlled the game. Big Higdon won a lot up front and took both goals well and put in a shift. Craigan solid and speical mentions to Hateley and Law as well. However my MOTM was Clancy. Fantastic at the back, won everything and didn't give them a sniff. Well done sir, Hutch will have to fight to get his place back after that performance.

Well done lads, cracking performance and a great 3 points.

:D

sssshhhhhh. There are certain people on this board who think he is the anti-christ.

3 -0, gon the big man. Get it up ye Steelboy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

what a load a pish!

Higdon was poor last wkend and people criticised him. He gets 2 this week and every Well fan will be delighted. That's life. Get over it!

Fantastic result. I would have taken a draw, so to win reasonably comfortably was a big bonus.

6 wins, 1 draw and only 1 defeat outside the old firm is fairly impressive. Even a draw today and a draw v St J would leave us with one less point. I think we underestimated St J and it looks like we are not the only ones. We will not make the same mistake when we go up to Perth.

A wee break now before our last game of the 1st round of fixtures away to Hibees, looking forward to it already.

:cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers:

Terrific day out today. Made the arduous trip from my girlfriend's house two streets away, totally worth it.

Thought we got quite lucky with a few penalty shouts, Hateley looked to handball it in our box in the second half, but Higdon and Lasley were top for us, Hammell as well. Superb first goal, unbelievable mistake from Pernis for the second, good penalty for the third.

Viva Motherwell.

TREMENDOUS victory today. :yahoo: . It's been said im aw sugar or aw shite im SUGAR BIG TIME!!! :thumbup: .I honestly was stunned to see us 3-0 up. Cracking stuff well done everyone especially Michael Higdon who sticks 2 fingers(and goals) to his critics....Ahem that'll be me as well. :blush:

TREMENDOUS victory today. :yahoo: . It's been said im aw sugar or aw shite im SUGAR BIG TIME!!! :thumbup: .I honestly was stunned to see us 3-0 up. Cracking stuff well done everyone especially Michael Higdon who sticks 2 fingers(and goals) to his critics....Ahem that'll be me as well. :blush:

Well learn your lesson and don't be so quick to judge next time, steelboy's a lost cause but you can be saved. :thumbup:

I'm not overly surprised by these stats. I thought we were far the better team, looked a lot more composed on the ball and retained it very well. But with that came a bit of a problem in that our crosses tended to be met by Kenneth and Gunning or the stand. And when we played on the deck the final ball just didn't happen and moves petered out. However when the chances did come along we were incisive which is pleasing. By trying to keep the ball we did play ourselves into bother a few times but we managed to recover well which was also impressive. Craigan now looks a lot more comfortable with Clancy beside him than he did just a couple of weeks ago. He just seems to take a few games to settle to a new partner. But I thought Hateley was absolutely immense against the most talented player in the world and I imagine there'll be enquiries from Spain to see if he has any Spanish blood.

To be honest I've seen us play better but for us to control the game up there and win so comfortably can only make it a great Saturday night. Also I thought the referee had a great game today. He tried really hard to let the game run. There may be some arguments about a couple of handballs from our defenders but I thought both were close enough to the ball being played that it would have been harsh to penalise. He also got our penalty spot on.

Terrific day out today. Made the arduous trip from my girlfriend's house two streets away, totally worth it.

Thought we got quite lucky with a few penalty shouts, Hateley looked to handball it in our box in the second half, but Higdon and Lasley were top for us, Hammell as well. Superb first goal, unbelievable mistake from Pernis for the second, good penalty for the third.

Viva Motherwell.

A great away and thoroughly merited win. We played some good football and took our chances. The ref was poor though and although United had a strong shout for a penalty so did we when Gunning used two hands to clearly push Higdon in the back at a corner. United can have no complaints despite their fans constant moaning.

Thought we won today without having played particularly well as United were just terrible. Think us v St Johnstone.

Particular praise has to go to the back four as they were rock solid and never looked under any pressure at all.

Big Higgy was by no means outstanding but did what counts. Delighted for the big man. :thumbup: