Jenno Betting Irregularities

Kris-A-Goalda

i was back for the hearts game last year and at the time i thought that must be the harshes sending off ever[it was so cold that night]

just hope its all cleared one way or another very quick

motherwell are getting like dundee,everything is rolling on fine then its kick in the baws time

hope jenno never had a bet on the final as his closing down and turning his back on ki for the first goal was criminal :angry:

We're denied a player cos the SFA INSIST we ban him till this is resolved. <_>

I would be interested to see a link to this. It’s possible that Motherwell may choose to not play Jennings until this has all been resolved, as off and on the field problems can sometimes effect a players performance, although it doesn’t appear to have effected Gary O’Connor!

Just found a link to the SFA story. Although there is no direct quotes from the SFA in the article.

SFA TELL MOTHERWELL NOT TO PLAY JENNINGS

276064_1.jpg

Motherwell will be blocked from fielding Stevie Jennings

Friday October 7,2011

By Scott Burns

MOTHERWELL will be blocked from fielding Stevie Jennings until the police and Gambling Commission complete their investigations into his Fir Park red card.

The midfielder was arrested yesterday as police and betting chiefs continue their enquiries into the illegal betting frenzy that saw punters cash-in after he was sent off against Hearts in an SPL fixture back in December last year. The betting commission asked Motherwell not to play the 26 year old until they had closed the case but the club refused claiming there had been no evidence to suggest that the former Tranmere player was involved in any way.

Now however the Scottish Football Association have stepped in to insist that Jennings isn't involved in matches for the club until the matter is cleared up. The move could be a major blow to manager Stuart McCall if the issue is not resolved swiftly as Jennings has been a big player in helping Motherwell rise to second place in the SPL

Fine if that is what the SFA want then so be it, then again this is one story from one less than reliable paper, so until I see it elsewhere or more importantly MFC makes it known.

However if we are denied the services of a player who is subsequently not charged, then I would expect the club to take action against the SFA for possible loss of earnings from games we may lose or draw, where we may not have done had Jennings been playing. That said he has not played that great this year apart from a couple of games :ph34r:

Just found a link to the SFA story. Although there is no direct quotes from the SFA in the article.

SFA TELL MOTHERWELL NOT TO PLAY JENNINGS

276064_1.jpg

Motherwell will be blocked from fielding Stevie Jennings

Friday October 7,2011

By Scott Burns

MOTHERWELL will be blocked from fielding Stevie Jennings until the police and Gambling Commission complete their investigations into his Fir Park red card.

The midfielder was arrested yesterday as police and betting chiefs continue their enquiries into the illegal betting frenzy that saw punters cash-in after he was sent off against Hearts in an SPL fixture back in December last year. The betting commission asked Motherwell not to play the 26 year old until they had closed the case but the club refused claiming there had been no evidence to suggest that the former Tranmere player was involved in any way. Now however the Scottish Football Association have stepped in to insist that Jennings isn't involved in matches for the club until the matter is cleared up. The move could be a major blow to manager Stuart McCall if the issue is not resolved swiftly as Jennings has been a big player in helping Motherwell rise to second place in the SPL

And if you look a few pages back, you'll see Stewart Regan has tweeted the SFA haven't banned him. That was in response to our Mr Elder.

And if you look a few pages back, you'll see Stewart Regan has tweeted the SFA haven't banned him. That was in response to our Mr Elder.

Cheers Well Made, due to there being no direct quotes from the SFA in the article it certainly looked very suspect. It’s about time that these online rags where forced to remove these made up stories.dry.gif

The betting commission asked Motherwell not to play the 26 year old until they had closed the case but the club refused claiming there had been no evidence to suggest that the former Tranmere player was involved in any way.

I know this is not your direct quote Jim but its extremely interesting and something no-one has picked up on. Now, we were told months ago that the SFA requested MFC not to play Steve Jennings. This is the first time I've seen that the Betting Commission asked us not to select him. Is it an error on behalf of the Express ie it was the SFA or was the original story wrong ie it was indeed the Betting Commission?

Can anyone clarify this?

it's also worth remembering that he passed the ball out the park for a shy in the first minute of each half in the cup final. let's hope it was nerves rather than anything dodgy le tissier style.

Watched this back on the sky+ earlier on and it certainly looks suspcious. The first one was excusable but the one in the second half was shocking and it makes you wonder if he was at it on the most important game of his career so far. I thought there was a fair chance he was guilty when they announced his arrest but this has further enhanced my opinion and feel it would be best not to play him again until he's proven guilty or innocent.

has anyone thought about Jenno being set up because he didn't throw a game?

Also a thought... Jenno is being tried for a crime that was committed in England by other people.... If he is guilty of purposely, he committed the crime in Scotland. so he cant be convicted in England can he ?

Watched this back on the sky+ earlier on and it certainly looks suspcious. The first one was excusable but the one in the second half was shocking and it makes you wonder if he was at it on the most important game of his career so far. I thought there was a fair chance he was guilty when they announced his arrest but this has further enhanced my opinion and feel it would be best not to play him again until he's proven guilty or innocent.

:laugh:

:laugh: I suppose all his mates that were up for the final had a wee flutter on that. The buggers didnae even mention it in the pub before the game, must have been keeping the odds to themselves.