Motherwell Vs Hibernian Discussion Thread

David

Brilliant. Our record outwith the big 2 is phenomenal. I was asked before the 2 Hibs games if you could win one only what would it be and I chose this game so I'm very happy. I'm still shocked at our start to the season. Much credit to the whole squad, staff right doon to the bloody tea lady thumbup.gif .

Bring on next week and another 3 points!!! yahoo.gif

just a shame 7 or 8 thousand Well fans aren't motivated to get along to Fir Park on a regular basis and show their appreciation to the team.

Just a shame 7 or 8 thousand Well fans are priced out of going to Fir Park on a regular basis to show their appreciation to the team...

• Like 3

Is the reason for poor crowds the cost of the game?

Couldn't make it today, but price was a factor, yes, had it been cheaper, I'd have maybe managed along, at £22, it was an easy decision!

Anyway! Great 1st round of games, another good result, and an excellent 1st half performance by the sound of it, against an improving Hibs side!

Just back in from the game...

Good performance, absolutely dominated in the first half without really making it count. They came into it more in the 2nd but never really looked like doing anything. Stroll in the park really to be honest.

Jennings was everywhere in the first half, really put his last couple of weeks behind him and Higdon was unlucky not to have a hat trick. It said it all that Hibs gave their MoM to their goalie, the only player anyone could pick out as having made a positive contribution for them.

What a mess at the turnstiles on the way in though. Game advertised as pay at the gate but when we get there, there's a huge queue at the ticket office as everyone has to first buy a ticket from a solitary window and then go through the turnstile. What? Steward on the way in said they'd been advised at the briefing they were only expecting 50-odd Well fans.

To their credit, once Hibs found out what was going on, they opened a turnstile as well and they did let the drum in, which is something. Bit of a farce though.

Still, good 3 points, consolidated 2nd place and a rare headed goal from Murphy!