Motherwell Vs Hibernian Discussion Thread

David

I know we have the big game against Spain to look forward to this week, but I'm already looking to the weekend and hoping we can continue where we left off against United.

Providing Jennings isn't being distracted by events off the pitch, I think we'll go with the same line-up again. I don't think there was any injuries picked up, was there?

I can only see a defeat here. Would've been a bit more confident if O'Conner had been suspended. 2-0 to the bad guys. <_ . but hey i thought dundee utd would beat us too and look what happened. src="%7B___base_url___%7D/uploads/emoticons/default_thumbup.gif" alt=":thumbup:">

Going to this one so we better win! I think we will. No doubt O'Connor will try his luck with another 10.0 point dive but could see him caught out and hopefully punished by the ref! Same Squad as Last saturday and I'll go for a 4 goal rout. Higdon, Murphy, Lasley and Jenno to get the goals.

Feel we can win this if we play like we did at Tannadice. I still think playing away from home suits us. Hibs defence is rank so there's goals in it for us. Keeping out O'Connor will be the key, hopefully if we get in their faces and cut off the supply to him we can stop him scoring.

With regards to Jennings, if he's in the right frame of mind then it's a no brainer. We're a far better team with him in it and what at difference it made against United when he was back on form and he and Lasley bossed the midfield. They will need to do so again if we hope to win.

Fancy us to be fired up for this...

Motherwell win.:cheers:

I can think of two. 2-0 when Gannon refused to talk to the press after the match and 2-1 when Saunders had a perfectly goid goal chalked off.

Aye, according to Soccerbase head-to-head stats, in the last 3 seasons' SPL games at Easter Road we have played 4, won one, drawn one and lost two.

The win would have been 1-0 Sutton eh?

Real blow that O'Connor is going to be playing, I struggle to see how we can handle him. If the Jennings lalsey partnership is on song we should be in with a chance. Hibs seems to have improved a wee bit at the back since putting Murray into centre half and Towell playing in midfield. Their two full backs should be there for the taking though.

The win would have been 1-0 Sutton eh?

That's the one.

Real blow that O'Connor is going to be playing, I struggle to see how we can handle him. If the Jennings lalsey partnership is on song we should be in with a chance. Hibs seems to have improved a wee bit at the back since putting Murray into centre half and Towell playing in midfield. Their two full backs should be there for the taking though.

Hibs recent teams always seem to have attacking players that cause us problems. Riordan and Stokes gave me the fear every time they got the ball, and O'Connor is another one in that mould. For all his ass-hattery off the field, he is a quality striker.

Having said that, we should be capable of scoring a couple as well, so I'm going for a 2 - 2 in this one.

Looking forward to this and think we can win as Hibs defence is rank rotten. Going through by train but the 10.04 which we normally get doen't exist anymore so thought I better highlight this as it's usually packed with Well fans. This is according to a mate who works in Edinburgh. Know it's the wrong thread but didn't see anything in the travel forum.

Always a difficult game through at Easter Road so any points we get are priceless. We could beef up the defence if Hutch is ready, and depends how Jennings reacts to to the off field events. Personally I would take a draw right now, with no further injuries. Hope we take a decent crowd through, and they all get in!

Going to this one so we better win! I think we will. No doubt O'Connor will try his luck with another 10.0 point dive but could see him caught out and hopefully punished by the ref! Same Squad as Last saturday and I'll go for a 4 goal rout. Higdon, Murphy, Lasley and Jenno to get the goals.

What he said - i like his thinking thumbup.gif

Very interesting match this one, no reason why we cant come out on top, tight game but Motherwell steeling the points, 1-3 Goal scorers Higdon, Jennings, Humphrey, we should be full of confidence after a pretty easy win away at Dundee Utd, role on Saturday!

• Like 2

We've had some cracking games against Hibs over the years as both teams tend to have a go and often have better forward lines than defences. O'Connor and Sproule give me the heeby jeebies but Murray's not going to fancy being continually skinned by Humphrey again. Another 2 - 2 draw for me.

Unfortunately I can't make it. I don't make many away games these days but that 10.14 train for Hibs was always a grand day out.