Motherwell Vs Hibernian Discussion Thread

David

a tremendous result, sounds like the fans were put through the emotional wringer with so many chances missed and the threat of an equaliser ever present, but well done all concerned at MFC

MFCTV will hopefully have plenty footage to select some highlights from!

Of course, maybe if the folk who could afford Sky Sports spent the monthly sub on going to Fir Park instead... :whistling:

skysports only costs me £12 per month, I wish that was enough to change the amount of times I see MFC, like may others I spend what I think is a decent amount on MFC in fact its probably a little more than whats reasonable.

stop blowing smoke on the argument, gate prices are too expensive and alternatives are much better value

It's the price at the turnstyles and the cost of petrol that have put my attendances at away games at a minimum from season 09/10 onwards unfortunately . I've only been to a handful per season from that one to date after only missing the trips to Pittodrie, Inverness, Ibrox and Parkhead for about 15 years before that. £50-ish a go is too much money for me to justify most of the time at the moment. The teams form has very little if anything to do with my decision to go to away games.

With regards to the "stay away" home fans, if they ain't gonna come and watch "their" team when we're second/third in the league (and have been since the first ball is kicked this season!), then they never will unfortunately. It's a sad state of affairs actually. Their were a big group of guys that sat near me in the East Stand for years but I haven't seen them since McGhee was in charge. They were in Nancy though and the cup final and would probably batter me if I dared suggest they were poor fans!

Anyway, we're doing great. Can't stop looking at the league table!!

skysports only costs me £12 per month, I wish that was enough to change the amount of times I see MFC, like may others I spend what I think is a decent amount on MFC in fact its probably a little more than whats reasonable.

stop blowing smoke on the argument, gate prices are too expensive and alternatives are much better value

I know, calm down, I was only stirring :) (Although I don't think Sky Sports is worth paying even £12 a month for, myself... plenty of other things I'd rather spend £150 a year on.)

It's the price at the turnstyles and the cost of petrol that have put my attendances at away games at a minimum from season 09/10 onwards unfortunately . I've only been to a handful per season from that one to date after only missing the trips to Pittodrie, Inverness, Ibrox and Parkhead for about 15 years before that. £50-ish a go is too much money for me to justify most of the time at the moment. The teams form has very little if anything to do with my decision to go to away games.

With regards to the "stay away" home fans, if they ain't gonna come and watch "their" team when we're second/third in the league (and have been since the first ball is kicked this season!), then they never will unfortunately. It's a sad state of affairs actually. Their were a big group of guys that sat near me in the East Stand for years but I haven't seen them since McGhee was in charge. They were in Nancy though and the cup final and would probably batter me if I dared suggest they were poor fans!

Anyway, we're doing great. Can't stop looking at the league table!!

Everyone has diffrent reasons for not making games, I for one, would be happy to pay every weeks, unfortunately, weekends are the only time i get to see the wee yin, so that has to come first, until she'sold enough to come along! thumbup.gif

Fantastic result and performance today, especially in the first half where it felt like we had the ball the whole time. Second half Hibs came into it more but we were great on the counter (apart from the finishing). We really should have scored more but we got the 3 points in the end so who gives a fuck. Oh and I thought I'd chance my luck for an under 18 ticket and it worked :yahoo:

MON RA DOSSERS

BBC website says we had 63% possesion this afternoon. I can believe as there were spells, especially in the 1st half, where Hibs didn't have a sniff of the ball.

Good day out through to the capital as well. I hadn't been to Easter Road for a couple of seasons but it was a good return.

Mind you trips to Hibs aren't as exciting as they used to be :evilgrin:

great result.

if las had scored his header we would have romped it no bother. it ended up quite nervy as we fucked up 5 or 6 great chances in the 2nd but it was a well deserved 3 points. good shifts from everyone and clancy especially looks a lot more comfortable playing centreback now.

hibs are brutal. what a decline they've had, in the past they always had a dangerman - stokes, riordan, miller, zemmana recently and other going back further - but now they're awful. their entire support didn't look up for it, the players didn't look up for and calderwood is surely only passing time until he gets his pay off. it's shocking how far a club that have took in a fortune in transfer fees and have a decent level of support have have fallen.

From the Hibs message board, Hibs fan 1: How did they manage to get a team like that with no money?

Hibs fan 2: Not convinced it's all about cash - their players are more committed, they work for each other as a team, they seem to know what they are suppose to be doing, their work rate is pretty high, their passing is great - they are comfortable on the ball.

I didn't think I'd ever witness a hibs fan with a brain. whistling.gif

• Like 2

£3.75 for a half return from motherwell to edinburgh and then £12 to get in? <_ but anyway that performance was well worth it played some amazing football today and there were songs too src="%7B___base_url___%7D/uploads/emoticons/default_whistling.gif" alt=":whistling:"> :whistling:

From the Hibs message board, Hibs fan 1: How did they manage to get a team like that with no money?

Hibs fan 2: Not convinced it's all about cash - their players are more committed, they work for each other as a team, they seem to know what they are suppose to be doing, their work rate is pretty high, their passing is great - they are comfortable on the ball.

I didn't think I'd ever witness a hibs fan with a brain. whistling.gif

I Feel so proud reading that ! ! !thumbup.gif

A great result for us and it kepes the momentum going. Well done to stuart mcCall and the trops.

Yes well done TROPS :laugh: you musy be catching my typing bug. Personally I don't think they make keyboards liek they used to !

Glad to see Murphy get score.

damn! that wil teach me to try and poke fun at anyone. got mixed up between get a goal and score hence "get score"

going back to my corner

• Like 1

As convincing a 1-0 win as you'll ever see. In truth we should've had 3 or 4 today, how Higgy failed to score is beyond me. Great performance from the lads today, not a failure in the side.

Everyone has diffrent reasons for not making games, I for one, would be happy to pay every weeks, unfortunately, weekends are the only time i get to see the wee yin, so that has to come first, until she'sold enough to come along! thumbup.gif

Mine were 6 months old before they became regulars so you've not long to go eh? :whistling: