Motherwell Vs Hibernian Discussion Thread

David

Excellent performance yesterday and a well deserved 3 points. We cruised through the first half without having to break sweat and if we were more clinical in the second half we would of won by 3 or 4. Law was outstanding again, thought Higdon had a good game and if it wasn't for Stack he would of been on the scoresheet. Defensively we were solid with the Craigan and Clancy partnership working well.

Daley looked good when he came on and should replace Humphrey in the starting line up next week as he was a passenger again.

Another great away day. :drinks:

Mccall really has the team playing with confidence. Every player seems to know exactly what is expected of him and to a man they delivered yesterday. Completely dominated the first half and almost played the perfect counterattacking game in the second. All that was missing was another goal or two but on another day it could have been 3 or 4 nil easily.

Bring on Killie at Fir Park!

Another great performance away from home, just lack that killer touch upfront, could of been @ least 3 more goals to the good, the whole team is working hard and the formula seems to be working. Well Done the lads, same team next week onward and upwards!

Yep, another great performance.

Good to see Higdon linking up so well with the midfield. As a few have said, another day and he would have been on the scoresheet. Granted a bit more pace would make things so much easier for him but the fact is he's getting into decent positions and his team mates are finding him. He'll score plenty this season.

Only good things to say about us yesterday. Hibs were a much better team than Dundee Utd were a fortnight ago and this is a more impressive three points for us. We created enough chances to win the game four or five times over however there was always this lingering doubt that they could nick one, as with someone like O'Connor in their team it is always possible. Defensively cool, calm and collected and the once they got into a real good position Clancy made an oustanding tackle. On another day we could have been made to pay for our poor finishing but we got away with it. If we perform like this every week though we are going to have an excellent season. Well done Motherwell.

Up at ma cousin's in Arrochar for the weekend & listened to the game on the radio. right on the bevvy to celebrate after the game. absolutely delighted with the result & the performance after watching the highlights on the net. just one thing tho, whit aboot that shy fae Hateley in the lead up to the goal?

we used to get fined 20p for a foul shy like that when playing with Carluke Thistle in the 80's!!

who give's a f*ck tho?

Happy days.

Not that I am saying we should give up on getting points from the old firm, as points from anyone are always good but again, our league position does kind of vindicate McCall's statement about where you finish in the league really being aobut how you do against all of the other teams outwith the oldfirm. Hearts, St Johnstone, St Mirren, Kilmarnock all taken points from the old firm but still below us.

absolutely delighted with the result & the performance after watching the highlights on the net. just one thing tho, whit aboot that shy fae Hateley in the lead up to the goal?

You normally see about 3/4 foul shies per game and its rare that the ref will pull a player up for one. At Tannadice the week before I counted 4 and 3 from the same United player with no action being taken. Fans, players nor officials seem to bother though.

As for a hard luck story for Hibs - yes the SoS did mention it but thats not surprising. We're due a fair bit of luck against Hibs ( remember daylight robbery from the officials at Fir Park early last season or Bob McHugh's disallowed goal a few weeks ago in the CIS Cup?) No feelings of guilt at stealing the 3 points from me.

As for a hard luck story for Hibs - yes the SoS did mention it but thats not surprising. We're due a fair bit of luck against Hibs ( remember daylight robbery from the officials at Fir Park early last season or Bob McHugh's disallowed goal a few weeks ago in the CIS Cup?) No feelings of guilt at stealing the 3 points from me.

From what I heard from those at the game there's no danger of us stealing three points. Hibs were lucky to only lose 1-0 by the sounds of it.

• Like 1

From what I heard from those at the game there's no danger of us stealing three points. Hibs were lucky to only lose 1-0 by the sounds of it.

Agreed. However it was just to illustrate the point that in some quarters (the SoS and Colin Calderwood) seemed to be a little miffed that the goal stood. They've nothing to gripe about in my book.

• Like 1

Agreed. However it was just to illustrate the point that in some quarters (the SoS and Colin Calderwood) seemed to be a little miffed that the goal stood. They've nothing to gripe about in my book.

The Scotland on Sunday only ever takes note of football long enough to big up the Edinburgh clubs before it heads back to egg chasing. Their match reports involving the Edinburgh clubs are ridiculously one sided.

To be fair, it was a foul throw but how often do you see them given? That may have disallowed that goal, but the way we were playing we'd have made the breakthrough at another time. Hibs were lucky to get away with only one conceded, and they have Graham Stack to thank for that.

Foul shies are one of these things that folk scream for all the time, that and the ball being a half inch outside the line at a corner as well. I realise that rules is rules, but unless the boy is actively lobbing the ball in with a one handed underarm throw, I can never understand the rage it induces.

Didn't make it yesterday as I was working at McDiarmid, but the highlights and stats make us sound terrific. What a season its turning out to be.

Foul shies are one of these things that folk scream for all the time, that and the ball being a half inch outside the line at a corner as well. I realise that rules is rules, but unless the boy is actively lobbing the ball in with a one handed underarm throw, I can never understand the rage it induces.

Well it's an easy way to regain possession for your team for one thing. :rolleyes:

Its a bit like stealing yards/metres at a free kick or the tackle from behind which has regained popularity recently, or perhaps even jersey pulling . Either they are an offence or they aren't. Laws except dissent, are laws, in my book. If refs and fans don't want to enforce them then change them (the laws not the refs that is).

Since I've started going to the football I can only ever remember seeing two foul shies given. I reckon if you looked closely you could pick faults in most shies. I don't think it's disadvantaged Hibs, throughout the course of the season I'm sure they'll be on both ends of a foul shy!

Since I've started going to the football I can only ever remember seeing two foul shies given. I reckon if you looked closely you could pick faults in most shies. I don't think it's disadvantaged Hibs, throughout the course of the season I'm sure they'll be on both ends of a foul shy!

kirk broadfoot was pulled up for 4 or 5 in the one game on rangers' run to manchester.

kirk broadfoot was pulled up for 4 or 5 in the one game on rangers' run to manchester.

Kirk Broadfoot shouldn't be allowed anywhere near a football pitch, that's why the ref was blowing the whistle, Kirk just didn't get the message. Can always remember the whole of the East Stand taking the absolute piss out of him the game after the final. Everytime he got the ball, all you could hear was "Broadfoot...Broadfaoot...Broadfoot". I think Barry Ferguson had to hold him back at half time