Motherwell Vs Kilmarnock Discussion Thread

David

Ah Humphrey getting the abuse as per. Can't be long till it's Higdon's fault either. Tell me what did boy wonder Murphy do today....? Fuck all again.

McCall, why bring on McHugh and play him right wing? Pointless. Lasley Motm for the sponsors?? My arse, Jennings was head and shoulders above him for me and anything else in Claret and Amber.

Another clean sheet but another poor home performance. Still an excellent start to the season so let's look forward to the ICT game.

Not much different from the Aberdeen. The only difference being that the substitutes didn't really make the game changing difference.

First half we played some decent football but we were poor in the final third and didn't really create enough clear cut chances.

Second half we started OK but then it seemed to sink about the hour mark that we weren't really making any impact and performances dipped all over the park, our organization disintegrated a little bit and from then on I thought Kilmarnock were more likely to score than we were but defences at both ends were on top.

For a lot of the second half I'd have been happy with a point and that's what we got but we'll need to improve a lot for the next home match.

Two well matched sides in a game where both sides could have nicked it to be honest. The Killie keeper pulled off some great saves, with the double stop in the second half being the best in my opinion. At least it’s another game without a defeat, although we really need to bring our away form to Fir Park to have any chance of third spot this season. Even this early it’s another step closer to securing a top 6 spot. Onwards and upwards!

Thought we played ok in the first half but were nowhere near our best. In saying that we put the ball into the box from wide areas more than enough times to a least expect one of our players to have gotten on the end of one.

Second half bar that one move we were pretty poor.

With regards to Killie although they had plenty of possession it was in their own half more often than not. When they did threaten bar the shot off the post in the first half Randolf dealt with everything pretty easily.

Draw was a fair result.

A lot of people seem to like having a go at Higdon and Humphrey but today I thought they were absolutely brilliant ,Higdon with his wee flicks and knock ons and Humphrey with his blistering pace and pin point crossing were worth the admission price alone. I was fizzin when they took Chris off and brought on Omar ,fizzin a tell thee fizzin. :angry:

I'm kinda glass half full about today's performance and result. Killie are a useful side and played fairly well today, so a point is far from disasterous. It was probably the right result, although their keeper had much more to do than Randy. I do think we need to work on our set piece delivery though, we had numerous chances but didn't put many good balls in the box today.

Defended very well throughout, clean sheets will ensure we keep this good run going.

A lot of people seem to like having a go at Higdon and Humphrey but today I thought they were absolutely brilliant ,Higdon with his wee flicks and knock ons and Humphrey with his blistering pace and pin point crossing were worth the admission price alone. I was fizzin when the took Chris off and brought on Omar ,fizzin a tell thee fizzin. :angry:

wee really need more smilies for you Jim, that will be lost on some

edit: and Yirelder there were 5 or 6 cracking deliveries today, and many other good yins into an empty 6 yard box, still seems some players not tuned into each other though and yet we're still second for another week :)

A lot of people seem to like having a go at Higdon and Humphrey

Wasn't Humphrey's first touch of the ball an attempted passback to Randy which went out for a corner and where was Higdon for the first 20 minutes where the Killie penalty area was being peppered with cross balls.

We should have had that game wrapped up in the first half.

We're still second in the league though :yahoo:

It's not rocket science, Higdon up front on his own, drops deep to win a flick on or to lnk up play and when the ball comes into the box he can't make up the ground. Needs some support, crazy idea maybe play Murphy up front with him. Let's face it he's doing fuck all wherever he's meant to be playing at Fir Park, move him forward and give Higdon support. I was happy when McHugh came on as I thought we were going to get some support to Higdon, however McCall decided to play him on the right wing...??:blink:

EDIT- Oh and what the fuck was wrong with Hateley's corners, woeful. Surely after he failed with the first ten or so we should have let Hammell have a go. Shame as Hately had a great game today as per however his corners were frustrating as fuck.

Similar to the result down at Rugby Park, I don't think either side deserved to win/lose today.

Kilmarnock defending exceptionally well from every set piece but were pretty hopeless going forward. We defending quite poorly I thought but done enough - with Clancy doing well to clear anything that he could. We were a bit powderpuff going forward - Higdon should have been in the 6 yard box to stick the ball in the net a couple of times imo but that's not a slate on the guy - I don't think he had that bad a game.

Hopefully we will see some goals in the last remaining one or two fixtures between the two sides as we seem to cancel each other out. To those who think Scottish football is 'dying' I think there was two sides on the park today who were going in the right direction - the ball mostly on the deck, making the sort of moves that could win games but unfortunately with a missing killer instinct. Again, I thought this was the case at Rugby Park a couple of months ago.

At the end of the day it's another clean sheet, we've come away from a tricky tie with a fair point and we can look on to next week whilst remaining 2nd in the table. drinks.gif

For a team thats suposed to have a shit defence, killie played well. We never really pressured them and when they broke they looked dangerous. Was looking for 3 points before the game but was happy we got 1 point in the end.

As for the players, Randolf made one great save in the 1st half, the defence was mostly solid but midfield went missing at times and the forwards only appeared a couple of times.

Thought big Hig was a stick on to bury that rebound but the keeper did great to get back up after his 1st save.

Kilmarnock are a good side going forward and that was a good game today, about as enjoyable as 0-0 draws go. Couldn't for the life of me understand why the Higdon boo brigade were at it again. One particular incident saw the ball bounce abouth 20 feet in front of Higdon with the keeper covering and some idiot nearby was pratically frothing at the mouth with abuse for our man. Unbelieveable.

another poor showing at home which is a concern its time mccall changed the formation the way were playing at home the now clearly isnt working

Wasn't that bad. Killie are a decent team. Lots of chances from two teams who were just unlucky in front of goal.

Nothing to worry about.

Decent enough game. I personally think both teams are over-hyped but both clubs have a committed bunch of players trying to play decent stuff.

Plenty dangerous crosses into the box in the first half but nobody attacking them. I like big Higdon but he doesn't possess the natural instincts of a goalscoring centre forward.

Second half started promising but I thought we lost our shape soon after the double save from the Killie keeper. Double substitution didn't help, either Murphy or Humphrey should have stayed on with a view to playing McHugh right through the middle.

All in all, McCall and the players continue to do a good job.

I take it Postie Jim is avin a laugh with that post :laugh: . As for the game it's not rocket science Higdon and Humphries as usual were shite and so was Murphy. Thats our front 3 all crap so we dont score. The worry is do they nick it 1-0. Thankfully they didn't. Hopefully McHugh and Daley now get a chance instead of any of the 'pish three'. Anyway we didn't lose although it was painfull viewing especially the 2nd half where we seemed to be content with a draw. Have to say all things considered iam. :mellow:

"We took the football out of their team," said the Kilmarnock manager.

"We forced them to play early to the front because they couldn't get the solutions to play through us.

"I felt confident then because they were going early to Higdon and over the top of our left back and over the top of our right back and that was meat and drink for us.

"And we started to attack from there and build it through and we certainly had control of the style of play and it's just unfortunate that our domination didn't turn into goals."

Is anyone else sick and tired of Sheils talk up this total football nonsense. For me its starting to reek of desperation of a man who's clearly got a good set of players, but ain't getting the results.

Killie are clearly a decent side, but the table doesn't lie. They currently sit 8th, equal on points with the Dons and Hibs, both of which are having distantly average seasons with distantly average players. I don't think too many would argue that Killie look a lot better than the 2 mentioned. Not to mention 11 points behind us in the league. But when I read nonsense like whats quoted above it makes me laugh. Both Killie and St Mirren will preach all day long about playing silky, beautiful football. Quite literally changing a nations ideas about football.

Lets be clear here, we were certainly not at our best today and the guys up front had a bit of a tough afternoon, with not much coming off. But to say that killie dominated and were unfortunate not to win is stretching it just a bit. Yes both teams had chances and a draw was more than a fair result for both teams.

I'm just glad that the McCall and the boys in our team let the football do the talking for them and conduct themselves in a fair, thoughtful and more often than not in a balanced perspective.