Motherwell Vs Inverness Discussion Thread

David

Thought we were a bit lucky today. Inverness were the better team for long spells in the game. Also we seemed to get a bit rattled after Hammell's injury which I hope isn't as bad as it looked. But we dug deep and got back into it though their defence will be kicking themselves. In the second half it only looked a matter of time before they scored. And they duly did. But we again fought back. Nobody closed lasley down and we were level. Again they blew it with a moronic foul that led to the red. And we jammied the free kick. Though the trick is to win when you don't play your best and that's what we did today.

Not long in from Inverness. We were not at our best at all today but some how managed to grind out a win. Hard to pick anyone of our players that managed to stand out today. The challenge on Hammell was a shocker and the Inverness boy lucky to have got away with a yellow. Nice finish from Hutch from what I seen (Away up the other end of the park) Cracking goal from Las, when he turned and ran towards goal I was expecting him to try a through ball pass or something, not a 25 yard rocket that flew into the net, goalie = no chance. Hateleys free kick rounded the day off, did take a deflection but again Esson in goals well beaten. Overall best away day in a long time and now looking forward to Celtic at Fir Park next weekend!!

Mon The 'Well

He's still my friend, he hates Celtic

Good to see us score from a corner today. Have been missing Hutchy for set pieces. Last week we had 12 corners - would have been well giving Kilmarnock 12 Goal kicks. This week only 4 corners and big hutchy scores. Bring on the Celtic.:yahoo:

Never write off the Well!! It was far from a vintage performance, in truth we were poor at times and ICT can consider themselves very unlucky to lose a game in which they were best for long spells. Still it has to be considered a great result and a hugely important 3 points.

Bring on the wee team in 3rd next week!!!

Hutch played centre half. Clancy did right back till hammell crocked with hateley in middle. When forbes came on he moved into middle, hateley to right and clancy to left back.

Forbes was non showy and did nothing wrong. Picked up a textbook booking and committed another couple of fouls and I guess that's why he was hooked.

I thought Forbes did well, a few nice turns and don't think he lost the ball once. It did seem to pass him by a bit though, and when he came off McCall was having a word with him, hopefully he was giving him a well done.

Forbes showed early last season what he's capable of, I really hope he can regain that form and kick on his career and not turn out to be another Shaun Fagan.

I have a lot of time for Tel and his comments, but I'm still not sure how the ref "cost them the game". He only disputes the red card, not the foul itself. Even if the ref hadn't even booked the guy, we still scored from the free kick.

Or does he think with 11 men on the field, they were going to score an equalizer in the last 5 minutes?

• Like 1

Can't hear this, just keeps trying to load! Same with commnetary on game yesterday, but could get 'open all mics'.

Any ideas??:wallbash:

What browser are you using? I haven't had time to trouble shoot, but on my desktop, Firefox won't load some of the Motherwell TV files. However, switching to Internet Explorer solves the problem. Same version of Firefox on my laptop has no issues.

Not long back from 2 great nights in Inverness. A fantastic 3 points and all the more remarkable to come back twice. I honestly thought when they got the 2nd goal we were toast but a fab ending. Only cause for pessimism is the injury to Hammell and another crap display from The Hump who frankly doesn't look interested. Thought Murphy was great mind you and once Daley came on down the left and Murphy right we improved no end. :thumbup:

Not too long back after staying the night in Inverness.....but what a result. I'll say one thing the celebrations after our second and third goals were very 'passionate' and I hope that is captured for TV.

there have been champions league and world cup winning goals less celebrated than that third goal.

utter chaos. :thumbup: