Motherwell Vs Dunfermline Matchday Thread

David

I would hope that most Well fans would prefer to watch the Well rather than the OF. If not we really are in trouble.

Whilst the battle to see who is the least shite out of those two will surely make for engrossing viewing, our game against Dunfermline is easily more important.

It sounds pretty windy out there again today. I was hoping we'd get a continuation of yesterdays weather <_>

Was going to mention 3-0 win in 1991 but beat me to it. Remember we only got back from Katowice that morning.

On the subject of tonights crowd, why are they allowing the OF match to be televised at the same time?

Sure UEFA rules state it can't be live at 3pm on a Saturday, that apart anytime is fine.

Got da flu but I'll still be there selling the proggies. Auld sodjer that I am................-)

I would hope that most Well fans would prefer to watch the Well rather than the OF. If not we really are in trouble.

I hope so aswell bit unfortunately with the shitey weather, time of year so finances tight, game in Tv etc then a few paying customers might decide to stay in and watch that than go to our game.

Hope I'm wrong though.

Can see it being a shitey crowd myself. I'll be there (if the game goes ahead) but, with finances, the shitey weather and the option to sit in the hoose or boozer to watch the Old Firm 'spectacle', it will most definitely effect the crowd.

Fucking disgraceful that they are allowed to screen and SPL game at the same time as all others are kicking off.

Can see it being a shitey crowd myself. I'll be there (if the game goes ahead) but, with finances, the shitey weather and the option to sit in the hoose or boozer to watch the Old Firm 'spectacle', it will most definitely effect the crowd.

Fucking disgraceful that they are allowed to screen and SPL game at the same time as all others are kicking off.

Totally agree......Neil Doncaster and his cronnies looking to try and get fans back/improve crowds,but put the Mauld Firm on the same time as the 5 other games.....shambolic :wallbash:

No they don't!

It's very much looking like it'll be rotten conditions for football this evening. Why wouldn't people question the logic behind dragging themselves out of the house on a winters night for what looks set to be a game played in crap conditions - we've already seen how much an effect it can have on the fare on the pitch this season.

Then consider other commitments around this time of year and many will consider just giving it a miss.

Well for me the wind and rain usually makes for pretty poor fayre on the park, yet to see a good game in these conditions, so the weather may just tip the balance between me being willing to pay £20 to watch or doing something slightly less miserable.

Aye if they even consider turning on the tv or raising a pint to their mouth they should be banned for life.

Most brain dead thing I've read on here for a while.

David's entitled to his opinion Andy and you should respect that. It doesn't mean to say that if you disagree with him then his opinion is "brain dead".

Yes, some folk will be deterred from going by the weather (fair weather fans??) but if anyone makes their decision on the basis of preferring to watch the OF then he is right.

Motherwell’s Clydesdale Bank Premier League clash with Dunfermline has been postponed due to high winds causing damage to Fir Park Stadium.

The match will now take place on Tuesday 24th January 2012 – Kick-off 7.45pm.

Chief Executive Leeann Dempster said, “We were obviously desperate to get the game on but there has been significant structural damage to the ground.

“That could have posed a risk to supporters so with that in mind, we have agreed with Dunfermline to postpone the fixture and replay it at the earliest opportunity.”