Rangers Vs Motherwell Discussion Thread

David

Tickets purchased today. Really hope we can give them a really hard game. We have fell to pieces in Glasgow quite a bit in the last few years. Very rarely do we catch Rangers on an off day at Ibrox. Although maybe some of thst is down to US. ICT for example always give them a tough time in Glasgow. Time to show them zero respect. There will be a poor (for them) home support I think. We go 1-0 up and it could be very funny. The key, as always, is to avoid conceeding an early goal in either half. 1-0 down we are always in it and a draw still on the cards. The minute it goes 2-0 (if it goes 2-0) it could be damage limitation time.

Purchased tickets on Tuesday, First time at Ibrox in a long time. Tend to normally avoid going near Rangers and Celtic but have already been to Parkhead and now going to Ibrox. As mentioned above we need to hold out and not being going there and allowing Rangers to score early as this will no doubt just open the door for more goals. Hopefully we can go there with the away performances we have seen most of this season and it will be ourselfs that get the early goal and go on from there. I don't hold out much hope but we can only go there and see.

Not confident at all unsurprisingly. Rangers will be wounded after Weds, wether that's a good or bad thing remains to be seen.

Lafferty and Jelavic will start up top and we know Craggs really struggles with those two. Can see this being 3-0 again if they score early. Think Rangers style is just suited to play against ours.

Thank fuck the game is the 2nd as spending all day on the 1st with my Rangers supporting inlaws, which is bad enough at the best of times.....

6 bookings required. Lasley and Hutch are on 5 each.

Ah! Cheers! Think it's 5 in EPL?

Rangers would probably appeal anyway! :lol:

On appeals, is the SFA shut for Christmas? Could they not have heard the mcculloch case on weds, Thurs, or Friday this week? 3 working days, possibly 4 with Saturday too for SFA.

At least jenno will be back when lasley gets suspended, and Clancy did well when hutch was out injured! Both are likely to get booked sooner rather than later!

I'm not predicting a Motherwell win, but given what I've seen if rangers, I can't see them scoring many, worst case is probably a comfortable 2-0 to them, best case is a rare 'well victory!!

I may be a jinx though, I have never seen us win at ibrox, and haven't seen us win at parkhead since late 80s or early 90s, when I seem to remember us winning there fairly regularly??? Think I've seen a draw at parkhead about 96ish, and saw us lead at ibrox in 99, although we lost 5-1.

:lol:

Even although I fully expect us to get gubbed, I'll still be disappointed if we do. Quite a few teams have taken points of Rangers this season so why shouldn't we?

That's exactly my thinking aswell milo. We go into these games knowing full well that we've got little to no chance of taking anything yet that doesn't make you feel any less disappointed when we end up losing. It's especially frustrating to watch the likes of St.Mirren, St.Johnstone, Kilmarnock etc taking points off them whilst we are so easily swept aside by what is a very average Rangers side. But that's been the way it's been for the past nine years now, Motherwell just don't get results against Rangers, especially not at Ibrox.

That's exactly my thinking aswell milo. We go into these games knowing full well that we've got little to no chance of taking anything yet that doesn't make you feel any less disappointed when we end up losing.

Crap. I agree with MJC and milo. :suicide:

:thumbup:

Might not need to worry about Jelavic. QPR have just made an offiical bid for him.........

It's now being denied that there has been an offer made!

6 bookings required. Lasley and Hutch are on 5 each.

Hutch only has four. The match report for St. Mirren wrongly credited him with a yellow.

Motherwell against Rangers at Ibrox is a fixture I can never seem to get excited about to be honest. I'd bite your arm off for a point but I see it being a three goal plus to Rangers affair. David Healy might even manage to score.

Someone always mentions how good odds we are shortly before we play at Ibrox and how we are tempting for a bet. But the odds are like that for a reason.

Would love to be proven wrong.

Blackburn couldn't win a raffle if they'd the only ticket......then they go and win at Man United who went into the game on the back of two 5-0 wins. Aston Villa's only away win before yesterday was at bottom-of-the table Bolton, they go and win at Chelsea. Point being that, as I've said, in football you never know. That's why anything is possible on Monday, no matter the previous history in the fixture or how teams have been performing all season.

Has Owen Coyle passed a late fitness test? He’s probably still the only hope we’ve got of beating these fuckers. Fourteen bastard years and still nothing to crow about in that Govan shit hole. wallbash.gif Christ, even Inverness have beaten these clowns at Ibrox. dry.gif Lets be honest, Rangers are shite at the moment, and we still look like getting sweet FA against them. Don’t get me wrong it can be done, similar and lesser sides have shown the way to do it. Have we got the bottle, skill and the little bit of luck in our side? Only time will tell.