The Well Society

stuwell

The tour is 45-60 mins. Includes 2 tastings.

If your not getting the bus but fancy the tour then please let the well society know. The tours start around 12.45/1pm and the cost is just a donation to the well society. Must be pre booked so I can ensure I have enough staff in.

• Like 1

Hi folks, just a wee update to say the whisky jaunt is full now. We would have had more seats if there had been greater interest but, as costs are involved, we obviously had to make a judgement on what size of bus to book and that's it now full. Everyone on it should have received an e-mail with the details from Craig at the Society.

However, as mentioned above, if anyone is travelling to Perth and wants to stop on the way for the tour, there are still spaces available at the cost of a Society donation.

I would have loved to go on the whisky tour but advertising of it was so poor by the time I found out I'm already committed elsewhere. No dig at anyone in particular but it all seems a bit last ditch attempts now. There's been practically nothing this year up until now. Or at the very least that's not been widely advertised.

I would have loved to go on the whisky tour but advertising of it was so poor by the time I found out I'm already committed elsewhere. No dig at anyone in particular but it all seems a bit last ditch attempts now. There's been practically nothing this year up until now. Or at the very least that's not been widely advertised.

Sorry to hear that mate. As mentioned above, it's been on the website, on here, mentioned in emails, and has been on both the Society Facebook and Twitter feeds for a couple of weeks now. Always happy to take criticism on board, and communication is certainly something that the Society has been poor at in the past, but this is certainly one situation where I'm really not sure what else could be done.

• Like 2

Yes I know and I can see it's improved as I'm now finding out about more things that I didn't in the past. As for twitter and Facebook fraidI'm an old fart for that stuff as for emails I've never received many perhaps I should check address.

For me a letter is the best way (for me) but I understand the costs involved and it's not financially viable. Maybe a letter twice a year with next 6 months events ? Cheaper option or even info included with tickets collected and posted ? Or could posters go up in the ground or ticket office. If they have already I apologise as I didn't see them at the Rangers game also how about local shops businesses advertising. I'm sure I'm not the only society member stuck in the pre social media time warp.

Edited post

I don't know how much messaging is done at games as I usually get to zero or one a year, but do the Society ever put up posters beside the turnstiles to advertise stuff? (Appreciate this isn't as simple as buying a pack of Blu-Tack to stick up some sheets of A3, given the exposure to the elements...)

With respect, this and your following posts suggest it's you who needs to change rather than the society.

Email went out to Society Memebers on the 4th of August and then Jay first posted about this on the 8th of August... it has been discussed since then on this very thread.

Couple of more updates today:

ST JOHNSTONE AWAY:

Firstly, the Tullibardine trip on Saturday is now open to all 'Well fans. Costs are £30 for Society members, £40 for non-members. That's bus to/from the game, a tour of the distillery, a couple of tastings, and a match ticket included - incredible value given it's £23 to get in in the first place.

Uptake hasn't been as good as we'd have hoped for so if interested, please get involved. This is not just an excellent day out at St. Johnstone Away, but it also fund raises for the "Double Your Money" initiative.

What better way to celebrate Blyth leaving than with the fitba and a few drams while helping the Well Society (ie. the Club) at the same time?

For more info: http://www.thewellsociety.co.uk/2017/07/21/distillery-day-out-for-travelling-well-support/

WEEKLY AUCTION:

The Society is going to be auctioning match-worn, signed jerseys from a number of players from the last few years.

These will go online every Thursday morning, starting tomorrow.

Again, it's a way to raise funds which will be subsequently doubled by Les.

More info: http://www.thewellsociety.co.uk/2017/08/08/well-society-weekly-auction/