The Well Society

stuwell

Is Scott Leitch still in charge of youth development?

He is Academy Director and as such I believe responsible for those up to and including U17s. I guess Craigan is for U20s but not solely. I would think Faddy has some input there with the comments made by the players who have extended their contracts.

Yes, I was told we missed out on a development fee of £260,000 before it was known he was away and have no reason to doubt the person. I've also repeatedly asked on here and never had anyone say that a fee was received.

That's the spirit! Don't let the facts get in the way of a good story...

That's the spirit! Don't let the facts get in the way of a good story...

I believe that what I've said is factual and 100% correct. As a society we must be able to trust that the club is being run in a correct way and that mistakes like this do not happen - that too much money to lose out on.

I believe that what I've said is factual and 100% correct. As a society we must be able to trust that the club is being run in a correct way and that mistakes like this do not happen - that too much money to lose out on.

Fully support the latter statement, but, because someone you may trust offered you soundbite, it doesn't make it fact surely? My mother convinced me Father Christmas was real back in the day, just goes to show...

Like I said, don't let the facts get in the way of a good story.

• Like 1

Tangent thread

Fair comment and I'm happy for this discussion to be separated and put in a more appropriate thread.

There's a few comments regarding what may or may not be the situation regarding Robbie Leitch's departure but I'd like to think that Scott Leitch is fully aware of all our young players' contract situations.

• 1 month later...

Really good initiative and generous offer from Les launched today. For every £ the WS raises in 2017, Les will match up to £500k and reduce the debt accordingly.

I reluctantly signed up last year. If I hadn't done, this is the type of offer that would have captured my interest. Hopefully it encourages more to start contributing monthly.

A real opportunity for us fans to significantly improve the financial health of the club.

• Like 2

Yeah, credit where it's due to Les for this one. I will look into increase my DD slightly on the back of this.

If anyone was having any doubts as to whether sticking a few quid a month was worth it or not, surely this should put them to bed. I appreciate not everyone has loads of spare cash (I certainly don't) but every 'Well fan should have a spare £5 per month for one of the big passions in their life, no?

Yeah, credit where it's due to Les for this one. I will look into increase my DD slightly on the back of this.

If anyone was having any doubts as to whether sticking a few quid a month was worth it or not, surely this should put them to bed. I appreciate not everyone has loads of spare cash (I certainly don't) but every 'Well fan should have a spare £5 per month for one of the big passions in their life, no?

Aye, having just read the spiel on the WS I'll bump up my DD off the back of this as well.

I've been a vocal critic of the Well Society in the past, however I have been impressed by their recent changes to the structure which now seems to have the right people on board with concrete plans on how we progress with it. Today's development has convinced me to invest in it and I've started with a payment of £25 a month. I take it the initial lump sum investment is no longer an option? Onwards and Upwards.

Really good initiative and generous offer from Les launched today. For every £ the WS raises in 2017, Les will match up to £500k and reduce the debt accordingly.

I reluctantly signed up last year. If I hadn't done, this is the type of offer that would have captured my interest. Hopefully it encourages more to start contributing monthly.

A real opportunity for us fans to significantly improve the financial health of the club.

Just mentioned this on another thread

unbelievable gesture which he didn't need to make

I think now really is the time to help get us on the most sound financial footing we have been on in years, really is the time to raise as much money as physically possible.

put into perspective £500k in our bank rather than Mr hutchisons makes a huge difference to our club and the opportunities available to us over the next 3-5years, id go as far as saying it would go a long way to solidifying our existence in the top tier

I'd be pleasantly surprised if we manage to raise 500k in 2017, but it's a great gesture from Les and another incentive to throw a few more quid to the Society.

I have also been a critic of the many of the Society's operations in the past, but believed it was the best way forward for the club if it could get its act together. I think Les' influence has been very positive on that and the recent changes have left me more optimistic about its chances of success.

£500k is ambitious but it's a marker for the direction we need to head in.

Been a while since I've looked at figures but I think subscriptions were generating £10-12k per month. This initiative should be drive us on to double that at least.

Yeah you're right, monthly totals were between £10-12k any time I checked.

If we can use this offer from Les to up that to say £15k pcm / £180k per year, which Les will match, it could make a significant difference to the future of the club. I'll up my DD off the back of this as well.

This gesture could be very significant if Well fans buy into this . On the proviso we stay up this year this could have a knock on effect on who we sign /don't sign this summer . With the possibility of hibs and united returning next season and also possibility of two main strikers moving on this gesture could indirectly cut us a bit of slack in who we sign . Even maybe helping to keep both strikers on new terms . Possibilities here if this works . Might help those that are currently reluctant at present to join up as it's a very good incentive tbh . So to sum up this looks like a win win for the for both club and fans

I wonder if this includes additional fundraising initiatives that the society have spoken about before? If so let's get race nights, football cards and sponsored silences in the diary now

You would hope so. As many fundraising initiatives as possible should be planned this year. A big push for local businesses to get involved should be prioritised too as a £5k-£10k donation from a few different local businesses could make a huge difference to the total come the end of the year.

You would expect to see a big drive to maximise this .... expect being the defining word here.

Comes as no surprise when I go onto the WS website the tier benefits info has been taken down yet again with a deadline of Jan 2017 for a reworking and that update which is still blank.

How can you hope to attract people when a defining part of contributing for many is unclear, not populated and you've missed your own deadline even with a full time employee to manage things.

Since the launch of the WS, the benefits have been altered three times, only once bringing it to the membership in advance of change.

• Like 1