Dunfermline Vs Motherwell Discussion Thread

prideoflanarkshire

i still maintain cragains red card vs them last time round has saved our season. Good solid win and a screamer from OJ Is that us equal on points when we finished 3rd with mutley now? Out of interest what is our record spl points tally? It really is a great time to be a 'Well fan

Just in. That was a good day at the office from all concerned. We never really seemed to be in much bother from a Dunfermline side who will finish bottom of the league this season (Whether they will be relegated is a different matter :evilgrin: )

First half was dire. The only chance we had was a shot straight at the keeper from Higdon. Big Randolph had a great save as well.

Second half was a lot better. I felt that in the first half, the Dunfermline defence were fairly comfortable and coped well. But McCall brought on Humphrey and he tore Austin McCann a new one and they really struggled at the back and it showed. Higdon's goal was lucky that the keeper couldn't keep out his shot. Henrik's goal was some strike with some great play from Humph to set it up.

One thing today highlighted was the crowd we took through, I'd say about 1,000 who were in fine fettle. Those who say that without Rangers, all the teams will struggle finanicially. We are flying high in the league and the cup and it shows in the crowds we're taking to away matches. I expect the crowd on Sunday will be a good one as well. If (when?) Rangers die and there is better competition for 2nd and maybe the league, I'm sure healthy away crowds will follow.

Anyway, I digress. My first trip to EEP was a good one. Those bridies are fucking brilliant! But like I've said in this thread, nothing but good times for the rest of the season. We will finish 2nd. I'm sure of it!

:drinks:

Oh, and a special 'Hiya' to Yir Elder. Had a good laugh up the back of the stand with your lot today.

• Like 1

Is that us equal on points when we finished 3rd with mutley now? Out of interest what is our record spl points tally? It really is a great time to be a 'Well fan

Mutley amassed 60 points which is our SPL record.

First half was dire. The only chance we had was a shot straight at the keeper from Higdon. Big Randolph had a great save as well.

Second half was a lot better. I felt that in the first half, the Dunfermline defence were fairly comfortable and coped well. But McCall brought on Humphrey and he tore Austin McCann a new one and they really struggled at the back and it showed. Higdon's goal was lucky that the keeper couldn't keep out his shot. Henrik's goal was some strike with some great play from Humph to set it up.

+1

Just watched the 2nd half of the game on Alba. Higdons goal squirmed under but Henrik's was an absolute cracking shot.

Good away support today and the boys were singing non-stop.

And the bridies are braw

Close fought game but fairly comfortable win. Poor first half, Daley rightly hooked(who says McCall doesn't make subs early enough?) and Humphrey made a huge difference in the 2nd. Not much in it but always felt we were more likely. Goalie made an arse of it but it was a good cross by Henrik and Higdon got across his man and got his shot away. He gambled at the front post and got his reward, I'm a big Higgy fan but if there's one thing I want to see him do more is to get across his man at the front post. The second was great wing play from Humphrey, showed great feet to prove he's got more than just pace as some claim and did well to pick out Ojamaa. And well what can you say? On that ptich and the way the ball was bobbling I was expecting to be catching the ball in the stand but what a hit, no chance for the keeper this time.

Jenno & Humphrey had really good games. The defence on the whole was solid except from a few dodgy moments, particulary from Hutch. Wee Henrik probably had one of his poorest games by his high standards but still ended up with a goal and an assist.

Fairly average performance overall but we done enough and grinded out the win. Another clean sheet too. It's just what the top teams do.

Just in, got lost on the way back :P

First half was shite, Dunfermline ruled the half tbf and could've scored if it wasn't for a great save from Randolph. 2nd half was changed only by humph comin on for Daley, who was havin a shiter. First goal just snuck in after some very bad goal keepin, second goal was an absolute screamer tho, worth flyin over to see :thumbsup:

The support from the home fans was shite if I'm honest, however we were fantastic, singin all thru the 90 mins, really good return to a well game for me :D

Didn't see that one turning out to be anything like as comfortable a victory as it proved to be in the end.

I didn't think there was a huge amount between the teams up until we got ahead, although as soon as we scored we really came into our own and it was all Motherwell after that. I don't know if you could say Dunfermline were playing at their peak in that opening hour but MFC certainly weren't and you knew there was still a couple of gears that we could hopefully go up.

That's another of the pleasing aspects of the team at the moment, there are a number of match winners across the team and even if one or two aren't firing on all cylinders there is still a fair bit of quality in the squad to help see us through on occasions like these.

Wee bit of fortune for the first with Smith somehow failing to keep Higgy's effort out but no denying the quality of the second both in terms of the build up and the finish,

We could easily had added a few more goals as we switched between spells of some good possession football and playing shooty in.

A very enjoyable ending to what was building up towards an awkward and frustrating afternoon.

Special mention to Humphrey today. Daley was not contributing a lot but Humphrey made a bid difference. The Boss seems to favour Daley but if I had to choose I would opt for the Humph.

Great goal from the pistolero and as mentioned above a comfortable end to what after 45 mins was looking like a difficult afternoon. :cheers:

Aye, Dundee Utd's wings are needing clipped - the real form team in the SPL at the moment (outwith Celtic) though they still are throwing in draws at home. If they could lose to Inverness I will be happy to support them against Rangers in a fortnight. However if we keep doing the business, in particular beating Kilmarnock, Aberdeen and Hibs before the split the rest of them can do whatever they like, all we need to worry about is Rangers. That just sounds mental.

A good win yesterday and 3 important points. The crowd was excellent and gave the lads plenty of encouragement. We struggled a bit in the first half but once we scored the first Dunfermline's heads went down and the final result was never in doubt. Maybe our team line up wasn't quite right but SM acknowledged that and changed things at half time.

Onwards and upwards.

Great result, team had to dig in a bit to get the breakthrough after quite a frustrating first 60 minutes ( admittedly only frustrating by what we know this team is capable of)

most important moment, to me, was Randolphs outstanding save early in the game.

Delighted Higgy got another one, still a few haters that must go home and lash themselves after they have to celebrate him scoring, quite clearly it wasn't his finest but they all count

Henriks was another class strike that killed of Dunfermline, after that wee bit of magic from Humphrey, proves he's got it, don't think he's a 90 minute player, but crucial never the less

Good away support, the chanters up the back done a great job supporting the full team

be sad to see the Pars go down, great wee away day out, travel is easy by train/bus or car (only £2 for the parking )

Tickets are probably the cheapest away day I can think off, stand, catering... etc all decent, a good setup shame their directors have screwed them over and fans appear to have abandoned them

much rather go there, than Ibrox :popcorn:

be sad to see the Pars go down, great wee away day out, travel is easy by train/bus or car (only £2 for the parking )

+1 on that. Had many great away days to Dunfermline dating back to our First Division days.

Solid performance yesterday and a wee bit of flair in the second half really showed what we're all about this season. Pleased to see Humphrey come on and change it, he's definitely got something and seemed hungry to show it yesterday.

Great atmosphere again at EEP, those bridies are smashing too so a great away day. The players seem to really respond to the backing. Shame I still had the annoyance of having two moaning faced pricks behind me. Constantly whinging about Higdon, Murphy and even Ojamaa and McCall too. So many roasters in our support so it's just as well the rest of us can drown them out.