Jamie Murphy - How Much Would You Accept For Him?

David

113 members have voted

1. 1. How Much Would You Accept For Jamie In The Summer?

• £100,000 - £250,000
    • £250,000 - £500,000
    • £500,000 - £750,000
    • £750,000 - £1 million
    • £1 million minimum

It depends on how the rest of our season goes.

McCall spoken on numerous occasions about his breif of top six and sell a player. We are a selling club.

We made a healthy profit last term. That would manly have been down to the cup run. If we can repeat the feat or finish second in the league we don't need to look at breaking up whats been a fairly settled squad over the past couple of seasons.

I'd be testing the waters with him for a year extension to his contract. This means we don't run the risk of losing him for buttons or heehaw further down the line and if someone does come in for him over the summer we can look at opening the bidding around £1M.

I don't see us getting much more than £500,000 for him. He's too powderpuff for the championship and definetly not EPL standard yet, pehaps we could get a few add-ons on a deal like that too.

The club would accept anything from 100K, at this stage he is worth around 200/250k Max, judging on prices for players in and around his (as yet unproven)) ability.

He is scoring goals in the SPL, unless he is scoring 20/25 goals a season in the SPL his value wont really increase due to the level of football played in the SPL.

OJ would be worth much more, as it stands CURRENTLY.... in the price market pureley because he has played in other Leagues, not really scored any goals as such, then he lands in the SPL and becomes a goal scorer (Coincidence) or fact.

SPL would be compared to lower half League 1, in parts, give or take the odd couple of teams.

Would love to get 300/500k for him, but my feeling is that we would sell at much lower.

OJ would be worth much more, as it stands CURRENTLY.... in the price market pureley because he has played in other Leagues, not really scored any goals as such, then he lands in the SPL and becomes a goal scorer (Coincidence) or fact.

Forgive my ignorance, but who's OJ?

He is scoring goals in the SPL, unless he is scoring 20/25 goals a season in the SPL his value wont really increase due to the level of football played in the SPL.

Since when has a winger been judged on the amount of goals he scores alone? And there have been many SPL goalscorers that have failed to hit 25+ goals a season that have gone on to do well in England.

No one would argue that Steven Fletcher is probably the best former SPL striker at this moment in time. Yet he had no where near (according to you) a good enough strike rate (3.6279 games per goal scored) and ohis highest ever season total being 13 leagues goals in the SPL - although could see him breaking that this season

I think in later life, Murphy will thank McCall for not playing him as a striker. As he isn't one/

As for the thread - If we end third, get Champions League Quals (certain 4 games in Europe_ and at least Semi Finals of the Scottish Cup I will be disappointed if we sell for less than £400K.

• Like 1

For a young player that's played at a decent standard his entire career, has excellent pace, good technique, can play in a number of positions, is an U21 international with a good record at that level and has scored double figures in the last three seasons despite generally not playing as an out and out striker - well I don't think it's unreasonable to start the bidding at a minimum of £500,000.

Sadly, I think Jamie Murphy will be sold massively under his true worth just to get cash into the club.

I understand the club was letting fans know what our financial situation was and is, but perhaps in retrospect it wasn't a smart move to public announce that we have to sell a player in the next window. Automatically from a bargaining position it devalues our player assets.

As much as he seems to be a purple patch player, I wouldn't accept less than £500,000 for him. He has the raw attributes to be a fantastic player, he just needs to display them on a more consistent basis. He has hit double figures in goals for three years running, which isn't bad for being 22.

He has only played a handful, if that games upfront this season. 12 goals by February is a very good return for a winger. Also, I don't know what is the catalyst for this, but he seems to have played far better since moving to the right of midfield.

What he goes for isn't neccesarily his worth, today's market is inflated and we need to make sure we don't get shafted.

We are a selling club and need to do regular business, that has an impact on what we can command. That said, think Murphy is a 1-1.5m prospect and we should really get that for the work we have put in, and also because of the players willingness to hold out for the right move rather than bolt at the first rise.

get him to sign an extension to his contract.

It's pointless us putting a value on him, as the club will punt him at the first offer.

Given the amount of time he's been at the club, could be 10-12 years, i would hope we are more than suitably compensated for his developement. say £50k - £100k for each year aint unreasonable.

I agree that we are a selling club but if we can get second place or if we qualify for champions league by default it may require some re thinking by players and baord alike...

1. Do the players want to move and miss out on champions league?

2. Will we make enough money through our league poisiton fonish and being in europe to put us in the position where we do not have to sell a player at the end of this season?

Based on our successful season and in anticipation of european soccer next season I hope we can hang onto our curent players ( Murphy included ) till we are out of europe but of course still be able to allow them to move on to bigger things ( perhaps in the Jnauary window? ) for decent transfer fees.

• Like 1

Any English clubs looking to buy him will judge him on his performances against the bigger teams (old firm) & unfortunately in these games it's easier to find Shergar than Murphy. Needs to stand up & be counted more in the big games to warrant anything over 300k to be a valuable asset to a Championship team.