Jamie Murphy - How Much Would You Accept For Him?

David

113 members have voted

1. 1. How Much Would You Accept For Jamie In The Summer?

• £100,000 - £250,000
    • £250,000 - £500,000
    • £500,000 - £750,000
    • £750,000 - £1 million
    • £1 million minimum

Any English clubs looking to buy him will judge him on his performances against the bigger teams (old firm) & unfortunately in these games it's easier to find Shergar than Murphy. Needs to stand up & be counted more in the big games to warrant anything over 300k to be a valuable asset to a Championship team.

You got facts for that?

Wouldn't sell him for anything less than £750.000, you look at other players that made the move down south for sizable fee's who were utter drose, Steven Fletcher for 3 Mill, Craig Beattie for 2 Mill, think he must have made a handful of starts for Celtic, and Conor Sammon FFS. Murphy has been great since becoming a first team regular in our side, if the likes of these imposters can command such a high fee then I believe we should be looking for something similar.

Some of you are living in cloud coo coo land.

NEWSFLASH

Jamie Murphy is not that good

yet

No 'Well player is "that good".

But you're right. He's not even amoungest the first 8 or 9 names on the team sheet.

You got facts for that?

Facts for what? That he's a passenger in the old firm games? In at least the last 2 seasons he has done the grand sum of hee haw against both halves of the old firm. McCall often hooks him when he remebers he's actually on the park. That's my facts now can you provide me with facts that he does anything against the old firm?

No facts you need to play well against the Old Firm to get a move to England - were the media making up the fact that Blackpool wanted him?

What did Sammon do? Boyd? Fletcher? McArthur? None of them were ever stand outs against the Old Firm

Read my post correctly you will see i said warrant an offer over 300k i believe blackpool offered 250k so what part of that is wrong?

No facts you need to play well against the Old Firm to get a move to England - were the media making up the fact that Blackpool wanted him?

What did Sammon do? Boyd? Fletcher? McArthur? None of them were ever stand outs against the Old Firm

Seen as you asked:

Fletcher - 4 Goals against the Old Firm

Sammon - 4 Goals against the Old Firm

Boyd - 3 Goals against the Old Firm

McArthur - 1 Goal against the Old Firm

Murphy - 1 Goal against the Old Firm

I would find it difficult to put a sum on it now.

The context has changed of where we were in the January and where we could potentially be come summer transfer window.

We could blast through the Well Society £250k target, have a Murphy inspired 2nd place finish, win the Cup thanks to a winning goal from him after a televised replay against Aberdeen and two televised wins in front of near capacity crowds at Hampden.

By contrast the Well Society model might fail, we implode and miss out on the tasty Champions League lucre and get papped out the cup on Sunday with him getting carried off on a stretcher and MJC is posting told you so on every single thread.

There's also the small matter of what any suitors might want to actually pay.

All in all better placed to call this one once the summer comes.

Seen as you asked:

Fletcher - 4 Goals against the Old Firm

Sammon - 4 Goals against the Old Firm

Boyd - 3 Goals against the Old Firm

McArthur - 1 Goal against the Old Firm

Murphy - 1 Goal against the Old Firm

Doesn't really answer my question does it? Although a bit worried goals alone is classed as doing well (especially at Murphy is a winger and McArthur is an (attack-minded) midfielder. What about assists, passes completed, runs made, balls collected, headers won... do they not also count.

Saying that, I think Murphy has only turned up once in against the Old Firm and that was when he came on as a sub and got us a 3-3 draw at Ibrox. He was fantastic that game.

Facts are doing well against the Old Firm doesn't really matter unless that is one of the days the Scouts were looking in on you.

Doesn't really answer my question does it? Although a bit worried goals alone is classed as doing well (especially at Murphy is a winger and McArthur is an (attack-minded) midfielder. What about assists, passes completed, runs made, balls collected, headers won... do they not also count.

Saying that, I think Murphy has only turned up once in against the Old Firm and that was when he came on as a sub and got us a 3-3 draw at Ibrox. He was fantastic that game.

Facts are doing well against the Old Firm doesn't really matter unless that is one of the days the Scouts were looking in on you.

Aye, I mean I wasn't really throwing it as any kind of fundamental 'proof' of anything. For what its worth, I think a move to a club in England would do a huge amount of good to Murphy. Fletcher is a much better player for being there, he's stronger and built bigger than he was when he left Scotland, and has game has improved because of it. If Murphy benefited the same way, I think he'd improve.

he needs to bulk up, and we've been saying that for many months. he's been playing better on right and today he was back on left. why?

I raised that point in the main game thread. There is no need to have him there when Law can play there (and in fact that's his best position to) and Murphy can play right. You don't need to change any personnel or even the position of any other player. Just one of those baffling decisions managers make that you can't seem to grasp at all.

I'll pay for his taxi. He needs, most of the tIme, 3 touches to get the ball under control and then runs into the corner. He should have been hooked at ht for Humph who MUST start for him next week. Needs a spell on the bench.

• Like 2

1331492446[/url]' post='333562']

he needs to bulk up, and we've been saying that for many months. he's been playing better on right and today he was back on left. why?

He was on the right for the first half and changed to left for the second. He had a rotten game today anyway and Humphrey needs to be brought back in for next week.

I'll pay for his taxi. He needs, most of the tIme, 3 touches to get the ball under control and then runs into the corner. He should have been hooked at ht for Humph who MUST start for him next week. Needs a spell on the bench.

Agree with a lot of this. I think Murphy's worth is getting lower as he has had a very poor season. I think we will get about £200,000 for him.....if he actually moves on. In hindsight he should have moved on last summer.

just goes to show how bad scottish football is that Murphy has reached double figures whilst playing in midfield, whilst having a very poor season. Meanwhile Ojamma, a player who could not buy a contract as a player, joins us and rips defences to pieces.

Murphy's problem is his apparent lack of confidence, and strength. Strength can be gained, confidence is the difficult part. He has the ability.