Motherwell Vs Rangers Discussion Thread

Ianc

Some right sock shaggers on here today, Clancy was always gonna cost us was he? I'm not happy with some performances , but can't believe you have identified players before game even kicks off to blame

Ps he was pushed in back to misjudge the cross for the winner

• Like 1

I identified him about 15 mins INTO todays game NOT before it. I just think Page will be a better defender than him. Remember he wasn't good enough for Kilmarnock whom he was crap against last week too by the way. He got caught out with the same type of throw in at Parkhead too. Anyway me and ma squelchy socks are going out tae get drunk. :cheers::rolleyes:

Rangers fans were summed up for me on the way home. Car in front of me had FTP as part of is number plate. These 5 Rangers fans stood in front of it taking pictures.

Thought we fought well today and were desperately unlucky, their keeper had more to do than Randy I felt and if we keep that up the last six games we'll be okay. Bit of a sticky run just now, but there's no way either United or Saint Johnstone are going to remain unbeaten in the run-in. The two games against them will, however, be crucial.

Odd. Despite the circumstances in which we lost today somehow I think I felt more disheartened after last Saturday.

That was very harsh on us today. There was only ever one team that looked like they were going to get a winner in the second half and it certainly wasn't Rangers. Yet out of the blue they force a save from Randolph and seconds later a fucking shitter of a scrambled bobbling winner gives them the points. I've been told there was a push on Clancy in the build up but currently got no great inclination to seek it out to check.

I thought we did okay though. Took the game to them when possible. Scored a great goal, forced two wonderful saves from McGregor and another half decent one after a lovely passage of play through the middle of the park. All that was missing was a positive result at the end of it.

We had some fortune with the Clancy booking and Randolph with Aluko certainly. Clancy has grown on me a lot since his very early outings in claret and amber but I actually think he's pretty similar to Craggs in that he's an accident waiting to happen. A different type of accident certainly but his hot-headedness has to be curbed. These instances of sleekit kicks, heads into chest and wild lunges are going to catch up with him sooner or later.

The Aluko incident I was stunned when it became apparent he hadn't pointed to the spot and wasn't going for a red for Randolph. To be fair to Brines though he did his utmost to compensate with his leniency towards McCulloch, Goian and a series of utterly bizarre calls to allow play to continue when he had clear view of a foul, only to penalise a Motherwell player immediately after - the Lasley booking a case in point.

The Dundee Utd scoreline was disappointing if not unexpected, particularly with the Pars teasing us by taking them to half-time so rather nauseatingly we have to look to Celtic to do us a turn tomorrow to offer some respite to the hammering away at an increasingly fragile lead.

You can call it blind optimism but I have a funny feeling that next weekend is going to be key weekend in how things will pan out and it'll be a positive shift back towards us. I certainly hope so anyway!!

Some right sock shaggers on here today, Clancy was always gonna cost us was he? I'm not happy with some performances , but can't believe you have identified players before game even kicks off to blame

Ps he was pushed in back to misjudge the cross for the winner

Yeah, I was amazed at the number of blatant, 2-hands-on-the-back pushes that went unpunished by Brines today, despite happening right in front of him. Rangers' second being the one that ended up being costly.

Absolutely sickened by today's result, really struggling to pick myself back up from it. In saying that though, didn't think there were any terrible performances, just a bit too much respect shown to Rangers when they had the ball. As usual, they end up getting the bit of luck that makes the difference, typical. Same old story of not taking the chances that were there and a great save by McGregor thrown into the bargain.

A sense of injustice has worked well for us earlier this season with the games against Dunfermline and Hearts springing to mind, so let's hope that the players carry that forward to next Sunday and get a result at Hibs to get us back on track. The scheduling of the post-split fixtures could no have a huge bearing on how our season ends. Technically we should only have 2 at home but we've only had 18 home games the last few years, will the SPL make an exception?

Managed to get a break from work to catch the last 30 minutes of the game in the pub, I'm quite vocal when we play so was talking away to myself/the telly as the game went on. Some blonde mutant a few tables away kept turnin and looking at me in disgust any time I said anything anti-Rangers. When they scored she turned round, clenched both her fists and went "yaaaaaaaaaaasssss!!" at me, was absolutely furious!

1333206615[/url]' post='336025']

Again, you get the same amount of points for a 4-0 defeat as you do when you have been beaten 2-1 to a last minute toe poke (that's what it looked like to me from where I was sitting).

The people who went to the bookies and put THEIR hard earned cash down on a Rangers victory called it right. I'd rather that wisnae the case but it is. I bet you one or two in the 'singing section' had money on a Rangers win today.....yet still sang and jumped about for large sections of the match supporting our team and were gutted that we lost how we did.

See if a wee lift makes it easier......each to their own.

I doubt they were whispering in Hateley's lug anytime we had a throw in that they had money on Rangers and that we were shite and hoped we didn't win.

But you judge away.

Yes I will judge as I shout the team On with no hidden agenda. Can others this say that????

We didn't do quite enough to earn a draw and lack of confidence/self belief cost us big time. We really do have to cut out suicidal defending. In the second half the midfield sat too deep and showed Rangers the glass jaw with the inevitable consequences. The goal came late but it was coming for some time before that and the players seemed to sense that. A lack of character is costing us.

Still I'm not too dishearetened this evening, knowing we can play a lot better with more solid defending and better finishing. Stuart McCall called it wrong when he failed to take off the panting Ojamaa and ineffective Law.

Still hopefully we can improve for next week - if we don't another defeat beckons against a desperate and fired up Hibs side.

533267_3574959022535_1529872520_33033987_485442960_n.jpg

Cracking photo Ricky! Cost quite a bit on paint / materials as well as a lot of late nights to get this one sorted, glad to see it looked as good as hoped.

Again thanks very much to everyone who has donated as without you it would have been a struggle. Hopefully more displays before the season is out!

Thought we played very well today and were desperately unlucky.

Mccall should have made at least 1 change with about 15-20 mins left to freshen things up but.

Next week is a MUST WIN. Dundee united and st johnstone are too close for comfort although i think st jonhstone will fall away.

Game against dundee united after the split will be massive

Well it wasn't brilliant but it was night and day better than our previous league performances against Rangers under McCall. Strange game as Rangers seemed to be the team in the ascendancy for long spells but never really looked like they were going to socre when it was 1-1. We had a few shots that McGregor did well with and at times we played some lovely stuff but poor decisions, poor final balls cost us. I really think Jennings was more at fault than Clancy for the winning goal as he should have been up for that and not letting it bounce and Clancy get into that 50-50. Not convinced if he was fouled or not but I don't think we could argue that the ref was due us one as he had done us a huge favour in not giving them a penalty earflier. I doubt it would have been a red though as ALuko's touch had knocked the ball out and I think his touch being so poor was what convinced Brines that he was at it as he was never getting it. Thought Brines gave McCulloch and Higdon nothing for a half and then it was as if he suddenly realised that stopping people jumping was illegal. Law needs to be more willing to have a hit as he had a couple of chances and then passed the ball to Humphrey who then had not a lot on. However play like that next week and we'll be a shoe in for three points though missing Jennings and Hammell will make it a much tougher ask.

Today was also the FIRST league goal we have scored against Rangers since McCall became manager in January 2011.

Very rarely do we score two in the one game against them. Last one I can remember was 3-3 at Ibrox in May 2009. Before that I am struggling.

Today was also the FIRST league goal we have scored against Rangers since McCall became manager in January 2011.

Very rarely do we score two in the one game against them. Last one I can remember was 3-3 at Ibrox in May 2009. Before that I am struggling.

Aye that 3-3 is the last time we scored more than one goal against them in a game. The last time it happened before that was in April 2005 when they beat us 3-2 at Fir Park and before that it was the Scottish Cup Semi at Hampden nine years ago.

We didn't do quite enough to earn a draw and lack of confidence/self belief cost us big time. We really do have to cut out suicidal defending. In the second half the midfield sat too deep and showed Rangers the glass jaw with the inevitable consequences. The goal came late but it was coming for some time before that and the players seemed to sense that. A lack of character is costing us.

Totally agree with this.

Wrong from all at MFC today... Surely this was the match for the directors to announce the Well Society is a goer... while the opponents are verging on liquidation. Anything to noise up Rangers to acquire the £9000,000 for coming second rather than hope for another couple of hundred pounds by the the end of today.

The management must be like their counterparts at Falkirk and the other diddy clubs that remind their teams that it's 11 against 11... not also-rans versus internationalists as McCall does according to his post-match comments.

Thought we played decent to be honest& deserved at least a draw. Think theres a bit of an over reaction on this board to what was a narrow last minute defeat to a good team.

All those moaning that everyone else has beat the h**s needs to start playing attention to scottish football. The h**s have had major injuries in the last few months as well as their off field problems. That team that beat us todat was their big team, all back& fit. The same team with the exception of jelavic that romped to a 15point lead in the league.

I dont think we did too much wrong today& i certainly feel better about that result that when they hump us 5,6,7-0!

Given his experience, I really thought McCall would have us up for these games against the Old Firm. His approach to such games have been a disappointing aspect of his management.

Heard Craigan saying pre-match that McCall didn't have much to say this week as these games take care of themselves. Our record would suggest otherwise.

Given what's at stake, we should have been bursting with belief today.

This has only happened to us once...

On checking, you're right. You know, it seems like we've been in this situation more often than that. Did they consider it in another couple of seasons? Either way, with everything that's on the line this season, I'd be disappointed if we were to lose out because St Johnstone upset the curve.