Motherwell Vs Rangers Discussion Thread

Ianc

As for Clancy, for once I won't be able to bitch at Lunny if he is offered a ban. It was a stupid move.

Stupid albiet provoked, which I didn't notice at that time. Fuck knows what Whittaker was trying to do but it was dangerous and nowhere near the ball. Still, players have got to keep the heed in these situation, Clancy didn't and I would't be surprised to see him hauled up.

Don't think Clancy can be brought to book when the ref has already deemed it a bookable offence.

I think they can only bring a charge if the ref has missed something and then it is shown on TV to be an offence. Thats how I see it anyway.

Mon the Dossers

Ref already sent McCall to the stand and then Lunny wallopped him with an additional punishment for something not seen on camera, so who knows. Law unto themselves these guys. Zero transparency. I fully expect Lunny to be spotted wearing the long leather jackets favoured by Himmler's Gestapo.

• Like 1

Don't think Clancy can be brought to book when the ref has already deemed it a bookable offence.

I think they can only bring a charge if the ref has missed something and then it is shown on TV to be an offence. Thats how I see it anyway.

Mon the Dossers

Jennings got a two match ban for something the ref did see and deemed to only be a yellow card.

Jennings got a two match ban for something the ref did see and deemed to only be a yellow card.

That is correct. What this means, in effect, is that there is a right of appeal on a yellow card but only in favour of the authorities. Another example of an inconsistent and flawed disciplinary system.

On the subject of yellow cards, soft "bookings" are costing us dearly.