2012/13 Ins & Outs Thread

SCDave

mad vlad's stripping them to the bone to minimise his losses. cut through the bullshit in their accounts and they have lost £13M in the past two seasons.

Its these sort of figures related to Hearts that I find astonishing, I mean, they appear to have burned through £30-40,000,000 in Vlad's time there? Can you imagine what we could have achieved with that sort of money? Obviously I'm not advocating it as a way forward, but walking away with two Scottish Cups in his time there seems a pretty meagre return for that amount of cash. With that sort of cash, could we have held onto guys like McCormack, or Porter a bit longer?

I'd just like to think that given how well we've done without it, we could've achieved a bit more with it..

hearts haven't signed anyone or renewed any contracts.

mad vlad's stripping them to the bone to minimise his losses. cut through the bullshit in their accounts and they have lost £13M in the past two seasons.

True, but he was offered a deal at the end of last season but wanted a bit more cash from what I hear.

Its these sort of figures related to Hearts that I find astonishing, I mean, they appear to have burned through £30-40,000,000 in Vlad's time there? Can you imagine what we could have achieved with that sort of money? Obviously I'm not advocating it as a way forward, but walking away with two Scottish Cups in his time there seems a pretty meagre return for that amount of cash. With that sort of cash, could we have held onto guys like McCormack, or Porter a bit longer?

I'd just like to think that given how well we've done without it, we could've achieved a bit more with it..

It's a tricky situation having that much money to burn. Working on a shoestring means that the manager has to work hard to bring in the best players he can within a fixed, sustainable budget structure. Throw a crazy amount of money in there and there's a temptation to overspend and perhaps not work as hard to get value out of your buck. Not quite the same situation, but look what happened in the days of McLeish and Kampman. We paid well over the odds for a bunch of overvalued duds, something you could argue that Hearts have done (at least in some respects).

In saying that, I do agree that it would have been interesting to see if we could have retained some of our better players and perhaps established a sustained growth over the last few years. End of the day though, we're going in the right direction with the fan ownership model, but it does mean that we're unlikely to ever see a big marquee signing again.

See weve knocked back bids for Hutch and Law ,its on the official site.

I really would like to know how much we have been offered. Nicky Law is in his last 12 months and ideally we should try to sign him up or really thinking of selling him. Not that I want to sell him, but it does not make sense for us.

Guess the 2 games vs Levante are mighty important....

See weve knocked back bids for Hutch and Law ,its on the official sight.

some early moves in a game of chess?

preparing fans , every player has a price, but we're staying strong on it and not settling for any low bid

and at the same time making public that bids have bee received, so if anyone wants a piece of Motherwell they better approach sooner than later.

we'll also need a reminder that steelmen forever hasnt been embraced as had been hoped for, so funds are still tight

preparing fans , every player has a price, but we're staying strong on it and not settling for any low bid

and at the same time making public that bids have bee received, so if anyone wants a piece of Motherwell they better approach sooner than later.

we'll also need a reminder that steelmen forever hasnt been embraced as had been hoped for, so funds are still tight

As a club with a requirement to 'sell a player a season' we have done pretty well in holding onto our assets. However, I think it was inevitable, even before new TV deal was signed, that we would need to offload one or two this time around.

I was expecting Randolph and Hutch to be prime targets and I think we have sufficient cover to avoid it being a catastrophic loss. It would be more difficult to deal with the loss of Jennings and Law.

according to STV, 250k for Hutchy and 100k for Law, both derisory offers that were rightly turned down, each worth far more than that and i mean 4 or 5 times that amount imo

http://sport.stv.tv/football/clubs/motherwell/149679-motherwell-turn-down-english-offers-for-shaun-hutchinson-and-nicky-law/

The official statement certainly looks like a "come and get them" advert to me. Ideally we can get a decent amount for Law and start a bidding war for Shaun Hutchinson. It's a shame he got injured when he was on the verge of an England U21 cap, that could have considerably increased the amount sides are willing to pay and could have sparked a bit more interest.

To be fair, the Steelmen Forever thing so far, at least to me, seems to have been "Big shiny new campaign launched! Send us ideas!" and then silence.

Didn't expect Law to be here long term given we only signed him to a 2yr deal. Think his thinking on signing with us was similar to that of Coke. Here a year then off to a better team in England than where he started. We'll be lucky to get half a million for him. Hutch I would think the best we'll get is 750k. Better sell them both in this window otherwise McCall will be getting asked to chop another 200k off the wage bill next season. And who knows if he'll accept working under those circumstances

1 million for Hutchy.750k for Law.

Over ambitious? Possibly. But then look at what other Scottish teams players go for.

Glad the club knocked back those pathetic bids.

I would agree, maybe £500k for Law. Worth more in assists for poss league positions and cup runs. Plus only creative midfielder we have. Would seriously struggle to replace him.

Any less than £1m for Hutch would be robbery. Two years left on his deal so no hurry to sell.

There was speculation of Ipswich bidding a million for Gavin Gunning a while back. Having seen both him and Hutchy play various times, I'd have Hutchy in my team first every week.

Dundee United seem to be able to herald their players at a greater value than ours despite similar ability. Just look at Goodwillie going for £2.8 million all in and the size of Blackpool's bid for Murphy (which I have heard various figures between 250-500k for). Goodwillie is by far a better player than Murphy, but he is not worth 5-10 times what he is.

Hutch and Law are our 2 best players, i would expect about £1million and £750k respectively but knowing scottish football we will be lucky to get £500k and £350k.

Robbery, but what can you do?

If we do sell them for derisory amounts, it would be down to Motherwell and not Scottish football.

Hearts, Hibs and Dundee Utd manage to hold out for value.

The story on the official does come as somewhat desperate. If the figures are true, neither bid really merits a mention.