2012/13 Ins & Outs Thread

SCDave

I'd be tempted to take Riordan for 6 month and tell him if he grows the fuck up and plays well he might get it extended.

With talks of county looking at him he would lick yer baws to get a team our size interested. His shares have rapidly fallen, but he still has the ability.

You're mental. The boy spent several months in China earning 30k a week before he was punted(with a nice settlement no doubt). Add that to the money he's already made in his career and he's set for life. He has no need to earn money and at 29 with no chance of salvaging his career he would have no motivation. Just look at his performance at St Johnstone in the 5-1 game at Fir Park last season. Yes the talent is still there but he just strolled around the pitch like it was a kick about with his mates. Then Saints got rid of him and replaced him with Gregory Tade, that says it all really.

He should be a Premiership player & a regular Scotland international, instead at 29 he's scrambling about again looking for an SPL club to take a punt on him. He's had enough chances to change in the past and hasn't take them, his career is all but over and he's minted. So why would he change now?

As I've always said on talent alone it's a no brainer but his talent comes attached to a jakey wee bawbag waster who will never change.

• Like 1

Wouldn't say no to Broadfoot but I imagine he would be on a decent wage. Certainly wouldn't be worth breaking the wage structure for.

Riordan, whilst good on his day, is not worth the trouble.

Kerr is probably the best shout of the three mentioned. Nothing outstanding but a good professional with experience in the league. Wouldn't be asking for too much in the way of wages and could do a job in the same way that Clancy did last season.

As others have said though, I would not be surprised if we end up with someone none of us have head of; either a loan signing for cover or someone with a tenuous link to Bradford...

Anyone suggesting we take Riordan needs to take a look at the clubs that are interested in him. With his natural ability, there's no way that Ross County (with the greatest respect to them) should have a chance of getting Derek Riordan. The problems he brings clearly outwiegh the benefits, seems to be the thinking of most managers. And given his clear talent, how big must these problems be?

If Stuart McCall can get him to screw the nut?? Many managers, some a lot more experienced than Stuart McCall, have thought that they could do this. It has to be a straight no from me.

If it was a choice between signing no one before the window closes and signing Riordan, I'd go for no one. At least Bob McHugh is a team player who doesn't appear to be a disruptive influence. I'd rather play Erwin and McHugh up front than have the poison that is Derek Riordan take a wage from our club...

But, Mark Kerr. Yes. Experienced and the type of player we need right now/ Had a few rough seasons but I think we have right players for him to be a success. His lack of pace wouldn't be an issue (was it for Jennings?) and I think Carswell in particular could learn from him...

• Like 2

dont know if its been mentioned already but alot of talk from Sheffield Wednesday that theyve had a 600k bid for Hutch accepted?

Doesn't seem to be anymore than a rumour at the moment - but I'd reluctantly accept £600k for hutchy - IF we get a bit of freed up cash to bring in a replacement and A N Other player

If Riordan signs for us, I'll be handing my season ticket back...

So would u rather go the season with what we've got? Riordan has more natural ability than Higdon and Mchugh...could've been a Scotland regular, we could capitalise on his stupidness which is putting other clubs off if we can get him doing well on and off the park, a risk I would be willing to take!

So would u rather go the season with what we've got? Riordan has more natural ability than Higdon and Mchugh...could've been a Scotland regular, we could capitalise on his stupidness which is putting other clubs off if we can get him doing well on and off the park, a risk I would be willing to take!

Sorry, no. He's not a risk worth taking. Got several Hibs managers the sack and although it might be a coincidence, St Johnstone's season tanked last season after they signed him.

Capitalise on his stupidity? Stupidity would be signing him...

Sorry, no. He's not a risk worth taking. Got several Hibs managers the sack and although it might be a coincidence, St Johnstone's season tanked last season after they signed him.

Capitalise on his stupidity? Stupidity would be signing him...

Agreed 100%. Steering well clear of Derek Riordan is by far the only choice worth considering.

There seems to be four players name being mentioned ,The big guy Dodds was the type of centre half we were looking for years to bring tae firpark but i'm thinking his best days are behind him now. Kerr always seemed ok and might do a job for us .Riordan is on one hand a genius and on the other a liability , be a brave or stupid team that would give him a chance. And i doubt we will get Broadfoot he will be looking for to much money ,whether he is worth it is another thing.