2012/13 Ins & Outs Thread

SCDave

I think you have to view each contract on its merits. You can't just dole out a 3 year deal every time someone new comes into the club. You just don't know how a signing is going to turn out.

You have a mooted scenario here where some folk are decrying the club for offering Stevenson "just" a 2 year deal.

Plenty of folk have spent the last 12 months screaming blue murder at how the fuck Omar Daley managed to get as long as a 2 year deal.

True enough about Omar, I guess it comes down to your expectation of a player. I'd be surprised if Stevenson was anything other than solid and therefore happy enough to get on a 3 year deal. Omar we new nothing about really and now we do we're somewhat regretting it. Also happy we got Humphrey on a 3yr despite being hit and miss.

• Like 1

Haggis may well have a point. By all accounts he was all but signed yesterday. Now that may not have been the truth, but something went tits up.

If he goes back to Hearts, then he truly is a thick cnut. After all that happened. I suppose he and the Gorgie faithful will forgive and forget, but virtually every one to a man were calling him what for when he thought he was Fir Park bound. They might have to eat some humble pie......

Would be interesting to know what we offered haggischomper. If we were holding out and.not.offering what we deemed as our best offer for him then its been a mighty mistake.

Also wonder if McCall not being involved at the later stages to talk to talk to him has hindered us.

did he actually have a medical before conclusion of contract talks? Also surely we as a club knew roughly what the player expected so youve got to wonder about our clubs negotiating skills. .

I read we had agreed personal terms. But that means hee-haw if someone comes in after that and offers more.

Given our recent transfers have all happened under the radar, it might be fair to assume that this story was not leaked by us. And if it was leaked by Stevenson or his agent, there's not a lot we can do about that.

Disappointing? Possibly. But I'd hope we didn't have all our eggs in one basket...

Another move, which if sounds in the press have to be believed, we have had positive steps on the football side, but the financial side is where we are falling down, which makes me wonder just how bad a state we are in.

We haven't been able to compete with at least half the SPL for a number of years. We'll never be able to compete with Hearts financially. Even in their new frugal environment.

Im sure I heard on talksport that uefa have given the spl £1m to divide between the clubs for celtic making group stage. With wages freed up, 2 euro ties at home with a premium gate....why are we still fannying about with trying to get in a couple of players?

Honest to fuck, the reserved approach has cost us a better chance to progress in europe, a chance at faddy, and a decent spl signing. We need answers! The board appear to be gambling that the current squad is good enough for top 6, rather than trying to improve.

The clubs reputation is going to take a doing amongst players / agents.

No, I don't think the club can be blamed if an agent or whoever leaks a story. I'm sure we have nicked players in the past, so we can't really complain too much. Hopefully, McCall still has one or two more options left that are still under wraps.

Be funny if Stevenson is unveiled at Fir Park tomorrow, though,