2012/13 Ins & Outs Thread

SCDave

Should try and get a few prem loanee's

As mentioned before good idea, but there are a couple of things that hamper our attempts at this.

The FA do not include 30-93 day loans as a transfers. The registration stays with the parent club, this means in theory a player based in England can play for 11 different clubs as long as he stayed in England. As soon as he moves to a foreign country (which in football terms Scotland is) the 30-93 day thing goes out the window, as does the free playing slot the other English clubs can provide.

Many loan deals now include six, sometimes even seven figure sums being paid by the club wishing to take the player, not to mention 100$ wages by said. If they are of real quality the likelyhood is there possible be a Championship or League 1 club that could both pay the fee, and the wages along with the fact the above could come into play (along with a recall on demand clause - which would be unavailable on a seasonal loan).

The Football League Loan (Transfer?) window ends on 1 April 2013.... leaving these Premier League clubs plenty of time to get their younger players "game time"

Of course, if there is a club out there who wants to put a player on the market - they could do worse than sending to us, as our past in recent times looks ok.

As mentioned before good idea, but there are a couple of things that hamper our attempts at this.

The FA do not include 30-93 day loans as a transfers. The registration stays with the parent club, this means in theory a player based in England can play for 11 different clubs as long as he stayed in England. As soon as he moves to a foreign country (which in football terms Scotland is) the 30-93 day thing goes out the window, as does the free playing slot the other English clubs can provide.

Many loan deals now include six, sometimes even seven figure sums being paid by the club wishing to take the player, not to mention 100$ wages by said. If they are of real quality the likelyhood is there possible be a Championship or League 1 club that could both pay the fee, and the wages along with the fact the above could come into play (along with a recall on demand clause - which would be unavailable on a seasonal loan).

The Football League Loan (Transfer?) window ends on 1 April 2013.... leaving these Premier League clubs plenty of time to get their younger players "game time"

Of course, if there is a club out there who wants to put a player on the market - they could do worse than sending to us, as our past in recent times looks ok.

:blink:

so is any of that new since , Jutkiewicz or Blackman ?

:blink:

so is any of that new since , Jutkiewicz or Blackman ?

Don't know - ask McCall, it basically what he said after the Levante home leg. Also, sure my last line would have summed up those two players deals with us (unless we had close ties with either - which supposedly Brown did with Kean....)

Although not sure if the FA's victory over FIFA was before or after the Juke (regarding ownership of player registration/number of clubs over a season).

I'm always a little disappointed MFC don't take a chance on a player or two from one of the SFL teams. The smaller fees required to get these players, are on the whole, offset through reduced wages.

We dont seem to utilise this market. Anyone know who scouts these leagues for us?

Would expect 1 or 2 signings in the coming days as I doubt we have been in the market for players currently under contract - although I had a sneaky wee feeling we might have for Forsyth on loan.

Disappointed that there hasn't been sufficient interest in our most valuable assets. The lack of offers for Randolph amazes me.

Would expect 1 or 2 signings in the coming days as I doubt we have been in the market for players currently under contract - although I had a sneaky wee feeling we might have for Forsyth on loan.

Disappointed that there hasn't been sufficient interest in our most valuable assets. The lack of offers for Randolph amazes me.

Yeah I suspect Randolph is going to leave on a free in the summer, hope I proven wrong there, and I had definitely thought he was someone who was going to bring us in a substantial(for us) transfer fee.

Being an Motherwell fan on Transfer Deadline Day is like being a Jamacan kid sitting in your shed at tea time and relising you've got a plate full of rice but nae peas......

I demand That post BE Removed. That's Racist.

Suppose as a fan we never want to lose the good players but after years of money concerns, and the re-affirmation at the Well Society meetings that we have to sell regularly, I'm actually a wee bit disappointed that no one has been sold on :(

particularly knowing that so may of them, will now be able to go on pre contracts in January and the others will approaching their last year so will have reduced valuations

and with no one in, a year extension for one or two would have been nice

I trust the board received offers and considered them to be below valuations, in that we couldn't replace players for the difference between the offer this week or expectations in January

Think we need to explore longer contracts for our sellable players, but at the same time, think if you look around at what players get 'sold' the very model is looking vunerable

Agree with all of this. Amazed no-one else fancies Randolph, he'd be relatively cheap for almost anyone.