2012/13 Ins & Outs Thread

SCDave

I had a couple of St Mirren fans as colleagues around his time in Paisley.

Curiously enough they generally cast admiring glances at our own Stephen Hughes when I cursed Dorman for another goal against us saying that Dorman was good an occasional spectacular goal but not a huge amount else in between.

I'm not sure about his all round game but 19 goals in 87 SPL games from midfield is good by anyone's standards, add in the fact he played in a team like St.Mirren playing the way they did under MacPherson only adds to this. His record of SPL goals is superior to that of Ryan Stevenson who some on here were wanking themselves silly over the prospect of signing(Stevenson also played for a superior team in a more advanced position). From what I remember of Dorman he had the knack of ghosting past players and getting into the right areas in and round the box and he could certainly finish.

Anyway just something I've heard, might not be true but he's certainly somebody worth looking at and it would make sense as he's not too dissimilar to Stevenson who we were keen to sign.

So do teams have to declare squads now for the season or part of it? how does that work for signing free agents? i remember when football was a much less complicated sport.

In SPL no. In other like Spain, Portugal, England, The SFL etc. aye

Going off topic slightly but....

As for how it works, for example in Spain, in the top league you are allowed 25 players - 3 of which must be goalkeepers. All players are then usually given a squad number between 1-25 (keepers must have 1, 13 and 25). Anyone who is 18 or below on the 1 January of that year (ala January 2012) may be added to the squad without taking up a one of the 25. If you do not fill you quota of 25 by 1 September of the season, then you can add to it with free transfers. Registration re-sets on 31 December till the end of the transfer window