2012/13 Ins & Outs Thread

SCDave

Perhaps we've made enough recently not to have to sell? I trust McCall, if he says the squad is good enough, it is - I think Thursday showed we actually do have a bit of depth to the team as we've some really good young players about.

Take it Faddy hasnt found a club yet? Not that it matters given he is a free agent, but how long is he going to leave it before he starts playing football again? Realise he probably wont sign for us, just want him back playing to give him a chance of getting back in the dark blue.

You know I dont know if I would be adverse to Faddy signing for Celtic, watching him play in the group stages if the Champions League and get back into the Scotland squad...

Tin hat on...

I can see why some Scotland fans would want McFadden playing again so he can get back in the Scotland squad. Thing you Scotland fans have to remember is that with Levein in charge, he's got no chance...

Faddy has to come back seeing as he canny find another club

Nonsense. Faddy's search for a new club will start properly today. There would have been no point in him jumping at offers (unless lucrative) while the transfer window was still open. Now it's shut, he can hopefully attract the attention of decent clubs who missed out on their transfer/loan targets during the summer and instead have to turn to the free agents market. I'd be genuinely surprised if he's not registered for a Championship club by the end of the month, albeit as a squad player perhaps.

The fact we haven't lost anyone is kind of bittersweet. I'm not sure if losing a player in the summer is better than losing one in January, but it always feels that way.

Maybe it's the fact that there always seems to be more players kicking about that are looking for clubs in the summer.

How successful this transfer window has been will depend on contract extensions.

If we didn't sign anyone and the money is used to entice Randolph et al to sign contract extensions, happy days and well played Motherwell FC.

If we didn't sign anyone and we lose Randolph et al on January pre-contract deals, well, you know...

• Like 1