2012/13 Ins & Outs Thread

SCDave

It's a strange move for him really, was surprised myself when I heard. I'm sure he'll be getting almost EPL wages, but I would not want to be a player at Blackburn at the moment...

Money talks. no matter how bad a condition the team is in. I'd like to think I'd be the same but if they more than double my wages then I'll more than happily sign in the dotted line.

That's the big German centre half McGhee was after

Talking about McGhee and his German contacts.

It looks like he does have them and they are happy for them to play in League 2. As Felix Magath recommneded a young striker he has taken on loan. Scored their 2nd at the weekend. After Clarky got the 1st.

So does that mean that the Germans didn't think the SPL was good enough even with Sevco in it?

In my opinion we've done well to hold off from panic signings. We're in a good position in the league and we've got almost a full squad to choose from. Saunders is the only injury and we've got enough cover at the back without him.

Free agents will now be beginning to lower their expectations so we can now hopefully get a better standard of player if we're in the market to make a signing.

How can all these teams like dundee,ross county,hibs etc afford all these players wages and afford transfer fees and we cant?

I can't think of any players that they've signed that I'd drop a Motherwell player for. Just because they are making signings doesn't make them better than us.

Trust in the Manager he knows what he's doing!

How can all these teams like dundee,ross county,hibs etc afford all these players wages and afford transfer fees and we cant?

We can. This isn't transfer window Supermarket Sweep where managers race around trying to fill up their trolleys with as many football players as possible before the time runs out. McCall hasn't found anyone worth signing, I'm perfectly happy with that.

We need to sign JAMES MCFADDEN!!!

No we don't.

We need to sign JAMES MCFADDEN!!!

Tend to agree with Jay on this one, unless James McFadden has turned into a tough tackling midfielder, then we don't ned to sign him.

As I said around the transfer deadline, I'm glad we didn't bring someone in for the sake of having another body. Money is tigh so let's not waste a wage on someone who won't improve the team. Could Mark Kerr have done a job? Possibly. Better than Carswell or Hetherington? Possibly, given his experience, he'd have performed on a more consistent level than them this season. But if these two young guys can come in and play a fair few games and we can survive this season, the long term benefits will outweigh the points having the likes of Mark Kerr in the squad would have won us this season...