2012/13 Ins & Outs Thread

SCDave

Tribunal in summer would probably give us 100k minimum plus percentage sell on. Will depend who thinks which is better, that or take the money now?

If we can agree a fee now, that would probably suit us. We are out of both cups and any quick income would be much appreciated. I wish Jamie well and I hope that time down south is more successful than our recent exports.

Looks pretty certain, person on twitter who was a match sponsor at motherwell game just tweeted:

Gee Moore [!]8207;@The_Fat_Nadal

Sheffield United signing Jamie Murphy guys just told me himself smile.gif

@AlexUTB yes buddy I was match sponsor at Motherwell game, he said an emotional goodbye and Is heading to the blades

Getting all the Sheffield United fans tweeting at me lol, yes ur signing Murphy

I've seen Porter play a few times for United, to be honest I'm not sure he's the player we all remember due to a succession of bad injuries. I'm also not sure he's the player we need at this moment of time when you consider our tight finances, his big wage, his injury proneness in the last 4 years and the fact we already have Higdon..

In the 4 years since he left us he's played only 110 games and scored just 19 goals.

I loved him when he was here too and there's no doubt he was a cracking player for us but will he be the same player he was and is he what we need right now?

Porter has not even been on the bench the last two games for Sheffield so he is off somewhere, possibly us! Would rather have him than that donkey Higdon. I could have scored his two chances today with my eyes shut.

Bit OTT with the remark about Higdon .I wonder where we would be in the table without him this season .

If you look at Porter's injury record prior to joining us and since leaving us, it's difficult to escape the feeling that we had the best of him. Not to say we couldn't again but seems unlikely.

But for me it'd be a pointless signing. I remember when we had Porter and Sutton and they never looked like a partnership. Can't see Porter and Higdon being any different. As much as I loved Porter when he was with us, someone like Higginbottom would be a better option.

Having said that, I'd be tempted to play Ojaama on the wing and pair McHugh with Higdon and spend any wages freed up on other areas of the team..

I sincerely hope the out of contract players show honesty and a little openness with our fans. If they are looking to move on or have a deal arranged then please don't tell us they would like to stay/the club won't speak to them etc etc. In the past quite a few or their agents have deceived sections of the support into turning on MFC but in fairness a few others have behaved impeccably.

Looks pretty certain, person on twitter who was a match sponsor at motherwell game just tweeted:

Sheffield United signing Jamie Murphy guys just told me himself smile.gif

@AlexUTB yes buddy I was match sponsor at Motherwell game, he said an emotional goodbye and Is heading to the blades

Getting all the Sheffield United fans tweeting at me lol, yes ur signing Murphy

Have you looked at his twitter profile? He's a young guy who is a student and a Killy fan now ask yourself if anyone would tell him anything.

That having said I do think Murph is destined for pastures new , so long Jamie and Thanks for everything you really are a class act.

I sincerely hope the out of contract players show honesty and a little openness with our fans. If they are looking to move on or have a deal arranged then please don't tell us they would like to stay/the club won't speak to them etc etc. In the past quite a few or their agents have deceived sections of the support into turning on MFC but in fairness a few others have behaved impeccably.

I think that's easier said than done. I've got a lot of sympathy for players and managers when they are asked about contracts and moves because you've got to choose your words very carefully. Most, if not all players will be open to a move if it's to the right team and for the right amount of money. It doesn't mean they don't want to stay at the club or that they are actively looking for a move. It's just the reality of the game and of work in general.

I imagine some players might be hoping for a move if they feel they can develop as a footballer elsewhere, earn more money or it might even be for personal or family reasons. That move might happen next week or it might happen in 2 years time but in the meantime they'll keep giving everything for Motherwell FC. I imagine they'd quickly become MFC enemy number one if don't approach that one with a bit of tact and caution.

It's a fine line. Just look at McGhee. I think his 'whoring' as some put it was actually him trying to be absolutely honest with the fans about his ambitions. Honest to the point of stupidity/insensitivity maybe, but honest nonetheless.

I just wonder exactly what stage the Murphy deal is at.

Sheffield Utd's interest hasn't been a secret for a couple of weeks now and I got the impression it all seemed a bit of a fformality he was going there.

But has a deal actually been agreed between the clubs and terms by SU and Murph and they are just waiting on the window opening?

Chat about Porter or SU youngsters being makeweights and speculation of interest from Crystal Palace hopefully means not.

I hope we haven't committed prematurely to a deal where with his recent excellent form, this supposed interest from Palace and the fact Sky Sports News are currently telling the world of his availability every 15 minutes that we might be able to squeeze an extra few quid out of his departure.

From the reports earlier in the week it seemed like United were going to have to up their offer. I'm sure negotiations are in place, but they were far advanced last year too with Blackpool.

It does seem, however,that we need to sell, but I wouldn't be surprised to see other bids come in for Murph before it's all signed and sealed.