2012/13 Ins & Outs Thread

SCDave

That's disappointing, if not entirely unexpected, news about Jenno.

Given, if I remember rightly, he had only ever signed one year deals and both renewals were after a period of deliberation I had quietly hoped this summer would be the same. Not to be though it seems.

I've enjoyed his contribution over the past three seasons and wish him well, although I may well retract that if he pops up at Aberdeen or Hibs....

I would hope we use the funds that were set aside to find a like-for-like replacement. Carswell is being gradually introduced but ready for the rigours of a full campaign yet? Remains to be seen. Hateley and Law are both options also alongside Lasley but I feel we've got the best from them at right back and out wide respectively and I think would weaken us elsewhere.

The thought of going into the Champions League with Carswell partnering Lasley gives me the fear...

And the thought of Hateley in the middle gives me a similar feeling. Law moving into the centre works as a stop-gap type solution but wouldn't want it being a permanent thing.

as it stands we will be relying heavily on the young guys pushing through

starting 11 the now?

Higdon/Murphy

Daley/Law/Lasely/Hump

Hammell/Hutch/Saunders/Hately

Randolph

Subs: Hollis, Ojamma, Page, Carswell, McHugh, devlin? +1 other

He says in the video we can bring in one player and it will have to be a centre half

Simon Ramsden is a right back but can play in a few positions but that leaves us still incredibly short of cover

Nothing said about loan signings though!

Just out of interest btw if we did sign McFadden :P where would you play him? left mid or up front?

And the thought of Hateley in the middle gives me a similar feeling.

Agreed, unless it's part of a 5 man midfield. His only good midfield performances came in a 5 man midfield. I actually think we'll line up something like this for our CL games...

Randolph

Saunders

Page

Hutchy

Hammell

Ojamaa

Law

Hateley

Lasley

Murphy

Higgy

with Hateley sitting in midfield in a 4-1-4-1 type position. That defence is a bit on the inexperienced side too when you think of it, eh?

PS if we sign Faddy swap Higgy for the legend himself and we'll fuck over anyone and everyone!

To be honest, the thought of going into the CL with anyone in our midfield other than Xavi and David Silva gives me the fear...at least if Jenno had stayed we would have left a few bruises along the way.

Now? Hmm.

You're just being ridiculous.

David Silva's shite whistling.gif

Forget Faddy.... He aint going to drop 10/15k a week to play for Motherwell.... Yes good player, but way out of our wage structure, unless he does a Rangers on us and plays without wages for 6 months. His life style wont allow for sentiment.. im sure!

as it stands we will be relying heavily on the young guys pushing through

starting 11 the now?

Higdon/Murphy

Daley/Law/Lasely/Hump

Hammell/Hutch/Saunders/Hately

Randolph

Subs: Hollis, Ojamma, Page, Carswell, McHugh, devlin? +1 other

He says in the video we can bring in one player and it will have to be a centre half

Simon Ramsden is a right back but can play in a few positions but that leaves us still incredibly short of cover

Nothing said about loan signings though!

Just out of interest btw if we did sign McFadden :P where would you play him? left mid or up front?

Daley should be nowhere near the first team. It's a pity we don't have another midfielder ready to start as I'd like to see us accommodate Ojamaa, perhaps operating just behind the strikers and alternating with Murph?

Although I suppose, necessity is the mother of invention - we needed guys like Faddy and Pearo at the time to step up and do a job, so we just have to hope Carswell can step up. Looking at the squad list on the official site, replacements are thin on the ground.

We simply have to sign a replacement for Jennings if we're to do anything of note at all this season.

As an aside...Nicky Law's hair? huh.gif

Agreed, unless it's part of a 5 man midfield. His only good midfield performances came in a 5 man midfield. I actually think we'll line up something like this for our CL games...

Randolph

Saunders

Page

Hutchy

Hammell

Ojamaa

Law

Hateley

Lasley

Murphy

Higgy

with Hateley sitting in midfield in a 4-1-4-1 type position. That defence is a bit on the inexperienced side too when you think of it, eh?

PS if we sign Faddy swap Higgy for the legend himself and we'll fuck over anyone and everyone!

You're just being ridiculous.

David Silva's shite whistling.gif

Drop Higgy.... 3-3 Rangers team would do me!

someone track him down, get him to the pub and get him to sign a ridiculous contract :laugh:

if law goes into midfield who else but Daley is going to be playing on that wing? unless we push hammell up there and put in page? or drop murphy to there and have ojamma/hig up front?

what eve way we look at this without a new midfield player we are going to struggle, a few injuries and it could become more than just a struggle!

:huh:

I was kind of presuming:

----------------Higdon------------

Law---------------------------Humphrey

---------Carswell-Hateley-Lasley---------

Hammell---Hutchinson----Saunders---Devlin?

------------------Randolph---------------

That work for anyone? Or drop Hateley to Full-back, Law in the middle, McFadden wide...?

no murphy!?

best line up the now if we don't sign anyone i think is

---------------Higdon

-------------------------Murphy

Law----- Lasley----Carswell-----hump

hammell-- hutch---saunders---hately

---------------randolph---------------

or if we sign faddy we could go something like this

------------------------------------mcfadden

hammell-hutch-saunders-las-law-carswell-murphy-hump-hately

--------------------------------------randolph

• Like 1