Hearts Vs Motherwell Discussion Thread

David

We couldn't be going into this game in a better position really, having seen United drop points and putting five past St Johnstone.

I don't think there'll be much for McCall to do as far as team selection goes, as it has to be the same eleven who started today. Just a case of keeping things ticking over until Tuesday I reckon.

This is yet another massive game. Despite all hte moaning etc on here what a season this has been...........lost count of the number of massive games. For the most part the team has stepped up to the plate. Just one more time please lads!!!!!

Even just 1 point will mean Utd have to beat at least 1 of the old firm teams to make our last game of the season mean anything. Of course if we get 3 points off Hearts then Utd have to win all 3 remaining games. Thats a lot of pressure!!

I'd drop Higgy and bring in Ojamaa who looked back to his sharp self again today. Get Murphy and Henrik running the Hearts backline ragged.

Of course, McCall won't do this :rolleyes:

Dropping Higdon :doh: There is a reason why McCall won't do it... because it would be idiotic

You not think maybe his sharpness might have had something to do with the fact it was like the 80th minute....

A great result today and the actual scoreline did not go down well in Dundee. Still there's a long way to go and it'll be a huge ask to pick up a point at Tynecastle. A big game for us and I've decided to go there for the first time a few years. The lads will need every little bit of support we can muster.

Hearts will see this game as a huge chance to steal a march on St Johnstone in the race for fifth and qualifying for Europe, just in case Hibernian beat them in the cup final. They also played pretty well yesterday though Beattie pulling up is probably a help given his record against us. If we defend properly I feel we are a team with goals in us just now. I'd love to win but if it transpires it is a draw then I'll not be gutted.

Huge game that could confirm third place with the right combination of results.

As I've said before I'd like us to tie it up as soon as possible to remove the possibility of Dundee Utd knicking it on the last day.

Hearts have the best home record outside the OF but they have also lost at home to all the other Top 6 sides this season so that should give us a glimmer of hope.

I think we should approach this games almost as if it was a Final. It's a one off, let's try and win.

If we can beat Hearts and Dundee Utd fail to beat Rangers then its done and dusted. If we draw and Dundee Utd fail to beat Rangers it makes it difficult for Utd. However Utd do have a good record against Rangers lately and I don't think its impossible that they could pick up a point or even win which has always been my big worry going into these final matches. Other teams get points against the OF and we don't.

Rudi Skacel seems to be in fine form at the moment so he will be their biggest danger to us.

Templeton is likely to get a runout so hopefully Hateley is ready for him this time.

Hearts created a bundle of chances yesterday and have plenty of attacking options. If Jennings and Lasley can get the better of Black and Barr (??) then hopefully Law, Murphy and Humphrey are given the platform to run riot.

While Hearts are chasing 5th, they will naturally have one eye on the final. Hopefully we show that we want it more than them.

It would be magic going to Ibrox on Saturday with CL football secured.