Hearts Vs Motherwell Discussion Thread

David

Anyone else think a point makes no difference?

we are 5 points ahead with 9 points to play for.

Dundee will not draw the to old firm games no way. I can see them beating Rangers and Celtic beating them at very best, therefore, max is 3 points. if we get a point tonight that will leave us 3 points ahead of them at the last game. Meaning last game still a decider

We lose tonight we will be 2 points ahead (worst case) still last game a decider.

We win tonight..GAME OVER

dont understand this talk of a point will do..I dont think it would change anything...Am I wrong?

Yeah, point doesn't really help massively. If United beat Rangers and us, they're in.

If we win, they're not going to beat Rangers, Celtic and us. I just can't see it.

You're right, a point doesn't help much mathematically. But a point from Tynecastle is never a bad result these days, and it would serve to keep our confidence levels up going into the deciders.

A win would do likewise, of course :)

really looking forward to this. Think we will win 1-0 with a goal in the first 15 mins then having to hold on for the rest of the game. Really hope Beattie is out for tonight. Just hope Las keeps his head when he sees black tonight.

Jambo workmate told me this morning that Beattie is out of tonight's game - a real bonus if it's true, though it might bring that twat Skacel in to the reckoning if he isn't already.

MON RA DOSSERS

On the BBC website, the webpage for the game, first line:

"Hearts striker Craig Beattie will miss Tuesday's match after suffering a hamstring strain during Saturday's 2-2 draw at Dundee United."

Also:

"Midfielder Ian Black continues to nurse a hernia problem that will require surgery, while Jamie Hamill and Adrian Mrowiec are out with knee injuries."

Some saying a point tonight won't help much. It may be the differnce of CL or not. That would put us 6 ahead. So Utd would ahve t beat at least one of the OF and us. if they tie both celtic and rangers then we go into the last game having clinched CL spotb eing 4 points ahead instead of only 3 ahead and ahving to grind out a draw or a win on the last day.