Straight Question To The Board Of Mfc Re. Rangers Newco

Steve Diggle

147 members have voted

1. 1. Should The NEWCO Be Allowed Back Into The SPL?

After what we know, I won't be back at any SPL games if a new company are granted SPL status (this was originally my stance, anyway)

It's a disgrace, pure and simple

I would like to see every club come out and state that they would vote "No" in this scenario

It's a choice between right and wrong, really

WHO DO THEY THINK THEY ARE FOOLING? YOU?

He played for the buns during the period which resulted in the situation they find themseoves in now. What do you expect the guy to say ffs. If Hearts were in a similar position expect similar comments from JJ regardless of who his current employer is.

Don't we allow our manager to express a personal opinion? He gives 100% for MFC and will continue to do so for as long as he is with us and I don't have a problem with him expressing opinions on previous employers.

• Like 1

He played for the buns during the period which resulted in the situation they find themseoves in now. What do you expect the guy to say ffs. If Hearts were in a similar position expect similar comments from JJ regardless of who his current employer is.

Don't we allow our manager to express a personal opinion? He gives 100% for MFC and will continue to do so for as long as he is with us and I don't have a problem with him expressing opinions on previous employers.

There is a difference between personal opinion like "it is a shame what has happened to Rangers"

and

flat out lying to the fans of the club that employ you by saying "But that would be the end for Scottish football — there certainly wouldn't be any TV deals"

Expressing a personal opinion in a national newspaper which is the opposite of a large number of supporters (his current employers?) and doesn't exactly go along with the official position put out by the club is disappointing to say the least.

The fact is that as a football manager any comments you make in interviews are seen as official comments coming out of the club and I would suggest that coming out with what is frankly lies and scaremongering is ill advised on his part.

My one issue with McCall has reared it's ugly head again. Great manager but a fucking Rangers sympathiser bar none.

Why are all these managers coming out and saying this week in week out when each week we find Rangers scale of cheating is now enormous?

McCall has went way down in my estimations after this debacle.

I've already cancelled my 'Well Society membership due to the clubs dithering over the carry on in Govan but I was hoping it would work out for the best and I could rejoin. I think it's now getting to a stage that the relationship between the fans and those at the club could be on the ropes and even if the SPL/SFA do eventually grow a pair and kill them off like they deserve then I will always be in no doubt about what Motherwell FC's stance has been all along. I'm afraid the 'we will consult our fans' line doesn't really wash with me - which is a shame because we've been riding on the crest of a wave for 18 months and I did like those in charge.

Hope I'm wrong obviously but time will tell.

ETA: Oh aye, and no more 'Stuart McCall's Motherwell Army' from me - when they offer you the job for the Newco don't worry about us Stuart.

• Like 1

If Stuart McCall's comments in The Sun are representative of the clubs thinking it looks like we'll be voting in a Newco :-

McCall admits Rangers' loss has been Motherwell's gain and he sympathises. He added: "They're going through hell but it does not just have an impact on them — it has an impact on the whole of Scottish football.

"Without Rangers the league would be knackered.

"I know a lot of supporters are saying they should be liquidated and come back as a new club in division three.

"But that would be the end for Scottish football — there certainly wouldn't be any TV deals and the element of competition would vanish because Celtic would walk away with the SPL.

"Financially speaking, Rangers mean a lot to us because of the revenue that comes into the coffers when we play them. The SPL without Rangers is unthinkable and I'm sure lots of clubs would go to the wall without them."

Whats McCall playing at? Why even comment on it, he must know the feeling amongst his own support. Am I the only one who thinks there is an ongoing agenda within media/SPL to bombard fans of other clubs about a doomsday scenario for Scottish football with Rangers not in SPL. Over the last few weeks every fan is being buttered up by a manager/player/chairman from there club to accept Rangers going bust is the worst thing that could ever happen . I for one can see through it and are beginning to question why I should even bother with Professional football in Scotland !

I for one can see through it and are beginning to question why I should even bother with Professional football in Scotland !

I'm thinking about following an Italian team, far less corruption in football there...

Stupid comments from SMc and showing his colours a bit to much there and this crap about the league not being competitive without the buns is becoming annoying! It becomes more competitive for the rest of us is what he should be saying as we all battle for second and the windfall it brings!

Look at how exciting the race for the Champions League spot was and and one point it could have been anyone from four clubs and you can't tell me that's not what fans want to see every year....

Stuart McCall is once again spot on with his comments, and I am as I always have been 100% right behind the gaffer .Its a sad day when a guy who brings champions league football to Motherwell is lambasted by his own fans for speaking the truth.

I hope this is a poor attempt at sarcasm because I see no "truth" in there whatsoever

• Like 1

"But that would be the end for Scottish football — there certainly wouldn't be any TV deals"

Strictly speaking, this isn't a lie, yes, but unless McCall has a magic crystal ball that reveals the future it's hardly truthful either. It's conjecture pure and simple, and reactionary conjecture at that.

Whether you agree with McCall or not, these comments are inconsiderate and poorly timed, given the clubs concerted efforts to try and appear impartial on this matter. I would bet that Leanne Dempster for one will be just as annoyed as most of the folk on here that McCall has seen fit to wade on on this one.

I don't do "poor attempts" at anything ,and I don't see any lies in Stuarts comments.

"Without Rangers the league would be knackered." - pure speculation, there are many with the view that there would be a more level playing field and more competition without Rangers and therefore the league would be the opposite of knackered.

"But that would be the end for Scottish football — there certainly wouldn't be any TV deals and the element of competition would vanish because Celtic would walk away with the SPL. - not true, as has been posted several times there are leagues with lower audiences / budgets / entertainment levels with TV deals so why would we not have one? The element of competition would only vanish for Celtic assuming none of the other teams pushed on and challenged them and the fact a team could be gubbed 4 times by Celtic but win the majority of their other games means it's not unthinkable. Right now Celtic and Rangers walk away so why does it make a difference to us if it's just Celtic?

"Financially speaking, Rangers mean a lot to us because of the revenue that comes into the coffers when we play them. The SPL without Rangers is unthinkable and I'm sure lots of clubs would go to the wall without them." - Not true, many can think of an SPL without Rangers (I certainly can) where clubs adjust their budgets accordingly and get back to developing Scottish talent at an affordable level. The part about clubs going to the wall is also just pure speculation.