Straight Question To The Board Of Mfc Re. Rangers Newco

Steve Diggle

147 members have voted

1. 1. Should The NEWCO Be Allowed Back Into The SPL?

from a report on the stv website

"....Aidan O'Neill QC, for the SFA, said the tribunal had sought to find a punishment or sanction which would fit the breach. He added: "They did not want to be in a situation of giving a sanction which is not effective and not dissuasive or a disproportionate sanction which is suspension or expulsion." He told the court it was understood within the sport that a ban preventing the registration of new players was a sanction.Mr O’Neill added: "We don't want a clunky reading of these rules which means either we have a useless sanction or a nuclear option. That is just nonsensical." He argued that the tribunal had properly applied its mind to come up with what it considered to an effective and proportionate outcome. "This club brought the game into disrepute because it did not pay its taxes, among other things," he said......"

I hope that if they win the case on the grounds that the punishment isn't a recognised punishment that the SFA then say "ok we have looked at it again to find a sanction which is within the rules and guess what - your expelled!"

from a report on the stv website

"....Aidan O'Neill QC, for the SFA, said the tribunal had sought to find a punishment or sanction which would fit the breach. He added: "They did not want to be in a situation of giving a sanction which is not effective and not dissuasive or a disproportionate sanction which is suspension or expulsion." He told the court it was understood within the sport that a ban preventing the registration of new players was a sanction.Mr O'Neill added: "We don't want a clunky reading of these rules which means either we have a useless sanction or a nuclear option. That is just nonsensical." He argued that the tribunal had properly applied its mind to come up with what it considered to an effective and proportionate outcome. "This club brought the game into disrepute because it did not pay its taxes, among other things," he said......"

I hope that if they win the case on the grounds that the punishment isn't a recognised punishment that the SFA then say "ok we have looked at it again to find a sanction which is within the rules and guess what - your expelled!"

That would be poetic justice indeed. :thumbup:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/17874407

Rangers and Cellic fans are forever telling us we'd be reduced to the levels of the Welsh league without them, but at looks as though the League of Wales has a bit of baws when it comes to dealing with member clubs, maybe we should be aiming to follow their lead after all.

http://www.bbc.co.uk...otball/17874407

Rangers and Cellic fans are forever telling us we'd be reduced to the levels of the Welsh league without them, but at looks as though the League of Wales has a bit of baws when it comes to dealing with member clubs, maybe we should be aiming to follow their lead after all.

Although a side issue, the League of Wales claim is one that gets on my tits big time. I can sort of see the thought process behind using the League of Ireland as an example for an argument about the need for the Old Firm, but the Welsh claim is just so unfounded its unreal.

The Irish league is not a comparison either. The Scottish first division pulls in bigger crowds than the Irish league. Another example of myths being perpetuated to generate fear by the old firm and their cronies.

I don't know on what planet the SPL would be anywhere near the Irish or Welsh Leagues without the Old Firm.

You here these comparisons all the time and it's completely ridiculous. Obviously the Irish league is a bit closer than the Welsh but both are way out.

Last seasons attendance figures:

SPL............. 13,865

SPL (minus OF)... 6,904

SFL Division 1... 2,290

Ireland.......... 1,613

SFL Division 2..... 605

SFL Division 3..... 475

Welsh P.L. ........ 329

The fact that you hear this dross from some of our supposed experts and "respected" journalists is pretty scary to be honest.

• Like 2

I don't know on what planet the SPL would be anywhere near the Irish or Welsh Leagues without the Old Firm.

You here these comparisons all the time and it's completely ridiculous. Obviously the Irish league is a bit closer than the Welsh but both are way out.

Last seasons attendance figures:

SPL............. 13,865

SPL (minus OF)... 6,904

SFL Division 1... 2,290

Ireland.......... 1,613

SFL Division 2..... 605

SFL Division 3..... 475

Welsh P.L. ........ 329

The fact that you hear this dross from some of our supposed experts and "respected" journalists is pretty scary to be honest.

Proof of their hidden agenda I'd say, surely a 'respected journalist' couldn't be so far away from being remotely accurate in their investigations?

Proof of their hidden agenda I'd say, surely a 'respected journalist' couldn't be so far away from being remotely accurate in their investigations?

Quite funny when Graham Spiers came out with the line on the Off the Ball the other day.

Cosgrove (who was actually aware of these numbers) got absolutely tore into him for talking shite.

I'm not sure it's an agenda to be fair, but the succulant lamb brigade have been so used to being spoon fed stories from David Murray for so long that they don't actually remeber how to investigate anything before spewing it out on radio/tv/papers as fact.

Sports Journalism in Scotland has got to be the worst in the world.

Quite funny when Graham Spiers came out with the line on the Off the Ball the other day.

Cosgrove (who was actually aware of these numbers) got absolutely tore into him for talking shite.

I'm not sure it's an agenda to be fair, but the succulant lamb brigade have been so used to being spoon fed stories from David Murray for so long that they don't actually remeber how to investigate anything before spewing it out on radio/tv/papers as fact.

Sports Journalism in Scotland has got to be the worst in the world.

You could be right but reading some of the comments from yon Channel 4 guy about local hacks warning him off and even threatening him makes me think agenda is about right. I believe they are as complicit as Murray and Whyte and everyone else in office who turned a blind eye to these shenanigans just cos it was The Rainjurs.

You could be right but reading some of the comments from yon Channel 4 guy about local hacks warning him off and even threatening him makes me think agenda is about right. I believe they are as complicit as Murray and Whyte and everyone else in office who turned a blind eye to these shenanigans just cos it was The Rainjurs.

Well hopefully everything gets exposed over the next few months.

Would be good if Young, Traynor, Keevins and the rest all got exposed and Record/Sun/BBC/Clyde etc get the opportunity to clear the decks. Get rid of them all.

There must be young upcoming journalists that would do a better job than these clowns.

Well hopefully everything gets exposed over the next few months.

Would be good if Young, Traynor, Keevins and the rest all got exposed and Record/Sun/BBC/Clyde etc get the opportunity to clear the decks. Get rid of them all.

There must be young upcoming journalists that would do a better job than these clowns.

Oh yes, I like the sound of that, unfortunately young up and coming journos have probably already been influenced these tired old hacks into keeping the old ways chuntering along. We can but hope though. :thumbup:

If Stuart McCall's comments in The Sun are representative of the clubs thinking it looks like we'll be voting in a Newco :-

McCall admits Rangers' loss has been Motherwell's gain and he sympathises. He added: "They're going through hell but it does not just have an impact on them — it has an impact on the whole of Scottish football.

"Without Rangers the league would be knackered.

"I know a lot of supporters are saying they should be liquidated and come back as a new club in division three.

"But that would be the end for Scottish football — there certainly wouldn't be any TV deals and the element of competition would vanish because Celtic would walk away with the SPL.

"Financially speaking, Rangers mean a lot to us because of the revenue that comes into the coffers when we play them. The SPL without Rangers is unthinkable and I'm sure lots of clubs would go to the wall without them."

• Like 1

"But that would be the end for Scottish football — there certainly wouldn't be any TV deals and the element of competition would vanish because Celtic would walk away with the SPL.

Honestly, who gives a fuck if there aren't any TV deals?! If you want to watch a game of football, then got to a fucking football stadium at 3.00pm on a fucking Saturday afternoon. It really should be that simple.

Yes, TV revenue money will be lost, but it will be lost by all clubs, not just us so they'll be no different to us in that respect. We will all just need to cut our cloths accordingly.

If our manager has came out and said that, in that context, then that for me is really, really fucking disappointing.

• Like 1

Why don't we just allow Rangers and Celtic to do what they like. If their happy to give the rest of the diddy teams in the league some scraps to keep the league going until they get the opportunity to leave for something "better", so be it, because it would appear we're in that situation just now, with everybody bending over to get happily shafted by the bigot brothers. All we get from the "unbiased" press is that it would be a disaster if Rangers were not in the Premier League. Now our own manager is saying the same. Lets forget what Rangers have been doing, come back all is forgiven. They all seem to forget the strength of feeling shown by all fans of all clubs about allowing them to just walz away into the sunset, putting two fingers up to all of us, and basically getting away with anything they like. Now even their fans think they can blackmail Scottish football, by threatening boycotts if anyone dares to sanctions on their beloved cheats (sorry Rangers).Everybody in the media is a prophet of doom about the future, so I say let's just crawl back into our holes and let them do what they like because it would appear our voice will not be heard.

I've just had a thought, why don't all the supporters of all the other clubs threaten to boycott all Rangers games home and away, and maybe the powers that be (who is that anyway!) will listen then.

Honestly, who gives a fuck if there aren't any TV deals?! If you want to watch a game of football, then got to a fucking football stadium at 3.00pm on a fucking Saturday afternoon. It really should be that simple.

Yes, TV revenue money will be lost, but it will be lost by all clubs, not just us so they'll be no different to us in that respect. We will all just need to cut our cloths accordingly.

If our manager has came out and said that, in that context, then that for me is really, really fucking disappointing.

The thing is though, there will be a TV deal so McCall is scaremongering along with the rest of the gutter press and money grabbing chairman. I am very disappointed in him to say the very least.

This +1. FFS Motherwell grow a pair, you and the fans have been cheated for years and now we are voting to keep being cheated year after year. Talk about being out of touch with your fan base. :doh:

its that kind of pish in the sun that makes me pray every time we go for a new manager that they have no old firm connections. The amount of garbage in that article is frightning and it makes the club look bad

The Blue Square has a TV deal. The Northern Irish League has a TV deal. Why would there suddenly be no deal for a Rangerless SPL? A less lucrative deal yes, but no deal is fucking nonsense

I totally agree. But why the fuck should it matter? And why the fuck are the powers that be deciding what should happen on the basis of whether or not there will be a TV deal and how much that TV deal is likely to be?

It's a complete and utter fucking shambles.

I very rarely attend Old Firm games now anyway due to the fucking shite that comes with it, but all along during this whole fucking fuck up, I was of the opinion I'd be still attending the games against the remainder of the teams in the SPL.

But it's fucking comments like that - and "allegedly" from our own fucking manager - that makes me sway the way a number of posters on here are swaying and just walk away from it all and let them get on with it.

If Stuart McCall's comments in The Sun are representative of the clubs thinking it looks like we'll be voting in a Newco :-

McCall admits Rangers' loss has been Motherwell's gain and he sympathises. He added: "They're going through hell but it does not just have an impact on them — it has an impact on the whole of Scottish football.

"Without Rangers the league would be knackered.

"I know a lot of supporters are saying they should be liquidated and come back as a new club in division three.

"Financially speaking, Rangers mean a lot to us because of the revenue that comes into the coffers when we play them. The SPL without Rangers is unthinkable and I'm sure lots of clubs would go to the wall without them."

way to loose the fans backing dash2.gif