Champions League Simplified

B.K.

It's a few more quid than I was expecting but if this is what it takes to raise some more money for the club in a season where we will have less than we thought (regardless of vote) then so be it!

Get behind your club and get your hand in your pocket and invite everyone you know - let them make the decision if it is too much or not.

Because the person responsible for putting the information on the website, i.e. me, has been at an SPL commercial meeting all day and just recently got back to the office.

The approved tickets meant the girls in the office could sell to people coming in which they did.

There is nothing more 'sinister' in it than that I am afraid....

'Flow

blink.gif Is there such a thing..?? now I know you are making things up evilgrin.giflaugh1.gif

Correct me if I'm wrong but this is a Champions league qualifier. As much as we like to believe we are in it proper, we are not and £30 is ridiculous imo.

no need to correct you, you are spot on

I'm astounded that the club think this is OK and it just adds the the serious doubt in the board, £25 would've been questionable £30 is an insult, I've been looking to put extra into the club, as I said I would but we really need the extra income from casual attenders and new attenders and this pricing goes against everything that the clubs been working on

who do they honestly think make up the 10,000+ attendances we've been lucky to have in Europe

regulars bringing along brothers, sisters, wifes, girlfriends, boyfriends, neighbours, kids & their pals, work colleagues with a passing interest etc

I can see the reaction now to , tickets on sale for a wee European night at Fir Park, you interested? Aye, how much this year? just £30? Whit? fuck that!

Don't get me wrong, I agree the prices are pretty hefty and I'm pretty disappointed myself - but given we're only days away from being told we're fucked financially regardless of what happens with Rangers and that all fans need to club together and probably part with extra cash to get us through, it seems a bit mental that there's such a backlash - surely it's not unexpected?

My concern is actually still with the fact it has the appearance that someone just decided at 9am today that we should start selling Champions League tickets.

:lol:

Love it. Remember when the club said 'are you really sure you want us to say no to Rangers' and everyone on here to a man said 'Yes'. Well welcome to your future. The club has a massive financial hole to plug and this they clearly see as one of the ways of doing it. We had plenty of cheap ticket days and decent season ticket deals in the past few years, just like the good signing we pinched from clubs in England. Those days are gone.

This is the harsh reality of the financial state that we as a football club find ourselves in. No Ranges would lead to major money problems but as many pointed out when the club tried to paint the bleak picture some were too busy sticking it to Rangers to really grasp the seriousness of the situation. We're in deep shit at the minute. The club needs money, people said they understood the consequences of what is happening around about us and that they would do everything possible to help plug the gap. Put up or shut up.

This is only the start. When we lose 9 players at the end of next season and fail to replace them I expect to see similar bitching and complaining going on. Are the club charging too much? Probably. However they are desperate for cash and the fact they're selling them before the draw should be setting a few alarm bells ringing.

Remember we wanted this, tough times ahead.

• Like 6

I can't understand some on here..We all 'talk' about how we are going to dig into our pockets to help the club and when the club put a wee bit extra on the tickets to help the club out in dire times they get roundly booed...facepalm.gif

FFS get your hands in your pockets, pay the going rate and fill the stadium, do you support the Well or not..?? Well get bloody buying its the Champions League christ, who cares if its 'only' the qualifying stage, the players done great to get us into this position lets support them and the club.

• Like 3

This game was never going to see all the aunties and uncles and fans from Timbuktu coming to Fir Park. While it may be a once in a lifetime match in a way, it is, ultimately, a qualifying game against a semi-big(ish) European team. It's not Real Madrid or AC Milan coming. It's not a cup final at Hampden.

This game will excite our core fans and probably attract a few hundred floaters. Considering the financial issues we're apparently going to face, I don't blame the club for raising the prices a little.

I will wait to see how things develop over the next few days before buying a ticket.

If Motherwell do the right thing by the fans then I will do right by them. I will buy one for me and a full price ticket for my nephew who is 14. I will also buy a ticket for my girlfriend who probably won't go.

Don't get me wrong, I agree the prices are pretty hefty and I'm pretty disappointed myself - but given we're only days away from being told we're fucked financially regardless of what happens with Rangers and that all fans need to club together and probably part with extra cash to get us through, it seems a bit mental that there's such a backlash - surely it's not unexpected?

When I've considered it further from my first reaction that it was pricey, perhaps not.

With such importance placed by the club on becoming a season ticket holder there won't be that many opportunities to capitalise on non-season book games so its perhaps understandable that they might want to "milk it" for want of a better word.

Ironically it's perhaps the very fact that for many they don't actually physically pay to get into games and use their season book that paying £30 to watch a Motherwell home game seems such a massive leap from the norm.

I fully expected the club to be telling me to take out extra lotto memberships, buy bricks, encourage friends along to games, take out Well Society members, buy programmes, have a pint in the Cooper etc. You know all the extra things that you might be able to do on top of paying in, or buying your season ticket.

Perhaps naively on my part I hadn't considered them loading extra on to a ticket price.

I'll happily pump extra money into the club to help us through a difficult couple of seasons.

However, the club have to focus on growing the core support and 2 European ties in August was the perfect opportunity to develop a feel good factor and encourage fairweather fans to attend on a more regular basis.

• Like 3

£30 although steep (£10 more than normal) I am happy to pay - but I cannot justify to my wife either days before or after my other son's first birthday spending £15 on 90 minutes of football + travelling costs for me and my son.

Nor is there any chance of me getting mates (who do not support Motherwell) to come along to watch, what could be a rubber stamp game for £30 a pop....

• Like 3

I can understand them going on sale at the moment. Create demand etc. However, the Club really needs to hope we get the home leg first. If the fans don't bite for CL tickets at the moment (usual fans will I think) for whatever reason....summer holidays, season tickets, can't afford it just now, and so on....if we get a sore defeat away then no way are casual fans, other SPL fans, turning up to pay £30 for a no contest. Then what happens.....lower the price and issue a free ticket to an SPL game in the future to those that forked out £30? If they are season ticket holders....possibly bring a friend for free?

Selling them now will be a big plus in respect to demands on the stretched staff....I totally get that. I just hope the pricing doesn't come back to bite us on the erse due to the scenario above.

Here is to a home leg first....or a battling 1-1 draw away from home if a trip abroad is straight out the hat :thumbup:

keep your ticket and get a £5 off the europa cup game :cheers:

• Like 3

I've been looking to put extra into the club, as I said I would but we really need the extra income from casual attenders and new attenders and this pricing goes against everything that the clubs been working on

who do they honestly think make up the 10,000+ attendances we've been lucky to have in Europe

regulars bringing along brothers, sisters, wifes, girlfriends, boyfriends, neighbours, kids & their pals, work colleagues with a passing interest etc

I can see the reaction now to , tickets on sale for a wee European night at Fir Park, you interested? Aye, how much this year? just £30? Whit? fuck that!

Spot on. I'll be there no problem....so will the vast majority of the regular attendees on here. However, I'd suggest the Club have got quite used to the money I put in to the Club as it is pretty frequent and reliable. Like many others on here. The wee bonus, the extras, are when the 'casual' or special occasion (again for many reasons sometimes not of their own choosing) fans attend and put extra into the Club. I feel this tie and the pricing will limit that possibility. I already know of a good few footie fans who had an interest in attending this match write it off due to the cost of the tickets. At the same time I'd be buggered if I would head along to see another SPL team in European competition at the cost of £30. Dear enough supporting your own team.

I can't understand some on here..We all 'talk' about how we are going to dig into our pockets to help the club and when the club put a wee bit extra on the tickets to help the club out in dire times they get roundly booed...facepalm.gif

FFS get your hands in your pockets, pay the going rate and fill the stadium, do you support the Well or not..?? Well get bloody buying its the Champions League christ, who cares if its 'only' the qualifying stage, the players done great to get us into this position lets support them and the club.

You are totally missing the point. WE all will dig deep and pay the price of a ticket to this match......but an opportunity to get cash from people they don't usually has gone imo.

• Like 1