Champions League Simplified

B.K.

As already mentioned all will depend on location. Done the charter to both Denmark and Romania and if I remember correctly both were around about the £550ish mark. Not sure on Denmark but you then had the best part of £70ish quid for the hotel, can't mind if it was the same in Denmark or not.

Loved both trips on the charter, made it much more easier to get to the actual location where we were being based.

Was £500 for Odense. Was the only option for me, and when I saw the young lads boarding the Motherwell bound bus outside the stadium after the game, I was kinda glad I took it. Was back in Glasgow before midnight.

However, I do believe £500 was a bit steep for a 90min flight and 1 night in an average hotel and transfers. Three of our current possible opponents are a hell of a lot further away than Odense was, so multiply that £500 by however much.

Downside for us is the short timescales between the draw and the game, 10 or 17 days. One option for Kiev, if thats where we end up, would be Easyjet to Krakow - cheap as chips - then train to Kiev.

However, I do believe £500 was a bit steep for a 90min flight and 1 night in an average hotel and transfers. Three of our current possible opponents are a hell of a lot further away than Odense was, so multiply that £500 by however much.

your forgetting you got a match ticket as well Special? and a coach from the hotel to the stadium...... and coach transfers Fir Park-Airport-Fir Park.......and the price (unless you got a discount!)

Iceland was £420 + pay your own hotel

Norway was £590 (dunno about hotel or even need for it)

Denmark was as follows –

· Single room - £580

· Twin room - £545

· Triple room - £535

Iceland was £420 + pay your own hotel

Norway was £590 (dunno about hotel or even need for it)

Denmark was as follows –

· Single room - £580

· Twin room - £545

· Triple room - £535

Therefore prepare to get fleeced if we are heading to the eastern reaches of the continent.

3/4trs of the fun is the trip there and back when you go independently. I appreciate that is not an option for a lot of people who have time limits or nae mates.....

The only thing about the charter is the fact the plane leaves straight after the game. In Iceland it was good crack going into Reykyavik for a swally after the game...same goes for Odense.

Still if we get turned over 5 or 6-0 then I will would want to get on the charter and back home pronto :rolleyes:

Shame we can't draw the Latvian team, if they get through, as they are unseeded to. Flights to Riga from Prestwick were about £45 return last year and travel in Latvia is SO cheap.

Slovakia or Serbia anyone?

Wrong arm of the draw. Serbia and Slovakia only have Champions in the competition and even if/when we drop to Europa no way with the state of their performances will they have seeded sides.

Anyone get the feeling the Sun is doing their lazy reporting again. This was discussed on here a couple of days again, now it suddenly appears in the Sun.

Anyway this issue is building up my hopes as I really this Copenhagen and Brugge are not as strong and the story with Panathinaikos selling/releasing players is encouraging also.

the charter has generally been more expensive than going it alone.

i think most of them have been around £400-£500.

faroes was £380

finland was £400

done the job at the time as there was no cheap airline's

there is so many ways to make up your trip now ie going early,taking in other places on the way.

charter is a great way for people with only so many holidays in the bank for work