Champions League Simplified

B.K.

I'm awaiting a mammoth tax rebate that I initially asked about at the start of June, but will now be picked up by the relevant team on 27th July "at the latest", so it's looking really unlikely I'll get to go, which is fuckin pish!

What's the concensus ? Are folks going regardless or are some going dependant on who we draw, and are some assuming an immediate exit and opting for EL trip ?

3, (maybe 4), of us biting the bullet and going regardless, although quite how we get there remains to be seen :mellow:

i will be going no matter where it is...this might be the only time i get to see Motherwell play in the champions league so not going to miss it..

• Like 1

I'm awaiting a mammoth tax rebate that I initially asked about at the start of June, but will now be picked up by the relevant team on 27th July "at the latest", so it's looking really unlikely I'll get to go, which is fuckin pish!

If you know you're gonna be quids in, why not put the trip on tik ?

You need a Visa for Turkey?

I will definitely be going regardless. Pesimistically, I've booked time off work for the Europa League play-off dates aswell but that one really depends on where it is and how much of a fortune I've spent on the first trip.

You need a Visa for Turkey?

I will definitely be going regardless. Pesimistically, I've booked time off work for the Europa League play-off dates aswell but that one really depends on where it is and how much of a fortune I've spent on the first trip.

The visa involves giving them an english tenner when you land in Turkey...

• Like 1

The visa involves giving them an english tenner when you land in Turkey...

Indeed it does. Absolute scam aint it? Got caught out with that the one and only time we went there, good job I'd thirty quid in my pocked at the time. They even took a tenner off me for our then 4-year-old!

What's the final decision on Fenerbahce's involvement this year? Read a few articles which said the chairman has been jailed(now bailed) for match fixing , so you would think they would be banned??

http://www.guardian....ball/fenerbahce

Think it's still decision pending mate. Hope tae fekk its sorted before next Friday.

I'm up for the charter with my old dad for Ukraine or Denmark. Couldnae take the heat in Greece or Turkey and have no desire to visit Instanbul any roads.

Will see where we get drawn for the other game but plan on going to that aswell. Fuck it. You're a long time deid!

I've been looking at prices already, Kiev and Athens looks a right expensive trip but will try my best to get there! Copenhagen seems to be the most do-able one for myself.

I've just completely ruled out Istanbul as i don't want to come back in a box.

• Like 2

......................................... I've just completely ruled out Istanbul as i don't want to come back in a box.

That was my thought initially. However, have been talking to a Turk at work who says it is not as bad as is sometimes portrayed. Look for trouble and you will find it. Be respectful and you will be made very welcome.

what about our colours?

We've got a 1 in 4 chance of drawing Fenerbache, if they don't get lobbed out. Besides Galatasaray play in red and yellowy gold ................ not claret & amber, and if you wear a kilt with your Well top this will definitively identify you with MFC and not the Club from accross the Bosporus :nod:

We've got a 1 in 4 chance of drawing Fenerbache, if they don't get lobbed out. Besides Galatasaray play in red and yellowy gold ................ not claret & amber, and if you wear a kilt with your Well top this will definitively identify you with MFC and not the Club from accross the Bosporus :nod:

" No no Hakan.. this is amber and claret, that's more of a yellowy-gol *STAB*.................."

• Like 3