Europa League 2012/13 Discussion Thread

David

From a footballing perspective I hope its anyone but Liverpool - we see more than enough of them on the box. Lets meet a team we haven't seen before. From a financial perspective I suspect the club would like Liverpool. .

Yes and no Dave.

Would love to watch Motherwell at Anfield. For those of us who were in Athens, would welcome a less expensive trip. Plus it would without doubt be the most profitable tie for the club, assuming we will get beat by the other seeded sides. Doubt it will happen though. Even if accurate only a one in 5 chance of getting that draw....

Just looked on the UEFA.com app on my phone and according to that the Anorthosis game is still going on. Currently in the 240th minute of injury time. I'd assume they'll have to forfeit the game given it was 3 - 0 with about 7 minutes to go when their fans invaded the pitch.

Nothing definite yet. UEFA have a funny habit of complicating things with their draw procedures. It could turn out to be completely different. Don't know exactly when it will be confirmed.

I'm away to bed.

See there is a story on uefa about money.

"Each club figuring in the first and/or second and/or third qualifying round of the UEFA Europa League will get €100,000 per round even if they qualify for the UEFA Europa League group stage. In addition, every side eliminated in the UEFA Europa League play-offs will be allocated €100,000."

Or hopefully

"Each of the 48 clubs that feature in the group stage can expect to receive a group stage fee of €1.3m. There will also be performance bonuses of €200,000 for every win and €100,000 for every draw in the group stage. Moreover, qualification bonuses will be allotted to the teams that progress to the round of 32: the 12 group winners can anticipate earning €400,000 apiece and the runners-up €200,000"

Presumably as well as

"Likewise, every team performing in the second qualifying round of the UEFA Champions League will earn €140,000 provided they do not qualify for the UEFA Champions League group stage, while each side eliminated in the third qualifying round of the UEFA Champions League will get €140,000."

Motherwell face some equally tough ties. Sporting Lisbon are the top side in the group but Bordeaux, Hapoel tel-Aviv, Levante and Sparta Prague are also possible opponents.

Seeded - Sporting Clube de Portugal (POR) FC Girondins de Bordeaux (FRA) Hapoel Tel-Aviv FC (ISR) AC Sparta Praha (CZE)

Levante UD (ESP)

Unseeded - AC Horsens (DEN) Motherwell FC (SCO) F91 Dudelange (LUX)FK Crvena zvezda (SRB)Feyenoord (NED)

Herts could get Liverpool. Club Brugge, Altetico Madrid, Heerenveen, or Anorthosis Famagusta/Dila Gori (dependantt on UEFA ruling as the game was abandoned with 9 minutes to go due to crowd trouble, Gori lead 3-0 on the night 4-0 on agg).