Straight Question(S) To The Board Of Mfc Re. Sfl Proposal

Steve Diggle

I actually can't believe this sh!t.

When you think that the SPL can't sink any lower, they pull this.

Basically the SPL are saying to the SFL clubs "You better put them into Div 1 OR ELSE!", threatening to break away, threatening an SPL2. It's so low, the thought that representatives of Motherwell FC might have been involved actually makes me feel physically sick.

I can't believe I started a thread the other day praising Motherwell, praising the SPL and trying to suggest various ways we could all chip in to ensure that they don't suffer financially for doing the right thing. While ALL ALONG, they were planning this behind the scenes. What they are planning now is actually rewriting practically all of Scottish football to suit "Rangers/SEVCO".

Safe in the knowledge that the club had done the right thing, my whole group have renewed season tickets. 8 in all. Because of how impressed I was with the club's handling of this, I was looking at buying the 1 seat that is left in our area as well. I was also looking at saving some money to upgrade my 'Well Society membership to the next level.

What is the deal with Season Tickets? can you get your money back??

If our club was involved in arranging this stitch up then I'll be looking to do just that. It was bought under false pretences

the thought that representatives of Motherwell FC might have been involved actually makes me feel physically sick.

What is the deal with Season Tickets? can you get your money back??

If our club was involved in arranging this stitch up then I'll be looking to do just that. It was bought under false pretences

I really hope we are squeaky clean in all of this, or there might be a few people asking for refunds.

Doing the maths, won't SPL clubs be even more vulnerable to a fan's backlash now that Newco are out of the SPL and the clubs are even more dependent on these same fans turning up and handing over their cash despite being shafted by the Scottish football establishment?

Doing the maths, won't SPL clubs be even more vulnerable to a fan's backlash now that Newco are out of the SPL and the clubs are even more dependent on these same fans turning up and handing over their cash despite being shafted by the Scottish football establishment?

yes and no

as its worth remembering the SPL decision on newco hasn't been made yet

who is to say all of these proposals are not, just, to scare the SPL no voters

ever decreasing trust in those that are running the game, and I am concerned at those running our club after years of good positive moves, but all my doubt might be cast aside if they were to just come clean with the involvement and the real goals

my faith in Derek Weir was already being tested with the league restructure sham

time for him to stand up and declare if he's a Scottish football fan or an aspiring elitist willing to gamble the very substance and the future of our club and lead us down an ever more concerning and corruptible path or is he on board to deliver the core values the rest have been preaching

all of the recent events have shown Scottish football has a lot of foundations to repair before building to the next level

• Like 1

That has actually cheered me up a bit. The SFL chairmen can't be that daft eh?

Raith have already reiterated that they won't bow to blackmail and their answer is still no I believe. Not sure on the other 3 that already said no.

I'd also be shocked if Livingston backed it after being relegated to the third after being days away from liquidation.

What a fucking stitch up this whole scenario is. Time for uefa to take over this whole mess imo.

Now the SPL are badly briding, blackmailing and lying to its members I would not be suprised if UEFA now step in and suppend the SPL from UEFA membership. Motherwell will never play in the CL and Scotland will miss WC 2014.

I doubt anyone could say they'd really be shocked by that. :wallbash:

My ultra cyinical side says the clubs plans are simply to trick everyone into buying season tickets with their 'no' votes before revealing a new way to parachute in the newco, hoping they get as much of both the fans and rangers money as they can.

I will wait this time to see what the club has to say about this BUT

Have we been lied to?

They didn't need to lie to us, they just let us go on our merry way even allowing us to decide whether Rangers would be in the SPL or not. The wee leaflet full of doom and gloom that was sent out along with it wasn't trying to change anyone's mind it was just preparing us for what was coming along in it's wake.

The proposal yesterday came after lengthy discussions betwen the SPL and SFA.

Derek Weir is on the board of the SPL, make up your own mind.

As far as I'm concerned yesterday's proposals are Scottish Football's suicide note.

scottish junior football being held up as a shining beacon of honesty and integrity.

never thought i'd see the day :whistling:

Aye I suppose that admitting the Old Firm can do whatever they want and not be held accountable for their actions is better eh? Scottish fitba is great eh?

They didn't need to lie to us, they just let us go on our merry way even allowing us to decide whether Rangers would be in the SPL or not. The wee leaflet full of doom and gloom that was sent out along with it wasn't trying to change anyone's mind it was just preparing us for what was coming along in it's wake.

The proposal yesterday came after lengthy discussions betwen the SPL and SFA.

Derek Weir is on the board of the SPL, make up your own mind.

As far as I'm concerned yesterday's proposals are Scottish Football's suicide note.

Nail on the head!

Aye I suppose that admitting the Old Firm can do whatever they want and not be held accountable for their actions is better eh? Scottish fitba is great eh?

the juniors rejigged their entire league structure for the benefit of the bigger clubs not too long ago.

getting a ten point deduction and demoted to the first divsion is punishment, a lot of people might not think it's enough punishment but it is a punishment. where was your indignation when we got away with being in admin and finishing bottom without even a slap on the wrist?

and obviously i think scottish football is great. i wouldn't go to 40 odd games a season if i didn't.

Just bought my season ticket today and want to know whether to phone up for a refund or not?

Luckily I have still not renewed, I will wait until our involvement (if any) in this shambles is a little clearer. If the Well Society vote has been a sham, and we have been duped into a brief Motherwell board love in, there will be quite a few pissed off Well fans out there. I truly hope they have done the right thing and stayed well clear of this proposal.

the juniors rejigged their entire league structure for the benefit of the bigger clubs not too long ago.

getting a ten point deduction and demoted to the first divsion is punishment, a lot of people might not think it's enough punishment but it is a punishment. where was your indignation when we got away with being in admin and finishing bottom without even a slap on the wrist?

and obviously i think scottish football is great. i wouldn't go to 40 odd games a season if i didn't.

This isn't about admin.

there was an spl vote scheduled on newco share transfer. society members were balloted on which way the club should vote.

in what way is that a sham?

Agree with this. The latest proposals are a direct result of us (and other clubs) rejecting newco from the SPL.

Who cares..!! We dealt with it as the rules of the game at the time, which were none. New rules were brought in later and they have been used on clubs who went into administration so take your holier than though shite elsewhere.

We didn't break the rules because there were none to break. We done what we had to do to survive.

Agree with this. The latest proposals are a direct result of us (and other clubs) rejecting newco from the SPL.

So Rangers are not being demoted to the First Division then. They're being promoted to/entered into..... The SPL have no power to demote anyone at all from their league to the SFL - if they're allowed in of course.

We went into admin and so never went out of existence. Rangers liquidated and therefore ceased to exist. This is not a punishment this is a new team having to apply for entry to SFL.

Rangers and punishment is a whole other discussion but I think that the newco are not liable for any punishment. any punishment should have been applied to the old rangers.

I think that is being pretty fair minded.

Who cares..!! We dealt with it as the rules of the game at the time, which were none. New rules were brought in later and they have been used on clubs who went into administration so take your holier than though shite elsewhere.

We didn't break the rules because there were none to break. We done what we had to do to survive.

but what about the sporting integrity? :whistling:

we'll do what we have to to survive again and if we lose a few fans then who cares...!! we're better off without those who would happily see the club in financial difficulties or withdraw their support on a whim.

We went into admin and so never went out of existence. Rangers liquidated and therefore ceased to exist. This is not a punishment this is a new team having to apply for entry to SFL.

Rangers and punishment is a whole other discussion but I think that the newco are not liable for any punishment. any punishment should have been applied to the old rangers.

I think that is being pretty fair minded.

Exactly. Far too many folk, on both sides, are getting caught up in the idea of punishment. We're past that. This is now about a newco club having to follow the same route as any other club by applying for inclusion in the SFL, or not having to follow this route due to blatant corruption.

For me, this is no longer about Rangers specifically. It's about just how corrupt our national sport is possibly about to become and whether there's any point continuing to be a part of it.

If this is the level of corruption we are willing to reach to shoehorn Rangers into the SPL within the next year, what else can we expect? If Rangers do return to the SPL within a year but are still so financially insecure that they struggle, and we find ourselves in a relegation battle with them in 2013/14, I hope all Motherwell fans are prepared to accept that we will be sacrificed to Division One to ensure Rangers remain in the SPL. No moaning about dodgy penalty or offside decisions I'm afraid, it'll just be a case of accepting that it's the new corrupt way of things to ensure that the glorious Glasgow Rangers (or whatever they're called) continue to line the pockets of those in charge of our game.

• Like 1