Motherwell V St Johnstone

FrazMFC96

I'd be highly surprised if the line up tomorrow wasn't:

---------------------------------------Randolph----------------------------------------------

Hateley-----------------Hutchinson----------Ramsden------------------Hammell

Daley--------------------Lasley----------------Law--------------------------Murphy

----------------------------Higdon--------------Ojamaa------------------------------------

I would however, avoid playing Daley at all costs, even if it means moving Law wide, who has been great in the centre. Daley is an empty jersey the majority of games.

---------------------------------------Randolph----------------------------------------------

Daley--------------------Lasley----------------Law--------------------------Murphy

----------------------------Higdon--------------Ojamaa------------------------------------

I would however, avoid playing Daley at all costs, even if it means moving Law wide, who has been great in the centre. Daley is an empty jersey the majority of games.

Fully expect that to be the line up too as it is pretty much the eleven established players we have fit. Would like to see carswell or hetherington given an opportunity though and drop daley to the bench, with law out wide. Shame humphreys out for this one, I could see him giving Callum Davidson a roasting.

Beattie is some signing for St Johnstone. How the fuck can they afford him though?!? Bbc website reports he can't play tomorrow thankfully.

Even at this stage, I've got the fear for us this season. Keep thinking of how disappointing we were the season after we finished 3rd with McGhee.

I gave up trying to predict the scores years ago, but I'm not optimistic!

I agree with MJC think we could see a 1-0 defeat. I'm looking forward to the match however, first season I've had a season ticket and it looks like the sun will be shining.

I'm looking forward to it aswell, despite my lack of optimism ahead of this game. There's nothing like Saturday afternoon football at Fir Park.

Can't wait to hear what our esteemed DJ has got lined up for the pre-match and half time entertainment. I wonder what mash ups and remixes we'll be treated to tomorrow? Rihanna vs Travis maybe, Umbrella mixed with Why Does it always rain on me. :evilgrin:

I'm looking forward to it aswell, despite my lack of optimism ahead of this game*. There's nothing like Saturday afternoon football at Fir Park.

*every game which has been played, is being played, or will be played. Regardless of what happens, I will shaft it with my boundless, uncontrollable, and almost orgasmic negativity. However...

Why not stick Ojamaa out wide for daley and put McHugh up front with Higgy? I'd like to see Oj on the wing with maybe a wee bit more space than he's been getting. he can cut inside and shoot or go wide and cross. Let' s face it how much worse can that be then having daley there?

Fraser Kerr to partner Hutchy at the back with Ramsden moving into midfield releasing Law for his best role further upfield. Give Bob McHugh a run up front playing off Higgy's shoulder. Keep Henrik in reserve for the last 30 mins if needs be.

Certainly Saints aren't a side I'd fancy playing against after a hard midweek expedition to Athens. As we know they're a very big hard physical side and win, lose or draw, the lads will know all about it at 5pm this afternoon. At the risk of upsetting the football purists on this site, I'd be tempted to needle Steven Anderson (if he's playing). He's a bombscare on a short fuse.

Definitely agree with moving Ramsden into a holding role given we are asking Nicky Law to do his best work defensively and more crucially with his back to the opposition goal, but, much as I liked the look of Kerr, Cummins not to get a chance to build on Wednesday's fine performance? Suspect it would do his development more harm than good with little risk of burn out at this early stage of the season.

st johnstone look pretty strong tbh I expect them to be comfortably in the top 6 and a darkhorse for 2nd place. We seem to be their bogey team tho lets hope that continues. Hopefully we see a Motherwell goal today Higdon's winner at tynecastle feels like years ago, we've now gone over 5 competivive games without a goal.

I'd take any sort of boring scrappy 1-0 win here

st johnstone look pretty strong tbh I expect them to be comfortably in the top 6 and a darkhorse for 2nd place. We seem to be their bogey team tho lets hope that continues. Hopefully we see a Motherwell goal today Higdon's winner at tynecastle feels like years ago, we've now gone over 5 competivive games without a goal.

I'd take any sort of boring scrappy 1-0 win here

To be honest, I'm not too worried about that statistic. 2 of those games were after we'd already wrapped up the Champions League spot and took our foot off the gas. Of the 3 games this season, 2 were against a higher level of opponent than we will face in the SPL and the only one against SPL opposition was against a very well organised, defensive team. We've always struggled to break down teams like that, and the start of this season is no different.

St Johnstone will come at us, so we're going to get some space to play today. As long as we move the ball more quickly than we did against Pana, I'm confident the goals will start coming today.

St Johnstone will come at us, so we're going to get some space to play today. As long as we move the ball more quickly than we did against Pana, I'm confident the goals will start coming today.

I hope so mate im not overlly worried by the stat either but if we don't score today you know what this place will be like

I'd go with that too but I was under the impression that Carswell has fell out the picture a wee bit?

Anyway, Ramsden will be a McCall regular while fit.

Think he's just been nursing a couple of different injuries over pre season. Considering we gave him a 2.5 year deal last year, I can't imagine him not figuring in plans!

Gutted to be missing the game today after purchasing my first season tickets in years. Been dragged to a wedding :angry: lol.

Think we will win today, 2-0 Daley :ph34r: & Ojamma both on the score sheet.

Randolph

Hateley Ramsden Hutchison Hammell

Daley Lasley Law Murphy

Higdon Ojamma