Hearts V Motherwell....

Davie boy

I used to be home and away, every single friendly etc for a number of years but, like Andy says, other priorities take hold and you simply cannot do it anymore. I still get disappointed at missing even a single match but am glad to at least only be missing away games.

Good point from Jay regards McCall shoe-horning the best 11 into his team.

John Hughes syndrome.

Mark McShovelface was fond of it too. Stephen Hughes at wing back vs Nancy and at left wing vs St Mirren in the cup spring to mind.

Although at least he was honest about it. I recall him saying in an interview that he only had 12 or 13 players he "trusted"...

Good points made by Jay.

I felt the performance was a bit flat, we lost our shape a lot, particularly in the first half. Lasley was trying too hard to support Higdon and with him being our most imposing midfileder we then struggled when hearts got possession. Changed a bit when Carswell came on and on that note I thought Carswell looked excellent when he came on. Get Hateley back to RB and give him a run of games in there.

I used to be home and away, every single friendly etc for a number of years but, like Andy says, other priorities take hold and you simply cannot do it anymore. I still get disappointed at missing even a single match but am glad to at least only be missing away games.

I,m slowly but surely coming to the same conclusion. I take my son to every away game and have been doing that for the last 3 or 4 years.

He uses a wheelchair so the match tickets are lower than that of a normal paying punter eg Hearts on Sunday was £15 but when you add up the cost of travel (have to drive to every game as we cant go on a supporters bus) food etc it is becoming just too expensive.

I am seriously thinking about only going to the likes of St Mirren,Kilmarnock who are relatively close by and using some of what I would be saving to put in a fund to buy a 'Well Society membership for my son and just take in a Junior game when we are away.

Was an utterly boring game and a terrible advert for Scottish football.

We were beaten by a wordly yes, but Grainger had too much time to execute his shot. Jay is spot on about McCall catering to his best eleven players as is Sieb about is seeming to want to stop Hearts rather than play ourselves, which is especially stupid considering

I hate being negative on our players but after a bright ten minutes to start the game, Murphy disappeared and it seems any slight touch of a defender is enough to put him off, he really needs to bulk/toughen up, especially if he is playing out wide.

As mentioned, Hateley is woeful in midfield, he's a terrific right back and I would have him on the teamsheet there every week, but he's atrocious in centre midfield and I don't know why McCall persists with him there. I wonder what has changed from last season when Carswell was chosen to fill in for the various suspensions of Jennings and Lasley with Hateley still at right back and other options for both positions.

We miss Jennings badly, I reckon we could get by without him if someone was delegated to play the "Jennings" role, sitting in front of the defence, breaking up attacks etc, but no one that has played centre midfield yet has seemed to do that. Put Carswell in there and give him that role and see what he can do, can't do any harm. Law playing centre midfield is a loss, I'm not saying he's terrible in there or anything but his creative influence is far too restricted in there. Stick him out left where he was so good last season.

Higdon as a lone striker doesn't work, Ojamaa as a lone striker I don't think would work (Pana away is the only time we've been able to judge that), so why not play both of them upfront together? We haven't really had a set front two all season and a run of games for them together would be my first option. From what I've seen of McHugh thus far, I don't think he is good enough to be a starter, but he hasn't had a good enough run of games for that to be too balanced an opinion.

• Like 1

As mentioned, Hateley is woeful in midfield, he's a terrific right back and I would have him on the teamsheet there every week, but he's atrocious in centre midfield

AGREED 100% - i think the problem is, that's where Hateley wants to play

and I don't know why McCall persists with him there. I wonder what has changed from last season when Carswell was chosen to fill in for the various suspensions of Jennings and Lasley with Hateley still at right back and other options for both positions.

i think on a few occasions Carswell has been unfortunate with niggling injuries this season - but on the whole, ive been banging on about him getting a run in the team. Theres been endless examples listed here where players have been thrown in at the deep end and its "made" them - Stevie Hammell is the standout in the team just now, when McMillan never got his place back

We miss Jennings badly..............................Put Carswell in there and give him that role and see what he can do, can't do any harm.

Hateley has had his chance and it never worked - move back to RB, where you have played all your best games in a C&A jersey. Carswell needs to be given a chance - as yet i dont think that has happened, the same goes for McHugh. If they are not good enough..........let them go. But we are never going to know if they are good enough because they haven't been given that chance

As mentioned by Jay - if Hateley plays RB, its as if he has to drop a "first teamer" to accommodate him. Kerr would maybe lose it - then he might be questioned as to why he has brought someone in on loan and not playing them - that may restrict him in future as the board will say, we're not covering his wages when you dont play them? (i dont know)

Totally agree though, that he has his best/favourite players and wants to shoehorn them into the first 11 - if that is the case, make subs earlier and give the guys a proper run out (not 3 mins)